• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

"One Million Moms" gets offended at Burger King's use of the word "damn" in advertisement

Re: "One Million Moms" gets offended at Burger King's use of the word "damn" in advertisement

In the latest example of psychological projection, a group of conservatives, who love to whine about how liberals are "so easily offended," gets so easily offended by the mildest of profanities.

Conservative mom group offended by ‘d-word’ in Burger King commercial. No, not that d-word | National Post

The ad itself is in that link.

Couldn't they have at least gotten offended at the obvious paid actors instead? :mrgreen:

So many ******s getting offended at every little thing makes me not give a damn what any of them think. :)

Re: "One Million Moms" gets offended at Burger King's use of the word "damn" in advertisement

Leave it Liberals to twist what was actually said to make another fake claim.

They only said it was highly inappropriate for a Burger King commercial.

This is why nobody believe Liberals. Its always yet another fake claim of something that never happened because they still can't get over an election.

Pretty sad though

What's the fake claim? It's on their damn website. Here's the damn link: Burger King Continues to Cross the Line
In the Burger King commercial that is currently airing on TV, customers’ responses are being videoed as they taste-test the Impossible Whopper. One man is completely shocked that the burger is not beef, so he uses the d-word to describe how he feels about himself for being deceived by the taste of the burger.

One Million Moms finds this highly inappropriate. When responding to the taste test, he didn’t have to curse. Or if, in fact, it was a real and unscripted interview in which the man was not an actor, then Burger King could have simply chosen to edit the profanity out of the commercial.

Burger King’s Impossible Whopper ad is irresponsible and tasteless. It is extremely destructive and damaging to impressionable children viewing the commercial. We all know children repeat what they hear.

Looks to me like some damn idiots are having a damn conniption over a damn commercial.

Cussing, such as constant uses of the word bull****, are expected at trump rallies. Trashing dead folks is too, especially if they served our Nation.

Not a single republican politician has stated that their PoS is a role model for their children. How many more ‘mulligans’ will #45 get from phony evangelicals?

An excellent point. Their website brags like Trump on Adderall about their "successes" but doesn't say a damn thing about Trump's stream of profanity at his televised rallies and speeches: Successes

What's the fake claim? It's on their damn website. Here's the damn link: Burger King Continues to Cross the Line
In the Burger King commercial that is currently airing on TV, customers’ responses are being videoed as they taste-test the Impossible Whopper. One man is completely shocked that the burger is not beef, so he uses the d-word to describe how he feels about himself for being deceived by the taste of the burger.

One Million Moms finds this highly inappropriate. When responding to the taste test, he didn’t have to curse. Or if, in fact, it was a real and unscripted interview in which the man was not an actor, then Burger King could have simply chosen to edit the profanity out of the commercial.

Burger King’s Impossible Whopper ad is irresponsible and tasteless. It is extremely destructive and damaging to impressionable children viewing the commercial. We all know children repeat what they hear.

Looks to me like some damn idiots are having a damn conniption over a damn commercial.

Yes, another fake claim

Thread title
One Million Moms" gets offended at Burger King's use of the word "damn" in advertisement

In the latest example of psychological projection, a group of conservatives, who love to whine about how liberals are "so easily offended," gets so easily offended by the mildest of profanities.

Show me where any of them stated they were offended. Just another made up lie twisting the facts to take a stab at a conservative group.

Yes, another fake claim

Thread title
One Million Moms" gets offended at Burger King's use of the word "damn" in advertisement

Show me where any of them stated they were offended. Just another made up lie twisting the facts to take a stab at a conservative group.

So it was a joke? And I find it ironic that you would say that this is a stab at a conservative group. Hope you see it.

Yes, another fake claim

Thread title

It's in the damn link from their damn website.

Pay me to teach you how to read a damn link. Donate $10 in my name to the forum and I'll give you 5 computer lessons.

Just to prove I'm a good sport, I'll make the first one free upon payment!

So it was a joke? And I find it ironic that you would say that this is a stab at a conservative group. Hope you see it.

I provided him a link to the website article and he still denies it exists. Odd. Damn odd!

People are still offended by "damn"?

Damn, what a shocker.

Find offense where you can.

If you look at their "Successes" page, you'll see these nitwits get their knickers in a bunch over all sorts of silly things: Successes

I provided him a link to the website article and he still denies it exists. Odd. Damn odd!

He cannot see the flaws.

My mom's favorite phrase when dad came home stinking drunk with lipstick on his collar was "Damn! Just Damn!" Thing was, he wasn't really drunk, as soon as she dragged him to the bedroom, he'd kick the door shut, stand up straight, pull a cheap stick of Woolworth's lipstick out of his pocket, flash it front of her, and jump her bones as she shrieked at him and giggled. One of those weird adult rituals and she kept falling for it, or so we kids thought. For days afterwards my sisters would mutter "disgusting" under their breaths and their eyes shooting daggers at the two of them. My brothers were oblivious.

Pay me to teach you how to read a damn link. Donate $10 in my name to the forum and I'll give you 5 computer lessons.

Just to prove I'm a good sport, I'll make the first one free upon payment!

Its pretty simple, Just quote the part that says their were offended. It actually states they said its inappropriate.

You can't post the quote because it isn't there. Or you would have posted it.

Its pretty simple, Just quote the part that says their were offended. It actually states they said its inappropriate.

It's pretty simple, read the link yourself or donate ten dollars in my name as stated.....or can't you afford that much?

I think you are starting to see the game both sides are playing.

It's pretty simple, read the link yourself or donate ten dollars in my name as stated.....or can't you afford that much?

Usually people get upset when they get called out. I understand. Everyone read the link. Nowhere in the link does it say they were offended.

You can rant all you want but you not providing the quote is what I was actually looking for.

I knew you couldn't.

Thanks for confirming

He cannot see the flaws.

Agreed.....and there's an apparent reading and comprehension problem too.

From the link: The language in the commercial is offensive.... meaning they were offended by the language.

Usually people get upset when they get called out. I understand. Everyone read the link. Nowhere in the link does it say they were offended.

You can rant all you want but you not providing the quote is what I was actually looking for.

I knew you couldn't.

Thanks for confirming

Are you trying to troll me?

Wrong, the link claims the ad was offensive, meaning "one million moms", really a couple of old men, were offended by the damn ad.

Are you trying to troll me?

Wrong, the link claims the ad was offensive, meaning "one million moms", really a couple of old men, were offended by the damn ad.

It states the language is offensive and states its inappropriate for young viewers. That doesn't mean they were offended. The language is offensive for a public commercial because of its viewer base. But I'm not offended by it.

This is what Liberals get all blown up about.

Leave it Liberals to twist what was actually said to make another fake claim.

They only said it was highly inappropriate for a Burger King commercial.

This is why nobody believe Liberals. Its always yet another fake claim of something that never happened because they still can't get over an election.

Pretty sad though

Why do you believe "damn" is "highly inappropriate"? If conservatives are so outraged over a silly little word then I suggest they do some serious redacting of their bibles.

Damn, Damnable, Damnation - Encyclopedia of The Bible - Bible Gateway

But apparently "damn, that's good" is "profanity". Pathetic; it's about as profane as 'gosh'.

Last edited:

It states the language is offensive and states its inappropriate for young viewers. That doesn't mean they were offended. The language is offensive for a public commercial because of its viewer base. But I'm not offended by it.

This is what Liberals get all blown up about.

THEY WEREN'T OFFENDED!!! THEY ONLY SAID IT WAS OFFENSIVE!!! COMPLETELY DIFFERENT!!!!! SEE!!!!

:lamo

Conservative mom group offended by ‘d-word’ in Burger King commercial. No, not that d-word | National Post

The ad itself is in that link.

Couldn't they have at least gotten offended at the obvious paid actors instead? :mrgreen:

I saw this story on CNN. Its purpose is to demean conservative moms. In the process, it encourages the use of "damn" in everyday conversation.

It's true that 'damn' is rather mild, but if it's overused, it makes the speaker look uncouth. I bet white trash working in a coal mine says 'damn' a lot.

Sure, this story scores points against those old fashioned conservative moms. But to encourage 'damn'? Makes one look low income and trashy. Maybe I'll say 'damn' a lot at my next IT job interview.

Last edited:

Hell, most everyone whines about snowflakes. What does that have to do with it.

You're acting like a snowflake. Rightists are the biggest snowflakes around. Always melting when someone makes a joke at Trump's expense, when Starbucks doesn't have a nativity scene on the cup, when Nike tries to sell shoes....

I saw this story on CNN. Its purpose is to demean conservative moms. In the process, it encourages the use of "damn" in everyday conversation.

It's true that 'damn' is rather mild, but if it's overused, it makes the speaker look uncouth. I bet white trash working in a coal mine says 'damn' a lot.

Sure, this story scores points against those old fashioned conservative moms. But to encourage 'damn'? Makes one look low income and trashy. Maybe I'll say 'damn' a lot at my next IT job interview.

I work in a warehouse, "damn" would be the least offensive language there.

Back
Top Bottom