• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Obama prepared to name gay bar a national monument [W:89]

You seem to be missing the point, almost intentionally.

People being gay isn't a big deal now, in large part because of the sacrifices made during the gay rights movement. A movement spearheaded at the Stonewall Inn.

It never has been a big deal to me. Why should I care? Do you have a problem with that?

It never has been a big deal to me. Why should I care? Do you have a problem with that?

Well, good for you. For a long time in this country, discrimination against gay people was (and in some places still is) perfectly legal. Do you have a problem with that?

This is what obama means by transforming America.

Taking a small minority group and enabling them to bully the majority, with their perversion! Un****ingbelievable!
if the majority is being bullied by a small minority the minority is either made up of gods or the majority can't be bothered enough to care and those that feel bullied are truly in a small minority.

I think it's the latter. If people cared they wouldn't be bullied.

if the majority is being bullied by a small minority the minority is either made up of gods or the majority can't be bothered enough to care and those that feel bullied are truly in a small minority.

I think it's the latter. If people cared they wouldn't be bullied.

The minority can bully the majority if the majority is not active in combating it.

Yeah that's called disinterest. They aren't actively combating it because they don't care.

The cause for their inaction actually depends.

No they aren't oppressed, but they are constantly bombarded with a perversion that some would like to push is normal...it ain't! I don't give a **** what the psychobabble folks say in the DMSIV, it's a mental illness. Most of them are uber-liberal gays, themselves.

Just another way to assert them as normal......that's a form of bullying in iteself. If some dumbass kid in school can cyberbully, obama can do the same thing by doing this crap!

By shoving your perverted agenda down our throats on a variety of avenues, as normal. Pun intended.

Not at all, I'd whack it off first with my K-Bar! And you can take that to the bank!

As a gay man, I can honestly say, I do not give a rats ass what you think, you are obviously a homophobe. so much so that I am inclined to believe you are either 16 with no life experience, or your so far in the closet, you have deep seated aggression. Fancy some fruit and veg do ya? Thats my guess. Let me know when your ready to come out, you will feel much better.

President Barack Obama is preparing to designate the Stonewall Inn in New York the first national monument dedicated to gay rights.

That’s according to two individuals familiar with the Obama administration’s plans. The individuals weren’t authorized to discuss the plans publicly and requested anonymity.

The tavern in Greenwich Village was the site of a 1969 uprising widely viewed as the start of the gay rights movement. Proposals being considered would cover a small park on the street where the bar is located and the surrounding area.

GOPUSA ? Obama prepared to name gay bar a national monument

Good
This is nothign new, there are many national monuments and parks etc etc dedicated to the times where equal rights triumphed over bigotry and tyranny so celebrating this victory the the ones before it isn't a shock.

Same here, the seething anger in his posts is not healthy (or logical) and needs to be called out.

Mickey has disappeared, perhaps he is on Grinder, I shall have a look lol

The OP has a right to his opinion, no matter how juvenile it may be.

Last edited:
President Barack Obama is preparing to designate the Stonewall Inn in New York the first national monument dedicated to gay rights.

That’s according to two individuals familiar with the Obama administration’s plans. The individuals weren’t authorized to discuss the plans publicly and requested anonymity.

The tavern in Greenwich Village was the site of a 1969 uprising widely viewed as the start of the gay rights movement. Proposals being considered would cover a small park on the street where the bar is located and the surrounding area.

GOPUSA ? Obama prepared to name gay bar a national monument

thats nice

This is what obama means by transforming America.

Taking a small minority group and enabling them to bully the majority, with their perversion! Un****ingbelievable!

thats you being silly and kinda mean

at least lincoln would approve

Moderator's Warning:
Stick to the topic, people.

Not to be picky here, but it depends on how you look at it.

Perverted:

(of a person or their actions) characterized by sexually abnormal and unacceptable practices or tendencies.

Abnormal:

deviating from what is normal or usual, typically in a way that is undesirable or worrying.

Normal:

conforming to a standard; usual, typical, or expected.

the usual, average, or typical state or condition.

:shrug:

The word "and" means that it needs to be accompanied by both. Being gay is not unacceptable to anyone but bigots.

I guess preserving important natural and historical sites is something you don't comprehend.

Go vacation in Branson, MO instead, you might like that better.

Not really. At some point you have to let go of the past. You either let go of it now or let go of it later. In the meantime all you're doing is being wasteful.

The word "and" means that it needs to be accompanied by both. Being gay is not unacceptable to anyone but bigots.

What is unacceptable is a matter of personal opinion. What is abnormal is a matter of interpretation.

What is unacceptable is a matter of personal opinion. What is abnormal is a matter of interpretation.

I finished that too quickly. It is also not abnormal. Homosexuality is perfectly normal and acceptable. It is an accepted lifestyle by people who study sexuality, so I'll take their opinion(and any sane human) on what is acceptable over yours.

I finished that too quickly. It is also not abnormal. Homosexuality is perfectly normal and acceptable. It is an accepted lifestyle by people who study sexuality, so I'll take their opinion(and any sane human) on what is acceptable over yours.

I'm frankly uninterested in your opinion on the matter.

I'm frankly uninterested in your opinion on the matter.

Then why are you on a political forum? Just so you can give yourself a pat on the back after reading your own posts?

Then why are you on a political forum? Just so you can give yourself a pat on the back after reading your own posts?

Why must I care about everyone's opinion on every subject? You started this you know, not me.

Oh god! A gay national monument! So much bullying! Us straight people are so oppressed!

*sarcasm off*
Get the **** over yourself.

I think that is the place gay friends took me, when I was a kid to show me how libertarian New York was. However, it wasn't the boys in the toilets doing each other nor the black and white guys naked on the bar busily fisteng that was the must show du jour. It was the patrons standing outside on the street that dared to sip their beer there without the usual bown bags. It is sad. All the biys that took me there are now dead almost all by aids.

Why must I care about everyone's opinion on every subject? You started this you know, not me.

I simply pointed out that you were factually wrong about your definition. I wasn't giving an opinion.

I simply pointed out that you were factually wrong about your definition. I wasn't giving an opinion.

It wasn't my definitions. You should probably take up your complaint with google and merriam-webster.

It wasn't my definitions. You should probably take up your complaint with google and merriam-webster.

You were trying to explain why homosexuality can be viewed as perverse. The definition does not apply to homosexuality at all. Therefore, you are wrong.

Back
Top Bottom