• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Once nicknamed ‘Murderapolis,’ the city that became the center of the ‘Defund the Police’ movement is grappling with heightened violent crime - CNN

Metric Mouse

Your hi-top sneakers and your sailor tattoos.
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive

That year, the number of murders soared to nearly 80 — dwarfing the 2019 body count of 46. It has cooled somewhat this year, though the amount of killing — and violent crime in general — remains elevated far above 2019 levels and homicides are on pace to surpass the 2020 figure. The reasons why are far from clear.

KG Wilson, a longtime resident of the Twin Cities, said police withdrew from violent neighborhoods in the aftermath of Floyd’s killing — a common sentiment among locals.

While CNN tries to skew their reporting, they can't hide the fact that violent crime rates haven't reached the highs seen in the 90s, that crime is falling, and police payroll budgets have been slashed by over 40%, along with reduced over policing of black neighborhoods.

Literally defund the police is winning, even as racists try to fight it.

Cops won't work unless they can indiscriminately beat on black people?

Gun nuts have been crowing about the increase of guns in society. Did CNN mention that?

The system just needs an overhaul. This is 2022, and there are a lot of improvements in law enforcement we just don't apply. It's just time.

It's hard to police anything when the people you are trying to help are afraid of you, and they have some legitimate reasons to be.

The system just needs an overhaul. This is 2022, and there are a lot of improvements in law enforcement we just don't apply. It's just time.

It's hard to police anything when the people you are trying to help are afraid of you, and they have some legitimate reasons to be.
Riiight. the city that has been run by prog leftists since 1961 needs an overhaul...and thats why you need to elect more democrats......

Murder and violent crime rates in Minneapolis are skyrocketing...black people are dying...and the OP calls that 'winning'.

Well...that makes a lot of sense, actually.

Many people prefer to remember the Minneapolis of the "Mary Tyler Moore Show."

Things were so much nicer in downtown Minneapolis.

Riiight. the city that has been run by prog leftists since 1961 needs an overhaul...and thats why you need to elect more democrats......
It's really not partisan. It doesn't matter which city it is. Sorry to burst your hate bubble. :confused:

It's really not partisan. It doesn't matter which city it is. Sorry to burst your hate bubble. :confused:
It 'doesnt matter' which city it is to you because the major cities are all run by the rat politicians YOU put in power, EVERY aspect of those cities are controlled by democrats, and in every one of those cities the majority minority communities are ****ed over. Its ridiculous for you to say it 'doesnt matter'...what you really mean is you dont give a ****...about any of it...as long as the rats you support stay in power.

because after all...look at the bang-up ****ing job they have been doing. You 'people' are 'winning'.

Everywhere one of those woke jack offs gets elected as a DA has been pretty epically bad. Philly looks like they are finally getting sick of theirs.

Easy to say the system needs an overhaul. They tried sending in social workers and how did that work out?
I hope all the defund the police whiners don't ever call one, but they will and hypocrite themselves!

Cops won't work unless they can indiscriminately beat on black people?

Gun nuts have been crowing about the increase of guns in society. Did CNN mention that?
Yes, they did. Literally days ago.

Why the **** don't you know this?

Yes, they did. Literally days ago.

Why the **** don't you know this?
Representation does not fix the institutional violence inherent in policing. Representation doesnt really fix the system’s flaws it just gives it more credibility.

The police still are not obligated by any law to save you, they still have the blue wall of science, they still get only paid vacations when they improperly beat the hell out of someone or murder your dog, etc.
FD584A0F-A0E2-45B5-A1FB-F04016222FE4.jpeg

It' s way harder when they aren't. And that is much more the case.

It 'doesnt matter' which city it is to you because the major cities are all run by the rat politicians YOU put in power, EVERY aspect of those cities are controlled by democrats, and in every one of those cities the majority minority communities are ****ed over. Its ridiculous for you to say it 'doesnt matter'...what you really mean is you dont give a ****...about any of it...as long as the rats you support stay in power.

because after all...look at the bang-up ****ing job they have been doing. You 'people' are 'winning'.
liberals trying to address problems in these cities isn't a bad thing to me.

Why don't you worry about your own politicians, they're not doing such a bang-up job right now. How is it that Republican-run states have higher murder rates than Democratic ones?

Yeah, that's the reason you pick cities and it's skewed because cities consist of a big mixture of people, and they vote accordingly because liberals DO address their problems, while Republicans DO NOT.

But overall, they even out, in our cities and states because it's not that big of a difference. It definitely doesn't deserve your overt anger or hyper freak reaction.

As I said, it SHOULD NOT be a partisan issue, but if you feel like making it one, then so be it, it's free to be irate for no good reason in this country kind of thread.

Everywhere one of those woke jack offs gets elected as a DA has been pretty epically bad. Philly looks like they are finally getting sick of theirs.
They are free to elect who they think will address their concerns. Maybe Republicans should do a better job at reaching out to these inner-city civilians.
I wonder why they feel more confident in Democrats?

It's not the Democrat's fault that Republicans only identify with White American Men. It's Republicans. Why don't they work on that, then they can lead those cities into a wonderful paradise of absolutely no crime, no poor areas, no drugs, but all the gun ownership you could ever imagine. LMAO.

Why don't you worry about your own politicians, they're not doing such a bang-up job right now. How is it that Republican-run states have higher murder rates than Democratic ones?
California is a Republican-run state?

liberals trying to address problems in these cities isn't a bad thing to me.

Yeah, that's the reason you pick cities and it's skewed because cities consist of a big mixture of people, and they vote accordingly because liberals DO address their problems, while Republicans DO NOT.

But overall, they even out, in our cities and states because it's not that big of a difference. It definitely doesn't deserve your overt anger or hyper freak reaction.

As I said, it SHOULD NOT be a partisan issue, but if you feel like making it one, then so be it, it's free to be irate for no good reason in this country kind of thread.
But they aren't addressing the [problems THEY CAUSED...they are making them worse.

****ing hilarious. You 'people' campaign on the violence and bloodshed in the cities YOU built...elect MORE of the same...then cry when the facts are pointed out that THAT ismaking it a 'partisan' issue.

It IS a partisan issue...completely...ONE SIDED...yours. You ****ed this thing up and you keep putting the people in power that ensure it will stay ****ed up.

And you call that winning.

It' s way harder when they aren't. And that is much more the case.
Psychologically speaking, the scared dog is the one that bites.

California is a Republican-run state?
Think outside the box, and instead of picking a slice, try the whole pie. You'll get some context and more of a perspective.

While CNN tries to skew their reporting, they can't hide the fact that violent crime rates haven't reached the highs seen in the 90s, that crime is falling, and police payroll budgets have been slashed by over 40%, along with reduced over policing of black neighborhoods.

Literally defund the police is winning, even as racists try to fight it.

Minneapolis, MN: 96 homicides in a city of 430,000, for a murder rate of 22.3 homicides/100k.
New York, NY: 485 homicides in a city of 8.8 million, for a murder rate of 5.51 homicides/100k.

Why did you single out Minneapolis? Why not talk about how much safer New York is?

But they aren't addressing the [problems THEY CAUSED...they are making them worse.

****ing hilarious. You 'people' campaign on the violence and bloodshed in the cities YOU built...elect MORE of the same...then cry when the facts are pointed out that THAT ismaking it a 'partisan' issue.

It IS a partisan issue...completely...ONE SIDED...yours. You ****ed this thing up and you keep putting the people in power that ensure it will stay ****ed up.

And you call that winning.
Anyone who uses, "YOU PEOPLE" is difficult to debate. This is all your angry opinion, which you're free to have but replying to it is difficult because there's nothing of substance here. I called nothing "winning." There are different policies among liberals, they aren't all one big ideology.

You act like Republican mayors don't deal with crime-ridden areas, but they do and they fail as well. There is nothing realistic about this post.

I gave my opinion, you don't have to like it. If you disagree, then you'll need to give me something other than an angry MAGA spew.

Good luck! I'm sure you'll find a taker for this hate at some point but it's not going to be me.

Anyone who uses, "YOU PEOPLE" is difficult to debate. This is all your angry opinion, which you're free to have but replying to it is difficult because there's nothing of substance here. I called nothing "winning." There are different policies among liberals, they aren't all one big ideology.

You act like Republican mayors don't deal with crime-ridden areas, but they do and they fail as well. There is nothing realistic about this post.

I gave my opinion, you don't have to like it. If you disagree, then you'll need to give me something other than an angry MAGA spew.

Good luck! I'm sure you'll find a taker for this hate at some point but it's not going to be me.
This whole thread was nothing but a ridiculous and totally inaccurate pro leftist fluff piece. The premise is ****ing stupid. The results from the leftists are obvious. I'm pointing that out. You want to continue to ignore the facts and blindly support the party that has caused the devastation and violence in the black community along with the OP while you take a victory lap through the blood and devastation you have caused....be my guest...but dont pretend you arent responsible for the damage you caused, You do and will continue to keep the people in power that ****ed everything up tin the first place.

• In 2020, per capita murder rates were 40% higher in states won by Donald Trump than those won by Joe Biden.
  • 8 of the 10 states with the highest murder rates in 2020 voted for the Republican presidential nominee in every election this century
The chart below shows the top 10 murder rate states in 2020.
1664485918944.png

Back
Top Bottom