• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

One hundred forty-four thousand sealed

Many will be saved...the Bible calls them a great crowd...144,000 will rule as kings and priesst with Jesus Christ in heaven, over the earth, for 1,000 years...after that, Jesus will hand over the kingdom back to God...

Why???

And who sealed those people?

Originally Posted by Elvira View Post
Many will be saved...the Bible calls them a great crowd...144,000 will rule as kings and priesst with Jesus Christ in heaven, over the earth, for 1,000 years...after that, Jesus will hand over the kingdom back to God...

Strange idea.
And a very cruel God.

@ One hundred forty-four thousand sealed

Does anyone here think that only One hundred forty-four thousand will get saved?

What kind of narrow-minded God would that be that restricts saving men to such a small number?

It is likely figurative language. Its like when God told Abraham that his offspring will outnumber the stars in the sky. That require well over somewhere between 250 and 400 billion kids just for the Milky Way alone, let alone other galaxies. I think current estimates are at 108 billion humans ever existing with many coming before the time of Abraham.

These people did not have the benefit of a scientific education or public schooling.

It is likely figurative language. Its like when God told Abraham that his offspring will outnumber the stars in the sky. That require well over somewhere between 250 and 400 billion kids just for the Milky Way alone, let alone other galaxies. I think current estimates are at 108 billion humans ever existing with many coming before the time of Abraham.

These people did not have the benefit of a scientific education or public schooling.

And the Bible also tells us that one day the stars will fall to Earth. They won't. That is just another example of a Bible mistake.

That is what some people seem to think, but considering in the same verse there is "the Lamb" mentioned, meaning one, it is reasonable to also take the 144,000 as a literal number...remember, these are the ones ruling with Christ, over their human subjects on the earth...an un-numbered group...the "great crowd"...

And the Bible also tells us that one day the stars will fall to Earth. They won't. That is just another example of a Bible mistake.

"Stars" are used many times in the figurative sense and in metaphors or similes to represent persons in the Bible...for example, in Joseph’s dream, his parents were represented by the sun and moon, and his 11 brothers by 11 stars...Genesis 37:9, 10...

Job 38:7 refers to the angels as “the morning stars” that joyfully cried out at earth’s founding...

The resurrected Jesus spoke of himself as “the bright morning star” and promised to give “the morning star” to his conquering followers, evidently indicating a sharing with him in his heavenly position and glory...Revelation 22:16; 2:26, 28...

“The angel of the abyss” called Abaddon is also represented by a star.​..Revelation 9:1, 11...

The darkening of the stars, along with the sun and moon, is a frequently used in prophetic warnings of disaster brought as a result of God’s judgment...Isaiah 13:10; Ezekiel 32:7; Revelation 6:12, 13...

So, considering that and the fact that Revelation states Jesus Christ and his angels will defeat the nations of the earth, the stars could very well mean it is the kings of the earth who will fall...

That is what some people seem to think, but considering in the same verse there is "the Lamb" mentioned, meaning one, it is reasonable to also take the 144,000 as a literal number...remember, these are the ones ruling with Christ, over their human subjects on the earth...an un-numbered group...the "great crowd"...

Perhaps you can tell the class what these "rulers" are going to be ruling over. Details, please, what kinds of decisions will they be making?

And the word "****load" had not been invented yet.

Perhaps you can tell the class what these "rulers" are going to be ruling over. Details, please, what kinds of decisions will they be making?

Um, the answer is in the post you just quoted...:screwy

Um, the answer is in the post you just quoted...:screwy

No, it's not. You want to come here and pretend to be a preacher and you have no answers.

No, it's not. You want to come here and pretend to be a preacher and you have no answers.

Oh but I did give the answer, I guess it went right over your head...no surprise there...

Oh but I did give the answer, I guess it went right over your head...no surprise there...

No, you did what you always do, you cloak your answers in claims so vague even you dont know what they mean because you have never done any serious study, you just repeat what you are told. If you could answer my question your whole house of cards would fall, like most of your claims, because you have no foundation.

No, you did what you always do, you cloak your answers in claims so vague even you dont know what they mean because you have never done any serious study, you just repeat what you are told. If you could answer my question your whole house of cards would fall, like most of your claims, because you have no foundation.

lol...nice cover-up for your own lack of understanding...but no cigar...:2razz:

lol...nice cover-up for your own lack of understanding...but no cigar...:2razz:

More stalling...if you dont know, just say so, it's not my fault.

More stalling...if you dont know, just say so, it's not my fault.

Like I said, I've already answered, so I'll just leave you with Jesus' words to ponder over...

“Do not give what is holy to dogs nor throw your pearls before swine, so that they may never trample them under their feet and turn around and rip you open." Matthew 7:6

Like I said, I've already answered, so I'll just leave you with Jesus' words to ponder over...

“Do not give what is holy to dogs nor throw your pearls before swine, so that they may never trample them under their feet and turn around and rip you open." Matthew 7:6

Scripture abuse is what you do best. Here's another one for you:

"But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:"

Not only do you not have an answer, but you have no humility.

Scripture abuse is what you do best. Here's another one for you:

"But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:"

Not only do you not have an answer, but you have no humility.

from what i have read, you have no affiliation with this 'humility' you post about

from what i have read, you have no affiliation with this 'humility' you post about

I get that from insecure projectionists all the time.

Last edited:
Is this 144k evenly spread about the world or are Americans for some reason the main group despite being a tiny part of the global population?

Is this 144k evenly spread about the world or are Americans for some reason the main group despite being a tiny part of the global population?

What do you think, Peter, considering what Peter said?:2razz:

"At this Peter began to speak, and he said: “Now I truly understand that God is not partial, but in every nation the man who fears him and does what is right is acceptable to him." Acts 10:34

What do you think, Peter, considering what Peter said?:2razz:

"At this Peter began to speak, and he said: “Now I truly understand that God is not partial, but in every nation the man who fears him and does what is right is acceptable to him." Acts 10:34

It's just odd that the US is a new country and the 144K would obviously include people from the ages before the US even existed which is a whole lot. Statistically, Americans should have a very small chance of being included. That was all my point was.

Back
Top Bottom