• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Obama prepared to name gay bar a national monument [W:89]

Like I said, it was mostly straight liberals forcing it down everyone's throat. Thanks for proving my point.
So a picture equates to having something shoved down ones throat?

Should all pictures be restricted as to prevent them being shoved down ones throat. Do people like the OP need safe spaces like some university students so they won't be exposed to ideas, images and the like that they find disturbing?

So a picture equates to having something shoved down ones throat?

Should all pictures be restricted as to prevent them being shoved down ones throat. Do people like the OP need safe spaces like some university students so they won't be exposed to ideas, images and the like that they find disturbing?

What was the intent of him posting it? Think about it.

What was the intent of him posting it? Think about it.
So do you need a safe space so you can feel protected from things being shoved down your throat

So you need a safe space so you can feel protected from things being shoved down your throat

It's pretty obvious that he posted the picture to shove it in Mickeys face. I have no idea why this is in doubt.

It's pretty obvious that he posted the picture to shove it in Mickeys face. I have no idea why this is in doubt.

Two people kissing, I would expect libertarians to say to people offended by such to get over it rather then seek safe spaces

This is what obama means by transforming America.

Taking a small minority group and enabling them to bully the majority, with their perversion! Un****ingbelievable!

Poll after poll shows that the majority of Americans approve of allowing gay marriage, even more approve of gay rights in general, if you think the majority believes in your sodomy laws your wrong

Also, whats your opinion on interracial marriage?

Two people kissing, I would expect libertarians to say to people offended by such to get over it rather then seek safe spaces

He can be offended by whatever he pleases. How is that for a libertarian answer?

President Barack Obama is preparing to designate the Stonewall Inn in New York the first national monument dedicated to gay rights.

That’s according to two individuals familiar with the Obama administration’s plans. The individuals weren’t authorized to discuss the plans publicly and requested anonymity.

The tavern in Greenwich Village was the site of a 1969 uprising widely viewed as the start of the gay rights movement. Proposals being considered would cover a small park on the street where the bar is located and the surrounding area.

GOPUSA ? Obama prepared to name gay bar a national monument

If you are Obama-you pander to a constituent group. Its what you do

He can be offended by whatever he pleases. How is that for a libertarian answer?
Certainly he can be offended all he wants. Being upset that the government is allowing the violation of his safe space is also allowed but it certainly takes away from the probability that he or people with similar ideas are libertarians. More that they are social conservatives who want the government to protect them

Certainly he can be offended all he wants. Being upset that the government is allowing the violation of his safe space is also allowed but it certainly takes away from the probability that he or people with similar ideas are libertarians. More that they are social conservatives who want the government to protect them

Mickey doesn't claim to be a libertarian, so there's that. He was also speaking about the LBGT movement not the government when he brought up that point.

Last edited:
If you are a politician-you pander to a constituent group. Its what you do

Went ahead and cleared that quote up for you because that's the point of politicians - to pander to enough constituent groups that you earn the support from a plurality of voters.

Went ahead and cleared that quote up for you because that's the point of politicians - to pander to enough constituent groups that you earn the support from a plurality of voters.

I agree with your change.

President Barack Obama is preparing to designate the Stonewall Inn in New York the first national monument dedicated to gay rights.

That’s according to two individuals familiar with the Obama administration’s plans. The individuals weren’t authorized to discuss the plans publicly and requested anonymity.

The tavern in Greenwich Village was the site of a 1969 uprising widely viewed as the start of the gay rights movement. Proposals being considered would cover a small park on the street where the bar is located and the surrounding area.

Good for him.

Good, it is a historic place and deserves recognition. Its very American that oppression and injustice is fought, sorry you can't understand that.

Americans evolved for the better.

Well, most did.

So some p.o.s. bar that I'll never go to is a "national monument." Big deal.

Seriously...big deal.

Taking a small minority group and enabling them to bully the majority, with their perversion! Un****ingbelievable!

Old man.jpg

Giving gay people equal rights = "bullying"

No they aren't oppressed, but they are constantly bombarded with a perversion that some would like to push is normal...it ain't! I don't give a **** what the psychobabble folks say in the DMSIV, it's a mental illness. Most of them are uber-liberal gays, themselves.

Hatred is the real perversion. And your posts are just seething with it.

Oh man sorry bro, do you need a safe space from those gays and their bar that's bullying you from literally the opposite end of the country?

So some p.o.s. bar that I'll never go to is a "national monument." Big deal.

Seriously...big deal.

MickyW is just upset because now a bunch of people will be going to his favorite bar and it will be too busy for him.

Reality check....
In many sharia law countries....homosexuality = Death
Radical Islamists will slaughter homosexuals.

https://www.yahoo.com/beauty/bangladeshi-gay-rights-activist-hacked-143500975.html

All I know is that history is not kind to gays overall. Statistically, they will ALWAYS be a small minority.
Right now, homosexuals are enjoying a pinnacle due to social stability and relative peace.....but peace is decaying and social instability is on the rise.
Both of which will ultimately lead to an abrupt if not very violent end to this temporary and historically misplaced LGBT "revolution". I'm neither supporting nor condemning it and basically
feel that all people should be able to live as they please...as long as they are respectful of the rights of others and respectful of the majority.

But one observation....
While tolerant Christians are the focal point of gay vengeance, the LGBT crowd doesn't dare speak of radical Islam's intolerance. This seems hypocritical and cowardly.
Where's the in your face LGBT pride against Islamic absolute gay intolerance?
Try setting up this bar in Saudi Arabia

--------- crickets ----------

When is the last time a Christian stoned a gay couple to death?
Suddenly Christians don't seem so horrible

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom