• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Oh Flori-duh!

DeSantis is nothing more than Trump's puppy dog. He's just doing what Trump has wanted all along. They will both lose their next elections.
good for him. the lockdowns have not worked.
people need to take proper precautions and just watch.

there is little else short of a cure that will solve this virus.

The problem is that Trump supporters have a bad attitude when it comes to proper precautions. They won't wear masks, or stay away from crowds.

Did any nation (other than China, the people who put this virus on us) have any plan to handle this pandemic? Britain, France, Germany, or others?

The silliness of your comment is typical coming from the left.
No, not at first. But they devolved one and have done better than us by leaps and bounds. You do realize that almost 1000 people a day are still dying here and we have leveled off at about 40,000 cases a day. Do you thing we're doing well? Only by Trump and Kushner standards.

Also keep in mind that testing has slowed way down, just as the con man has asked. So the case numbers are well below what they should be.

The sad part is they won't stay in Florida it will travel. And with Florida open all the way many with cabin fever will spread it even more.

Yep. It pisses me off. Each maskless moron brings it closer to my family.

If by “you guys” you mean people not moved by empty hyperbole from either party, yeah, I’m one of “you guys”.

As for the safest manner of reopening businesses goes, DeSantis should follow the protocols prescribed by actual medical/scientific
experts, like he did the last time infections spiked in FL.

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis Issues Stay-at-Home Order
DeSantis had for weeks resisted calls to issue a stay-at-home order, instead leaving social distancing rules up to localities.

According to the latest data from state health officials, there have been 6,955 confirmed coronavirus cases in the state and 87 deaths. The number of new cases reported each day has ballooned in the last week.

Before DeSantis' announcement Wednesday, Florida was the only state with more than 5,000 coronavirus cases that had not issued such a directive.

Of course you do, because you prefer others to do your thinking for you.

That's just it, he could follow exactly what the medical powers that be suggest and then it would be he waited too long, or he didn't wait long enough. It's so political it's laughable.

However, I'll just call it as my bad, I hadn't realized you were one of the enlightened who call themselves independent. I'll keep waiting for your opinion on acceptable percentage. Take your time though, it'll give me an opportunity to see what new ideas I can pull from others.

That's just it, he could follow exactly what the medical powers that be suggest and then it would be he waited too long, or he didn't wait long enough. It's so political it's laughable.

However, I'll just call it as my bad, I hadn't realized you were one of the enlightened who call themselves independent. I'll keep waiting for your opinion on acceptable percentage. Take your time though, it'll give me an opportunity to see what new ideas I can pull from others.
The article I attached demonstrated how DeSantis following the actual experts advice saved lives and reduced the infection rate.

I don’t claim any “enlightened” position. Just a willingness to put in the little effort required to cut through the attempted (both parties) politicization of a nationwide emergency.

And as for your percentage question, you’ll be waiting forever. Aside from the common sense measures of washing hands, safe distancing, and wearing masks, there is no one size fits all plan for every location/community. That’s not me saying so, it’s what the experts have been saying all along.

Zero national plan, no stockpile and Kushner failed after being tasked yet again by his father in-law. Testing and contact tracing still lag.
facts say otherwise.

Another Trumpster vote for killing a million or more Americans, and further driving America into debt to attain “herd immunity”.
so you have no argument either got it.
hyperbolic nonsense dismissed.

If by “you guys” you mean people not moved by empty hyperbole from either party, yeah, I’m one of “you guys”.

As for the safest manner of reopening businesses goes, DeSantis should follow the protocols prescribed by actual medical/scientific
experts, like he did the last time infections spiked in FL.

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis Issues Stay-at-Home Order
DeSantis had for weeks resisted calls to issue a stay-at-home order, instead leaving social distancing rules up to localities.

According to the latest data from state health officials, there have been 6,955 confirmed coronavirus cases in the state and 87 deaths. The number of new cases reported each day has ballooned in the last week.

Before DeSantis' announcement Wednesday, Florida was the only state with more than 5,000 coronavirus cases that had not issued such a directive.

Of course you do, because you prefer others to do your thinking for you.
thar is all you have is empty hyperbole which is why we are not moved.

Every single developed country in the world has done better than us- both in terms of public health control of the disease and economically. How did they do it?
They didn't make mask wearing a political thing.

The article I attached demonstrated how DeSantis following the actual experts advice saved lives and reduced the infection rate.

I don’t claim any “enlightened” position. Just a willingness to put in the little effort required to cut through the attempted (both parties) politicization of a nationwide emergency.

And as for your percentage question, you’ll be waiting forever. Aside from the common sense measures of washing hands, safe distancing, and wearing masks, there is no one size fits all plan for every location/community. That’s not me saying so, it’s what the experts have been saying all along.

I realize I'll never get anyone to admit an acceptable percentage. This is here to stay. At some point we will settle into an acceptable percentage as we have will all other viruses. That of course will be determined politically I'm afraid, not medically.

We do agree on one thing it seems, this whole event has been politicized to the hilt.

Cool delusional rant.

Extra points for 0% truth.(y)
Simply amazing how completely brainwashed some trump supporters are, makes one wonder if they are just repeating the nonsense that comes out of the WH or if they really are that stupid.

stick a rag in it! by the way do you get SS and medicare I hope you don't depend on it, if Biden wins that condo and house will become multi-generational how many families can live in it. I hope you don't hunt either you can kiss your guns good by
You'll be happy to know the condo isn't mine and no, I do not hunt or own a firearm.

Simply amazing how completely brainwashed some trump supporters are, makes one wonder if they are just repeating the nonsense that comes out of the WH or if they really are that stupid.
Both.

I realize I'll never get anyone to admit an acceptable percentage. This is here to stay. At some point we will settle into an acceptable percentage as we have will all other viruses. That of course will be determined politically I'm afraid, not medically.

We do agree on one thing it seems, this whole event has been politicized to the hilt.
There’s nothing to “admit”, and there is no other universal acceptable percentage with other viruses.

You’re no better than everyone else who’s playing political games with the pandemic. Shameful and disgusting.

Since you bring up a question no will answer, would you like to take a shot at how many Deaths are acceptable so that, people can pack into movie theaters' and bars?
It isn't 100,000 Deaths, already did that one, 200,000 Deaths, nope passed that by already, how about 300,000 we should hit that by the end of the year, maybe 500,000 or how about a Million, how many Deaths are acceptable?

I understand people's reactions but what level of cases is acceptable for reopening Florida? Are people wanting establishments to remain closed until things are at 0%?

Well, the answer perhaps is contingent upon whose advice you follow. According to a consensus in the medical and scientific community, the positivity rate needs to be below 5% before a complete reopening. Unfortunately, DeSantis isn’t alone in his conduct of ignoring this benchmark.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since you bring up a question no will answer, would you like to take a shot at how many Deaths are acceptable so that, people can pack into movie theaters' and bars?
It isn't 100,000 Deaths, already did that one, 200,000 Deaths, nope passed that by already, how about 300,000 we should hit that by the end of the year, maybe 500,000 or how about a Million, how many Deaths are acceptable?
Artymoon has already outed himself as an unthinking minion. No reason to further engage.

Florida has done a stellar job with the pandemic. Compare the results to, say, New York which has a similar population.

Why are you picking nits?

Yeah, nice deflection. So, saying the state isn’t as bad as New York isn’t an indication your state has done a “steal lad job.” The reasoning of the state of Florida doesn’t suck as bad as New York doesn’t mean Florida is not still doing quite a sucky job itself.

The numbers for Florida are the measurements.
Florida’s numbers of over 14,000 dead, and over 600,000 positives, isn’t a manifesto to the rest of the country to follow Florida’s lead, they’ve done a swimmingly good job.

good for him. the lockdowns have not worked.
people need to take proper precautions and just watch.

there is little else short of a cure that will solve this virus.

They have worked. The number of positive cases has declined, deaths have declined, both attributable to the lockdowns and masks.

common sense says lock downs were a failure.
people need to work and pay bills businesses need people to stay open.

government doesn't create prosperity.

yep and then elderly people need to take the proper precautions.

Common sense says they were effective. Their efficacy demonstrated by declining positives, declining positivity rate, and declining deaths. The shutdowns combined with masks has produced the lower numbers.

Back
Top Bottom