• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Obama to demand more from Europe in Berlin speech

ReverendHellh0und

I don't respect you.
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
Obama to demand more from Europe in Berlin speech - swissinfo

BERLIN (Reuters) - U.S. presidential candidate Barack Obama is expected to call on Europe to do more in hotspots like Afghanistan when he speaks in Berlin on Thursday in his only formal address of a week-long foreign tour.

Obama held talks with Chancellor Angela Merkel on issues ranging from the global economy, to Iran and Middle East peace after arriving in the German capital from Israel on a trip he hopes will burnish his foreign policy credentials and boost his election chances against Republican challenger John

And here is Obama already pretending to be president at a campaign stop using my tax dollars.

Pathetic.

BTW did anyone else notice the Jimmy carter cabinet members with Obama's campaign in the ME. :shock:

Wait, is this thread about bush or is this yet another deflection from actually discussing any critisism of the new king? :roll:

I'm more interested in the fact that the EU is receiving him like the next President. It somewhat indicates what other parts of the world are hoping for.

I'm more interested in the fact that the EU is receiving him like the next President. It somewhat indicates what other parts of the world are hoping for.

Oh indeed. The fact that there may be a million there is shocking and should be a clue to Americans this is the wrong man for the job.

Although this set up of the Obama is an interesting thing. Almost like watching a train wreck and adding a semi to the tracks.

When this man becomes the next carter, it's going to be fun. :shock:

Oh indeed. The fact that there may be a million there is shocking and should be a clue to Americans this is the wrong man for the job.

Although this set up of the Obama is an interesting thing. Almost like watching a train wreck and adding a semi to the tracks.

When this man becomes the next carter, it's going to be fun. :shock:

The fact that the man might be able to repair the damage that Bush has done to our relationships with our allies around the world....this is what makes him the wrong man for the job?

Who do you consider to be the right man for the job?

Last edited:
The fact that the man might be able to repair the damage that Bush has down to our relationships with our allies around the world....this is what makes him the wrong man for the job?

How will he do this?

Who do you consider to be the right man for the job?

Right now? No one yet.

But not McCain and not Obama.

How will he do this?

Right now? No one yet.

But not McCain and not Obama.

By showing that were are rejecting the "isolationist" policies of Bush....meaning alienating our allies and choosing to "go it alone" rather than appeal to our common interests.
Obama's speech will show that he is interested in our allies in Europe and that he wants to begin to work with them again and begin to repair the damage of the last 8 years.

So again....who do you think is the right man for the job. Its one thing to constantly criticize.....why not offer an alternative?
By the consistent tone of your posts....its pretty obvious that although you don't claim to be a McCain supporter, you obviously are.

Last edited:
By showing that were are rejecting the "isolationist" policies of Bush....meaning alienating our allies and choosing to "go it alone" rather than appeal to our common interests.

Right like this "Common interest"?

Friends of Saddam

:roll:

Obama's speech will show that he is interested in our allies in Europe and that he wants to begin to work with them again and begin to repair the damage of the last 8 years.

So this is a campaign speach then?

So again....who do you think is the right man for the job. Its one thing to constantly criticize.....why not offer an alternative?

I have explained numerous times. I have not seen one yet. As soon as I do though I'll let you know. :roll:

By the consistent tone of your posts....its pretty obvious that although you don't claim to be a McCain supporter, you obviously are

By that logic since I have not seen you in this thread denounce NAMBLA may I assume you to be a NAMBLA supporter?

just duh my friend.

The fact that 29 of your last 50 threads started are anti-Obama....and lets see....how many of your last 50 threads started are about McCain....um......Zero.

Hmmmmmm......you can claim that you are not a McCain Supporter...but the facts tell otherwise.

That's why these threads have to be taken with a grain of salt....you have to look at the underlying theme.

Germany is the EU all of a sudden?

By that logic since I have not seen you in this thread denounce NAMBLA may I assume you to be a NAMBLA supporter?

just duh my friend.

If I had a record on here of fighting for Nambla or against those that oppose them....you might have a point. Otherwise bad example.

If I had a record on here of fighting for Nambla or against those that support them....you might have a point. Otherwise bad example.

Where is my record for fighting for McCain or those that support him.

The example is apropo.

The fact that 29 of your last 50 threads started are anti-Obama....and lets see....how many of your last 50 threads started are about McCain....um......Zero.

Hmmmmmm......you can claim that you are not a McCain Supporter...but the facts tell otherwise.

That's why these threads have to be taken with a grain of salt....you have to look at the underlying theme.

I just noticed PeteE/U thanked you.

funny how you don't go after his non-stop McCain threads.

Hypocrites much? :roll:

Now either debate the topic or go away.

Oh so a couple a week is Non-Stop, compared to the slew of anti Obama threads you post.. no wait, must not discuss this, as we might get warned over mentioning the wrong candidates name in a US presidential thread.

The difference is, he doesn't deny that he is pro-Obama. I have no problem with people supporting McCain.....but at least be honest about it.
When you claim to not be a supporter....and your posts tell a completely different story....its very telling.
And....I think this IS debating the topic....because you have to understand the context of the underlying post in order to honestly and openly debate the issue.

When you either...(1) admit that your constant anti-Obama posts are due to your support of McCain....or (2) post a single thread critical of McCain....maybe I'll believe youl

The difference is, he doesn't deny that he is pro-Obama. I have no problem with people supporting McCain.....but at least be honest about it.
When you claim to not be a supporter....and your posts tell a completely different story....its very telling.
And....I think this IS debating the topic....because you have to understand the context of the underlying post in order to honestly and openly debate the issue.

When you either...(1) admit that your constant anti-Obama posts are due to your support of McCain....or (2) post a single thread critical of McCain....maybe I'll believe youl

http://www.debatepolitics.com/us-elections/33811-mccain-sucks.html#post1057677966

Now will you finally give it a rest?

Not exactly. The media and the youth of Europe are greeting him that way. The voters in Germany and France elected pro American governments.

You can interview, flash news clips/soundbites and poll all you want, it's the actual votes that count.

This liberal nonsense of how we've "alienated" the rest of the world is just that, nonsense.

We had a coalition of 39 other countries from around the world involved with us in Iraq.

Even our enemies want to do/do business with us. We elect our officials to make the tough decisions, not win a popularity contest.

Iraq Obama - Complete withdrawal / Invade Pakistan

Back
Top Bottom