• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

"One Million Moms" gets offended at Burger King's use of the word "damn" in advertisement

Re: "One Million Moms" gets offended at Burger King's use of the word "damn" in advertisement

Leave it Liberals to twist what was actually said to make another fake claim.

They only said it was highly inappropriate for a Burger King commercial.

This is why nobody believe Liberals. Its always yet another fake claim of something that never happened because they still can't get over an election.

Pretty sad though

Maybe these moms should just shut their ****ing mouths? No one gives a **** what cannibal evangelicals want anymore. They've burned our country to the ground and worsened regime
Cleavage to the point of insanity.

Re: "One Million Moms" gets offended at Burger King's use of the word "damn" in advertisement

Maybe these moms should just shut their ****ing mouths? No one gives a **** what cannibal evangelicals want anymore. They've burned our country to the ground and worsened regime
Cleavage to the point of insanity.

I recommend bible study, penitence and daily self-flagellation to keep those impure profanities in their place.

I recommend bible study, penitence and daily self-flagellation to keep those impure profanities in their place.

I recommend changing churches to be taxed entities. It's been clear for some time these institutions are politicking from the pulpit and should not be tax exempt. They've been active in politics for decades.

It states the language is offensive and states its inappropriate for young viewers. That doesn't mean they were offended. The language is offensive for a public commercial because of its viewer base. But I'm not offended by it.

This is what Liberals get all blown up about.
THEY WEREN'T OFFENDED!!! THEY ONLY SAID IT WAS OFFENSIVE!!! COMPLETELY DIFFERENT!!!!! SEE!!!!

:lamo
TooFunny.gif

Seriously? He expects people to believe there's a difference? What's funnier is that if the situation was reversed where some LW nutjob group was protesting a word, is there any doubt he'd readily agree that claiming a word is offensive and that the claimer was offended are the same thing?

I recommend changing churches to be taxed entities. It's been clear for some time these institutions are politicking from the pulpit and should not be tax exempt. They've been active in politics for decades.

It's against their tax exempt status to politic from the pulpit. Better to enforce the law than to throw the baby out with the bath water. Even atheists qualify for tax-exempt status for their religion, but the same rules apply.
LogoBlack.png
Financial Information | American Atheists
American Atheists, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization. As such, all donations and gifts to American Atheists are tax-deductible to the full extent allowed by law. The Federal Tax Identification Number of American Atheists, Inc. is 74-2466507.

Membership gifts, gifts to our general fund, and gifts to the American Atheists Legal Fund, Billboard Fund, and other specific funds are fully tax deductible.

Churches aren't money-making enterprises with very few exceptions. There is no profit to tax. 99% of churches are just a group of people pooling their money together. Much the same as you and your neighbor going in on a barbecue pit together. Taxing them would be horribly unjust.

I work in a warehouse, "damn" would be the least offensive language there.

I was in the military where we used the "F" word 2-3 times in the same sentence. It's a great word that can be used as a noun, a verb, an adjective, an interjection or an adverb. I don't see the one or two moms (probably two men in drag) bitching about the damn military.

Christians can't defend Christianity from the pulpit? Wrong. It is our job and duty to speak out AGAINST Marxist atheist immorality in government.

It really shouldn't surprise you but these are the same people clutching their pearls over the paper cup at Starbucks.

Do you wonder about people who find "damn" more offensive than " grab them by the *****?"

Not at all. We discovered that bragging about sexually assaulting women is typical locker room behavior for many Trump supporters.

This ( from the article)
The group went on to call the commercial irresponsible and tasteless. “It is extremely destructive and damaging to impressionable children viewing the commercial. We all know children repeat what they hear.”
as well as other offensive issues, could be used as teaching moments. A parent child sit down to explain why not everything is rosy.

Christians can't defend Christianity from the pulpit? Wrong. It is our job and duty to speak out AGAINST Marxist atheist immorality in government.
Do you think all 503Cs should be required to follow the law regardless who they are? Or do you favor giving Christian 503Cs a pass?

This ( from the article)

as well as other offensive issues, could be used as teaching moments. A parent child sit down to explain why not everything is rosy.

...those same parents should also either turn off the television or send the children out of the room any time Trump is speaking.

In typical hypocritical fashion, they are the hypocrites. One Millions C$%ts more like it

Anyway, damn is not a curse. God damn is not a curse. Just becuase your stupid religion makes you think that's bad, too bad. Dont' say it. I have a friend who curses like a sailor, but get so upset if someone says god damn. Sorry, that's just stupid. Worry about what you say if you think its a sin

This is coming from a party where they whine about the snowflakes.

Of course, the party of hypocritical idiots. The party of Deflection and Projection.

In the latest example of psychological projection, a group of conservatives, who love to whine about how liberals are "so easily offended," gets so easily offended by the mildest of profanities.

Conservative mom group offended by ‘d-word’ in Burger King commercial. No, not that d-word | National Post

The ad itself is in that link.

Couldn't they have at least gotten offended at the obvious paid actors instead? :mrgreen:

Wow, it shows the hypocrisy of 1 million moms. Probably half or more are practicing Christians. They remain silent about murder, war, torture and other things, but get twisted up tight about something petty like this. Wow, do we have the government we deserve.

In the latest example of psychological projection, a group of conservatives, who love to whine about how liberals are "so easily offended," gets so easily offended by the mildest of profanities.

Conservative mom group offended by ‘d-word’ in Burger King commercial. No, not that d-word | National Post

Couldn't they have at least gotten offended at the obvious paid actors instead? :mrgreen:

Meh, they get pissy about everything. I wasn't sure anyone really paid any attention to them anymore, but mostly people shouldn't pay attention to them anymore.

Pay me to teach you how to read a damn link. Donate $10 in my name to the forum and I'll give you 5 computer lessons.

Just to prove I'm a good sport, I'll make the first one free upon payment!

He's out of troll techniques. Deflect, project, dodge, repeat. Man, these people are embarrassing to the human race

You're acting like a snowflake. Rightists are the biggest snowflakes around. Always melting when someone makes a joke at Trump's expense, when Starbucks doesn't have a nativity scene on the cup, when Nike tries to sell shoes....

Everything about right wingers is projection. They try to project themselves onto liberals. And nobody is buying it, as its so easy to point out how stupid that projection is. Then they whine about attacks, play victim, anything to avoid how easy it is to refute their complete and utter horse **** they believe

It really shouldn't surprise you but these are the same people clutching their pearls over the paper cup at Starbucks.

Do you wonder about people who find "damn" more offensive than " grab them by the *****?"

Wow... TRUMP CARD in only the second response... GOOD JOB.

Wow, it shows the hypocrisy of 1 million moms. Probably half or more are practicing Christians. They remain silent about murder, war, torture and other things, but get twisted up tight about something petty like this. Wow, do we have the government we deserve.

IIRC, the most they've ever managed to muster on a petition is 30,000 names which doesn't mean they have 30,000 members. The "onemillionmoms" group is a front for AFA, another ultra-conservative RW group which has more in common with the Tories during the Revolution and the Fascists in WWII than to American ideals of "Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness".

Christians advocating for Republicans and right wing politics from the pulpit.

They should lose their tax exempt status and the their paltry idols like osteen would no longer live in castles and fly private jets.

What a bunch of whiny babies.

Back
Top Bottom