• We will be taking the forum down for maintenance at [5:15 am CDT] - in 15 minutes. We should be down less than 1 hour.
  • This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Obama Apologizes to Terrorists For Our First Amendment Rights [W:394]

Re: Obama Apologizes to Terrorists For Our First Amendment Rights

I assume nothing here but instead respond to what is being posted and I don't see a lot of objectivity on the part of Obama supporters nor a basic understanding of our economy much of which is driven by small businesses in local communities not the global economy. Obama is trying to destroy that small business and the results speak for themselves.

Again, nothing but opinions that fail to sway me in the least. BTW, I don't see much objectivity in your views, either.

I assume nothing here but instead respond to what is being posted and I don't see a lot of objectivity on the part of Obama supporters nor a basic understanding of our economy much of which is driven by small businesses in local communities not the global economy. Obama is trying to destroy that small business and the results speak for themselves.

Believing what you want to believe will never make it so, but it does seem to be an innate aspect of the modern American right.

Again, nothing but opinions that fail to sway me in the least. BTW, I don't see much objectivity in your views, either.

If this is the way you are going through life then you are set up for a complete and total failure. Obama loves having people like you so he can use you and you take it. Once he is done with you, you are the one left suffering.

Learn something about our spending and expenses

Current Report: Combined Statement of Receipts, Outlays, and Balances of the United States Government (Combined Statement): Publications & Guidance: Financial Management Service

Believing what you want to believe will never make it so, but it does seem to be an innate aspect of the modern American right.

My beliefs are based upon actual results, you ought to try getting actual results sometime

If this is the way you are going through life then you are set up for a complete and total failure. Obama loves having people like you so he can use you and you take it. Once he is done with you, you are the one left suffering.

Current Report: Combined Statement of Receipts, Outlays, and Balances of the United States Government (Combined Statement): Publications & Guidance: Financial Management Service

It's not obama's fault. It's Congress's fault.

It's not obama's fault. It's Congress's fault.

So then we don't need a President and you won't have any problem with Obama getting fired

So then we don't need a President and you won't have any problem with Obama getting fired

No, I did not say that. You said that. You are assuming again and treating them like assertions.

No, I did not say that. You said that. You are assuming again and treating them like assertions.

So if all the economic problems are the Congress why does everyone here blame Bush and if you don't believe that the President has any control over the economic policies then you shouldn't have any problem replacing the one we have. Why should we keep him?

So if all the economic problems are the Congress why does everyone here blame Bush and if you don't believe that the President has any control over the economic policies then you shouldn't have any problem replacing the one we have. Why should we keep him?

The Democrats blame bush and the republicans blame obama. Don't you get it?

The Democrats blame bush and the republicans blame obama. Don't you get it?

Think you will ever be in a leadership position? If so you will understand responsibility and the fact that results are yours regardless of where they come from. It is hard to deny that Obama with a Democrat controlled Congress has no responsibility for the results generated.

Think you will ever be in a leadership position? If so you will understand responsibility and the fact that results are yours regardless of where they come from. It is hard to deny that Obama with a Democrat controlled Congress has no responsibility for the results generated.

I have been in leadership positions my entire life. There are always plenty of scapegoats to blame.

I have been in leadership positions my entire life. There are always plenty of scapegoats to blame.

And I'll bet you are very good at it.

My beliefs are based upon actual results, you ought to try getting actual results sometime

You sir, are a living paradox.

Curious to know what you feel the American right believes regarding the trillions in debt the government has accumulated and is not trying to stop, or the overall weakness of America's foreign policy. How does that differ from the left's belief?

Curious to know what you feel the American right believes regarding the trillions in debt the government has accumulated and is not trying to stop, or the overall weakness of America's foreign policy. How does that differ from the left's belief?

The left doesn't care about the debt because to them it is all about keeping people dependent on liberal social programs. Most of the people supporting the current leftwing policies don't pay any of the debt service for those policies. The current debt service is well over 200 BILLION a year and rising as interest rates rise. That is money that is going to bond holders including the Chinese and not to help those liberals say they want to help.

The Libbies and Connies should go off together to some country where they'd both be happy. I suggest Somalia. The Libbies would have their post-racial Paradise, while the Connies would live in their free-market dream of an absence of government.

Particularly at blaming someone else and never accepting responsibility for anything

No, of course not. I would not hesitate to go down with the ship. Yes, I'm that good!

Lets reverse it. What if some Muslim had made a very offensive video about Jesus and his president apologized to Christians for it? I'll bet your reaction would have been different. Some Muslims are stuck in the 18th century. In those days you could be arrested in the US for blasphemy. Those laws are actually still on the books in some states.

Lets reverse it. What if some Muslim had made a very offensive video about Jesus and his president apologized to Christians for it? I'll bet your reaction would have been different. Some Muslims are stuck in the 18th century. In those days you could be arrested in the US for blasphemy. Those laws are actually still on the books in some states.

What if a catholic made a movie about the temptations of Christ ?

I'd treat his apology as a sign of weakness and go burn down his embassy, knowing he wouldn't retaliate for it but only issue another apology for his country's intolerance making me do it. Isn't that the way moral equivalence works?

Back
Top Bottom