• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Obstruction of Mail Delivery can draw afine under this title or imprisoned not more than six months,

Razoo

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
18 U.S. Code § 1701. Obstruction of mails generally
U.S. Code
Notes

Whoever knowingly and willfully obstructs or retWards the passage of the mail, or any carrier or conveyance carrying the mail, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than six months, or both.

(June 25, 1948, ch. 645, 62 Stat. 778; Pub. L. 103–322, title XXXIII, § 330016(1)(B), Sept. 13, 1994, 108 Stat. 2146.)

I'll bite, I am curious.

And?

I'll bite, I am curious.

And?

I imagine it has something to do with Trump intentionally trying to slow mail and degrade the USPS's ability to function. He's doing it intentionally to help his election chances and has admitted as such.

Sure, it's a crime, but we've already established the president can't be prosecuted for a crime and if the Republicans in the senate aren't willing to hold him accountable for any crimes then he is literally above the law

So was Obama fined for removing 12,000 postal mailboxes during his administration?

So was Obama fined for removing 12,000 postal mailboxes during his administration?

What evidence do you have of being fined and why were the boxes removed? Any more than before, and if so why?

I imagine it has something to do with Trump intentionally trying to slow mail and degrade the USPS's ability to function. He's doing it intentionally to help his election chances and has admitted as such.

Sure, it's a crime, but we've already established the president can't be prosecuted for a crime and if the Republicans in the senate aren't willing to hold him accountable for any crimes then he is literally above the law

I've been out of the news loop for a week. What has Trump done to intentionally try to slow mail and degrade the USPS's ability to function?

I've been out of the news loop for a week. What has Trump done to intentionally try to slow mail and degrade the USPS's ability to function?

He went 'postal.'

Trump is filling mailboxes with concrete.

Okay. I made that up to go along with the usual inane panic fostered by the left.

They need something to talk about besides their addled candidate and his running mate. She does the sexual congress bit for things like BMW's.

What evidence do you have of being fined and why were the boxes removed? Any more than before, and if so why?

Read the O/P and follow along... I asked a question while using the context given in the first post.

Obama removed 12,000 mailboxes for the same reasons the Trump administration has removed them. Efficiency and saving money for the USPS.

During the Obama administration...
As part of its efforts to keep its collection infrastructure proportionate to customers’ needs at a reasonable cost, the Postal Service has eliminated underused collection boxes that on average receive fewer than 25 pieces a day; it has also added collection boxes where they are convenient for customers.

Disappearing Collection Boxes | USPS Office of Inspector General
Where Have All the Collection Boxes Gone? | USPS Office of Inspector General

The Trump admin. does the same as the Obama admin. and he is accused of trying to sabotage the election.

It's all trumped up :bs, just another of their phony outrages as the anti-Trumps pretend that Trump is trying to rig the election.

Yes, but Louis DeJoy can be prosecuted. And if a conspiracy can be proven, Trump will be in due time.

He installed Louis DeJoy 6 months before an election. All you have to do is watch the reporting. You can answer your own question. Take off the Trump Cult blinders.

And check out the huge conflicts of interest that DeJoy has. Very swampy.

Last edited:
Read the O/P and follow along... I asked a question while using the context given in the first post.

Obama removed 12,000 mailboxes for the same reasons the Trump administration has removed them. Efficiency and saving money for the USPS.

As part of its efforts to keep its collection infrastructure proportionate to customers’ needs at a reasonable cost, the Postal Service has eliminated underused collection boxes that on average receive fewer than 25 pieces a day; it has also added collection boxes where they are convenient for customers.

The Trump admin. does the same as the Obama admin. and he is accused of trying to sabotage the election.

It's all trumped up :bs, just another of their phony outrages as the anti-Trumps pretend that Trump is trying to rig the election.

Then if all what you say is true, why has the postmaster general reversed his policies until after the election? If it wasn't suspicious, why reverse course?

18 U.S. Code § 1701. Obstruction of mails generally
U.S. Code
Notes

Whoever knowingly and willfully obstructs or retWards the passage of the mail, or any carrier or conveyance carrying the mail, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than six months, or both.

(June 25, 1948, ch. 645, 62 Stat. 778; Pub. L. 103–322, title XXXIII, § 330016(1)(B), Sept. 13, 1994, 108 Stat. 2146.)

*yawn*
another pointless thread from our pointless leftist crowd *yawn*.

You're not worth explaining things to because it literally doesn't matter what he did, you don't care. Trump could diddle kids and you'd defend it.

He installed Louis DeJoy 6 months before an election. All you have to do is watch the reporting. You can answer your own question. Take off the Trump Cult blinders.

And check out the huge conflicts of interest that DeJoy has. Very swampy.

How does installing Louis DeJoy affect USPS's ability to function or show the mail. And, do you really think Trump installed that guy to make those things happen? If so, give me your reasoning for believing that.

You're not worth explaining things to because it literally doesn't matter what he did, you don't care. Trump could diddle kids and you'd defend it.

I'm always interested when someone is accused of committing a crime. That's why I asked for the purported actions. You know...evidence that supports the accusation.

But hey...if you aren't interested in...or are incapable of...presenting such evidence, no problem. Just say so and we'll move on.

How does installing Louis DeJoy affect USPS's ability to function or show the mail. And, do you really think Trump installed that guy to make those things happen? If so, give me your reasoning for believing that.

Watch C-Span Friday and Monday. You'll get all the answers you want, if you actually want answers. And happening today, the law suits against the postal leadership begin.

Watch C-Span Friday and Monday. You'll get all the answers you want, if you actually want answers. And happening today, the law suits against the postal leadership begin.

So...you don't actually have any answers to my questions.

Okay.

Okay folks. Disregard my previous questions. I found out what all the hub bub is about.

It's another baseless, coordinated Dem/Media attack on Trump.

It does not make good sense to continue removing mail boxes as has been ongoing for decades, even if due to underuse, in the midst of a pandemic when voting by mail will far exceed all time high volume. Nor does it make sense to remove sorting machines that will most likely be needed to handle sudden high volumes of mail-in ballots. Nor cutting overtime or any other change that affects the ability of the postal dept to handle volume quickly during the time of handling mail ballots. And, of course, there is no evidence of any admin ever being fined for removal of mail boxes. However, the postal dept is not releasing any figures on how many mail boxes have been removed during the Trump admin, unlike like how many removed during the Obama admin and before.

Back
Top Bottom