• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

O'Reilly

millsy

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
From the left side of the field it's not often that I am willing to take my hat off to a member (poppa bear?) of the conservative radio fraternity. But you have to like the way Mr. O'Reilly is railing against big oil since hurricane Katrina. Say what you want about O'Reilly and I'm sure plenty could be said, but, he is one pundit (one of few on either side) that is willing to speak out against his side's positions once in a while (against big oil, against the death penalty). Good for him.....................at least this time.

Well well well, that is a kind gesture, it's about time someone on the left actually gave him some credit, I also like what he does in the name of our children, he is a good man.

Wow! I really admire that O'Reilly is doing this. A good man, Deegan? Well, I guess in this respect he is, but telling a woman who is not his wife that he wants to take a shower with her and rub her boobs while at the same time condemning Clinton for his Monica Lewinsky scandal isn't someone I would label as a good man.

aps said:
Wow! I really admire that O'Reilly is doing this. A good man, Deegan? Well, I guess in this respect he is, but telling a woman who is not his wife that he wants to take a shower with her and rub her boobs while at the same time condemning Clinton for his Monica Lewinsky scandal isn't someone I would label as a good man.
I seem to remember that allegation. What ever became of it?

KCConservative said:

He settled out of court with conditions of a gag order. He says he will not speak of it again.

KCConservative said:

You're back! Welcome back! He settled the lawsuit. He said some pretty raunchy things to her.

aps said:

I'm not sure that happened, but if it did, people make mistakes, I certainly don't agree with that behavior, but he can still be a good man, can he not?

Deegan said:
I'm not sure that happened, but if it did, people make mistakes, I certainly don't agree with that behavior, but he can still be a good man, can he not?

Unless he stains her dress.......:rofl

aps said:
You're back! Welcome back! He settled the lawsuit. He said some pretty raunchy things to her.
If it was sttled out of court and their is now a gag order, how do we know what he said to her? Do you have a link?

Deegan said:

Someone who slams others for a living isn't someone I can consider good. It would be one thing if he was going after objectively bad people/corporations (al Qaeda, oil companies, tobacco companies ;)). But his attacks on various individuals are mean spirited and downright unprofessional to the point that I wonder how any adult can listen to his horse poop. Even if he was belitting Tom DeLay, I wouldn't like it. I don't like that kind of TV show.

aps said:
Someone who slams others for a living isn't someone I can consider good. It would be one thing if he was going after objectively bad people/corporations (al Qaeda, oil companies, tobacco companies ;)). But his attacks on various individuals are mean spirited and downright unprofessional to the point that I wonder how any adult can listen to his horse poop. Even if he was belitting Tom DeLay, I wouldn't like it. I don't like that kind of TV show.
You love Olbermann. He does this all the time, does he not?

aps said:

"Someone who slams others for a living.."

Isn't that the definition of a politician running for office?

KCConservative said:
You love Olbermann. He does this all the time, does he not?

He got you there aps.;)

Deegan said:
He got you there aps.;)
Not trying to get her, but it was just funny that she praises Olbermann so much and belittling people is what he does best.

KCConservative said:
Not trying to get her, but it was just funny that she praises Olbermann so much and belittling people is what he does best.

Olbermann does it in a funny way. Watch him. He's not mean spirited. His show is about providing news while in between providing wacky news. It's not a serious show. Then watch O'Reilly. If you can't see a difference between the two, then I will be surprised.

Deegan said:
He got you there aps.;)

STFU!

;)

For some reason, this acronym makes me laugh!

aps said:
Olbermann does it in a funny way. Watch him. He's not mean spirited. His show is about providing news while in between providing wacky news. It's not a serious show. Then watch O'Reilly. If you can't see a difference between the two, then I will be surprised.
So it's not mean spirited if it's done in a funny way? hmm.

KCConservative said:
So it's not mean spirited if it's done in a funny way? hmm.

It depends. I do not see Olbermann as being mean spirited. Have you watched his show? And I will admit that he is clearly one of me, so it may be hard for me to see that. But I think I can be objective about these things. I told you I went to see Fahrenheit 9-11. When Moore makes fun of Bush during the movie, I didn't like it. At the end, he shows Bush trying to remember the wording: Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Bush can't remember, and he looks quite foolish. I hated that part of the movie. That is mean spirited, and I don't think it's funny.

aps said:
It depends. I do not see Olbermann as being mean spirited. Have you watched his show? And I will admit that he is clearly one of me, so it may be hard for me to see that. But I think I can be objective about these things. I told you I went to see Fahrenheit 9-11. When Moore makes fun of Bush during the movie, I didn't like it. At the end, he shows Bush trying to remember the wording: Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Bush can't remember, and he looks quite foolish. I hated that part of the movie. That is mean spirited, and I don't think it's funny.

I'm sorry aps, but I find that guy to be terribly mean, just his "worst person" awards speak volumes, he is a smear merchant. But it's very difficult to see the bad, when we so often agree with what they say, to us it sounds natural.;)

I might have my card revoked but I personally think Olbermann is as mean spirited as any of them and I have seen him be a downright jerkwad on many occassions.

Deegan said:
I'm sorry aps, but I find that guy to be terribly mean, just his "worst person" awards speak volumes, he is a smear merchant. But it's very difficult to see the bad, when we so often agree with what they say, to us it sounds natural.;)

He is laughing when he does his worst person in the world. Most of the time, the person getting the award deserves it. Like last night--Michelle Malkin.

millsy said:
But you have to like the way Mr. O'Reilly is railing against big oil since hurricane Katrina.

Except he's wrong on this one.

millsy said:
From the left side of the field it's not often that I am willing to take my hat off to a member (poppa bear?) of the conservative radio fraternity. But you have to like the way Mr. O'Reilly is railing against big oil since hurricane Katrina. Say what you want about O'Reilly and I'm sure plenty could be said, but, he is one pundit (one of few on either side) that is willing to speak out against his side's positions once in a while (against big oil, against the death penalty). Good for him.....................at least this time.

Can you post a transcript or a link w/ O'Reilly's position?

I'm willing to give the bullying, pathologically lying, sexually harassing, scumbag the benefit of the doubt on this issue. :roll:

BTW - I heard O'Reilly the other day say that he kills 8 out of 10 stories that his staff gives to him because they don't check out. It sounds like he's got a crackerjack team of researchers over there.

hipsterdufus said:
Can you post a transcript or a link w/ O'Reilly's position?

I'm willing to give the bullying, pathologically lying, sexually harassing, scumbag the benefit of the doubt on this issue. :roll:

BTW - I heard O'Reilly the other day say that he kills 8 out of 10 stories that his staff gives to him because they don't check out. It sounds like he's got a crackerjack team of researchers over there.

Here is a transcript of him debating Neil Cavuto and saying he's boycoting Exxon over Lee Raymond's 400 million retirement package.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,192158,00.html

The subject of yesterdays "talking points" on the O'Reilly factor was

"you are being gouged by the american oil companies" but as of yet no transcript is available that I can find.

I could honestly list a dozen links with him railing against big oil since katrina but then this couldn't go under "today's news".

Back
Top Bottom