• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Oil Production and Oil Pricing is a National Security Concern

If the government just stays out of energy markets investment will go where it makes the most sense. As things stand investment in oil and gas is heavily discouraged by government in many areas and renewables are encouraged. Hence in recent years capital has flowed more to renewables than it would have under market forces. This, among other things, leads to gasoline prices being higher than they otherwise would be. I don’t consider this the crisis some seem to think it is, but its an inevitable effect of anti-oil and gas policies and reduced investment therein.
you need to read more....

you need to read more....
Yeah, I have spent my entire career as an energy investment professional. So reading isn’t a bad thing but it helps if you actually do it every day.

I’d say it’s not so much a matter of the quantity of reading it’s the quality.

For example, someone could read your posts or the dreck you must read and be less informed than when they started.

Yeah, I have spent my entire career as an energy investment professional. So reading isn’t a bad thing but it helps if you actually do it every day.

I’d say it’s not so much a matter of the quantity of reading it’s the quality.

For example, someone could read your posts or the dreck you must read and be less informed than when they started.
People who want "good information" will read, they will cross reference and they will research the principle factors to gain better expansive understanding of the commodity (OIL), the Geo Political factors that impact it, The industry factors both direct and collateral which influence performance, and other factors that are relevant all the way down to the price at the pump.

(Information gathering takes "work"; its a work that many people simply don't have the mindset to invest in doing that work.)
You are correct, reading must be an ongoing self invested act if people care to be principally informed.
  • Most general public, go on "Headline Drama", and "Talking Head's Media Drama Spinners".

People who want "good information" will read, they will cross reference and they will research the principle factors to gain better expansive understanding of the commodity (OIL), the Geo Political factors that impact it, The industry factors both direct and collateral which influence performance, and other factors that are relevant all the way down to the price at the pump.

(Information gathering takes "work"; its a work that many people simply don't have the mindset to invest in doing that work.)
You are correct, reading must be an ongoing self invested act if people care to be principally informed.
  • Most general public, go on "Headline Drama", and "Talking Head's Media Drama Spinners".
I think I already mentioned that I do energy investing for a living. My income depends on understanding these issues and communicating about them.

My guess is I have access to far more reliable reading material than you. And more ability to determine who knows what they are talking about than you do. You are doing a pretty good job of proving me correct iin the way you respond to me.

You seem highly prone to blathering about things like "Talking Head's Media Drama Spinners”. People in an industry don’t tend to pay much attention to news channel reporters, Democrat Congressmen, randoms on the internet, and other assorted clueless idiots. No one who knows these issues pays attention to them except to mock how stupid they are.

Maybe someday you’ll get a job and see how it feels when idiots on the internet try to lecture you about something you actually understand.

I think I already mentioned that I do energy investing for a living. My income depends on understanding these issues and communicating about them.

My guess is I have access to far more reliable reading material than you. And more ability to determine who knows what they are talking about than you do. You are doing a pretty good job of proving me correct iin the way you respond to me.

You seem highly prone to blathering about things like "Talking Head's Media Drama Spinners”. People in an industry don’t tend to pay much attention to news channel reporters, Democrat Congressmen, randoms on the internet, and other assorted clueless idiots. No one who knows these issues pays attention to them except to mock how stupid they are.

Maybe someday you’ll get a job and see how it feels when idiots on the internet try to lecture you about something you actually understand.
If you have something relative to say about Oil and Pricing ... say it...

Oil Production and Oil Pricing is a National Security Concern

I say Congress should crack down on Oil Companies...Everyone with a principled and logical mind, know the Oil Companies are price fixing, by many means, including not drilling on the land leases they have, to keep the supply low so they can fix the pricing.

Oil Companies push some 'BULLSHIT" claiming they have to protect "Investor Profits". Fact is, we better rethink that. Because, Investors should know Investing was never designed for Making a Kings Ranson, based on a stock ticker trying to break a record every day.
  • Investing is about "the stability of a company, or Industry, and the long term performance that yeilds gains over time". It never should have become a "get rich quick game"!

I think "Oil" is a National Security Commodity, and it is based on "Natural Resources".
  • These Companies should fall under a NATIONAL Legislated Policy, that regulates "Production" and "Pricing". NOT... based on "greedy investors".
  • "We need better structured regulations' where Oil companies "cannot", strangle the Nation and its Citizens, for the sake of "windfall profit gouging'.

American tax payers have given Oil Companies $Trillion of Dollars of many decades. That is money from the people of this nation, which there should have been Legislated Price Controls, decades ago!!!
The same principle applies to "Prescription Medications' where $Trillions of U.S. Taxpayer money has gone into the Research and Development of Drugs, there should have been Legislated Price Controls, decades ago.

Hopefully, this debacle... pushes and force Congress to enact Legislation that respect nation and persons, and the national security of this nation. And stop pandering to the "get rich schemes of core industries that are at the heart of National Security".
All Biden needs to do is make oil production in the US as easy and unrestricted as possible. He will not do so because of the democrats ill conceived Green New Deal stance.

All Biden needs to do is make oil production in the US as easy and unrestricted as possible. He will not do so because of the democrats ill conceived Green New Deal stance.
do you know anything about "American Government' ? APPARANTLY NOT...
  • If you did you'd know NOTHING in America is without Regulatory Governance.

It's evident you don't know a thing about "The Green New Deal", "Environment Matters" of Interest and Concerns About The Future... all you can think is "gouge anything and everything for today"... you just talk to be talking.

Richard Nixon, created the Environmental Protections Agency, and when he did it, he did it with the intent that it would advance Regulatory Management of Environmental Interest and Concerns.

If you have something relative to say about Oil and Pricing ... say it...
What do you want to know?

Generally, less oil production means higher price.

Generally, the Democrats push policies that result in less oil production.

Back
Top Bottom