• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

On the Ballot - Bring the Troops Home (1 Viewer)

danarhea

Slayer of the DP Newsbot
DP Veteran
Joined
Aug 27, 2005
Messages
43,602
Reaction score
26,256
Location
Houston, TX
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Conservative
The Massachusetts Attorney General has just certified a measure that would bar the state's National Guard units from being deployed to Iraq, and would recall all those who are now deployed. This opens the way for petition for it to be put on the ballot. This will easily happen, and in November, 2006, the people of Massachusetts will call their troops home.

It is likely that other states, not wanting the burden of war shared unevenly by the states, will put forth similar measures.

This is just the beginning. Time for We the People to take our country back. It wont be long now before that is accomplished.

Article is here.
 
That would be the states descision, and I would support it.
But, I think the Feds should limit funding on them like they do other issues - less highway funds, less education funds, etc. They would quickly get back into the picture.

It should be no different when they want all states to comply.
 
Wow. Do the states retain that sort of power? Or is it another symbolic thing?

I have a friend who is a marine back from Iraq about 60 days who was said today that they should bring home the guys from Iraq just for the Katrina affair. I asked him about why and he said it was a matter of priorities.
 
Why doesn't Mass just secede from the union..........They have about as much chance of doing that as bringing their troops home........Last time I looked this is the United States of America.........

This is nonsense........
 
danarhea said:
The Massachusetts Attorney General has just certified a measure that would bar the state's National Guard units from being deployed to Iraq, and would recall all those who are now deployed. This opens the way for petition for it to be put on the ballot. This will easily happen, and in November, 2006, the people of Massachusetts will call their troops home.

It is likely that other states, not wanting the burden of war shared unevenly by the states, will put forth similar measures.

This is just the beginning. Time for We the People to take our country back. It wont be long now before that is accomplished.

http://www.traprockpeace.org/bring_mass_guard_home_now.html

And all federal funding should then be cut if the succeed, which they want.
 
Navy Pride said:
Why doesn't Mass just secede from the union..........They have about as much chance of doing that as bringing their troops home........Last time I looked this is the United States of America.........

This is nonsense........

I would say if they are denied the opportunity to lawfully bring their troops home as the law states, then they would have every right to secede from the union.... and should bring their troops home to defend its borders... that was the original purpose of the separate states, and the right to bear arms...
 
phasetim said:
I would say if they are denied the opportunity to lawfully bring their troops home as the law states, then they would have every right to secede from the union.... and should bring their troops home to defend its borders... that was the original purpose of the separate states, and the right to bear arms...

Not in a million years will that happen........Mass. like every state is to busy eating off the federal government.........Oh and what border foes Mass. have to defend?:confused:
 
Another short-sighted extremist wants to pull out of Iraq and leave our grandchildren to deal with whatever dictator kills his way into power. I hope it's just symbology, and they don't actually go through with this...
 
danarhea said:
The Massachusetts Attorney General has just certified a measure that would bar the state's National Guard units from being deployed to Iraq, and would recall all those who are now deployed. This opens the way for petition for it to be put on the ballot. This will easily happen, and in November, 2006, the people of Massachusetts will call their troops home.

It is likely that other states, not wanting the burden of war shared unevenly by the states, will put forth similar measures.

This is just the beginning. Time for We the People to take our country back. It wont be long now before that is accomplished.

Article is here.

This all depends on whether or not there is Constitutional or Federal laws that say the President can indeed utilize a state's national Guard with the approval of Congress...which has a few members from Massachusetts, I assume...
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom