• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Obama: I would Change NFL Team Washington Redskin's Name.....

Should the Washington Redskins Change the Team Name?

• Tomahawk Barack.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
The great thing about these debates is that much of the reaction against a name change is beyond ridiculous. They practically act as though life will never go on and it won't be the same. Whiners, please. They said that about North Dakota, and despite the utterly protracted debate, my alma mater changed its name. People still go to games, life moves on, and they ended up doing better fiscally as a result!

I say if the movement to remove the name gets popular enough, switch the name, change up the logo. It can't hurt. Sports fans move on, create new chants, buy new gear, and life goes on.

Furthermore, I hope to God they don't use the "it's a symbol of pride and respect for Natives" excuse. If and when it becomes clear that the community being honored largely does not feel that way, its supposed respect becomes moot. My alma mater used that excuse for years (even promoting it during the games), but eventually it grew thin, and the administration knew it.

Last edited:
Its not a Federal Government issue and I dont think anyone cares what any President has to say about it. But never one to shy away from a camera, Pres. B.O. had to chime in with his two cents. Doesnt he have more important things to worry about...like barricading statues, kicking old people out of their homes, golfing and planning his next vacation?

Do you have any clue how the subject came up? I don't think you do.

The AFC was 3-2 versus the NFC last week, continuing this season long trend to 18-9.
This would be opposite of last year, when the 10-6 Bears didn't make it and 9-7 AFCs did.
Your NFC Least winner could easily go 8-8.
We have a great NFL thread here in Sports, run by "Red"skin fan Zyphlin.
Well I hope my Cowboys don't go 9-7 but Romo is a known choker and he has proven it with the last game. As for the bears, well at least the Bears aren't the Raiders.

The AFC was 3-2 versus the NFC last week, continuing this season long trend to 18-9.
This would be opposite of last year, when the 10-6 Bears didn't make it and 9-7 AFCs did.
Your NFC Least winner could easily go 8-8.
We have a great NFL thread here in Sports, run by "Red"skin fan Zyphlin.

lol @ NFC least..meant to laugh at it last post...It is so true

Please you aren't going to tell me the eagles can beat the Cowboys are you? Cowboys will win the east

I just said the division is the Cowboys to loose. I think they are the best of the worst in the NFC East this year. Might as well enjoy it while you can because with Tony Romo as your QB and the ownership they have...they wont amount to anything but disappointment.

The Eagles are a year or two away from even being in the position to contend for anything, but I do look forward to the future.

Do you have any clue how the subject came up? I don't think you do.

I dont think I care. I dont think it matters. Anytime Obama has an opportunity in front of a microphone and camera he is going to make the most of his face time, and without his teleprompter chances are he is going to say something stupid.

I dont think I care. I dont think it matters. Anytime Obama has an opportunity in front of a microphone and camera he is going to make the most of his face time, and without his teleprompter chances are he is going to say something stupid.

1. I don't see how what he said in this case is "stupid."
2. He was directly asked about the subject.
3. Consternation over his comments is simply ridiculous.

Every word that comes out of Obama's mouth, the right throws a fit.

Though this isn't the NFL forum, I believe most would have agreed the NFC Least had as good of QBs as any division with Manning, Griffin, Vick and Romo entering the season. we still have 11 weeks left and an 8-8 division may hurt my Bears tomorrow night.

1. I don't see how what he said in this case is "stupid."
2. He was directly asked about the subject.
3. Consternation over his comments is simply ridiculous.

Every word that comes out of Obama's mouth, the right throws a fit.

Not throwing a fit, just pointing out that Obama has never met a microphone he didnt like.

When an elected official is asked a question that does NOT concern them or the office in which they hold and makes any kind of statement on an issue that doesnt involve their official duties, its best to do what every other politician does, keeps themselves out of it.

Thats the statement that I was referring to...him saying anything, it is stupid of him to put his two cents in, but the glory hound that he is, he just couldnt resist.

Not throwing a fit, just pointing out that Obama has never met a microphone he didnt like.

When an elected official is asked a question that does NOT concern them or the office in which they hold and makes any kind of statement on an issue that doesnt involve their official duties, its best to do what every other politician does, keeps themselves out of it.

Thats the statement that I was referring to...him saying anything, it is stupid of him to put his two cents in, but the glory hound that he is, he just couldnt resist.

What planet do you live on?

Back
Top Bottom