• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Obama, A Sympton of a disease

perhaps you should take your own advice...you were the one who insinuated I am an idiot. If you can't take it, don't start by dishing it out.

Now, how about those examples of all the wonderous Obama accomplishments??? Oh wait...there aren't any.

Review your first response to me and you'll have a clue as to exactly where the veiled personal insults began. Let it go or don't, that's up to you.

Bush sucked as a president/ He was a poor choice to be president and used his daddy's influence to become governor of Texas.
His one major accomplishment was taking down Saddam Hussein, the man who wanted his daddy dead.
Oh, there was the other accomplishment, he made it easier for a democrat to win the WH.
Between 8 years of Bush, and running against McCain, why would anybody be surprised that we now have Obama for a president....
The GOP would be well advised to stop whining and start searching for a viable candidate.

Bush sucked as a president/ He was a poor choice to be president and used his daddy's influence to become governor of Texas.
His one major accomplishment was taking down Saddam Hussein, the man who wanted his daddy dead.
Oh, there was the other accomplishment, he made it easier for a democrat to win the WH.
Between 8 years of Bush, and running against McCain, why would anybody be surprised that we now have Obama for a president....
The GOP would be well advised to stop whining and start searching for a viable candidate.

So, what you are saying is that since Bush sucked it is perfectly OK for Obama to suck. Nice

So, what you are saying is that since Bush sucked it is perfectly OK for Obama to suck. Nice

The bar has been irreversibly lowered by Bush. That is what happens when you allow family dynasties to have preference when they are presenting one of theirs to lead the nation. Call it reverse affirmative action....as long as your family has money, power, and influence, you have a better shot at leadership. Worked poorly in Europe for generations, why not try it here?

Wow, two misconceptions in one post. You feel that Obama is painted as a messiah by Liberals, he is not at all.
So... He didn't give us hope by promising to save us from the evils foisted upon this country by GWB, et al?

yeah but al gore would have sucked far worse and would have put people like QuotaMayor on the USSC rather than Roberts and like Bush, without his father, he'd never made it to almost being in the Oval Office

but your final point is well taken

yeah but al gore would have sucked far worse and would have put people like QuotaMayor on the USSC rather than Roberts and like Bush, without his father, he'd never made it to almost being in the Oval Office

but your final point is well taken
Make no mistake, I voted for Bush, as the DEMS had no candidate worth voting for. Wonder if that situation will play again in 2012, with the parties reversed?

Make no mistake, I voted for Bush, as the DEMS had no candidate worth voting for. Wonder if that situation will play again in 2012, with the parties reversed?

I'd vote for Richard Gere's gerbil over obama

1 - America gets attacked : Obama will come out smelling like a rose, in much the same way that Bush came out after 9-11 and got the patriot act passed, sent the army to war in two different countries, and so on... So, Obama, whose done everything that bush has done but doubled (or more), if america was attacked, it would turn into a complete high-technology police state, by 2012-2016 very well could be the end of the 'presidency' and Obama will come up wearing a crown and saying how we must praise him.

2 - Obama gets a weak candidate : he'll squeek through a victory and stay in office another 4 years.

3 - Obama vs strong candidate : More likely that by the time the election comes again the people will hate Obama SO MUCH that any 'republican' sweet talker will come up (except Ron Paul, cause he'll be called a baby eater) and will look SO GOOD that it's like the next morning in groundhog day.... roles reversed once again.

Interesting - I swear - I remember, vaguely - - oh so long ago like a dream - that everyone around the world worshiped Obama.

Whilst I gagged

I guess that's dead too, hunh?

Interesting - I swear - I remember, vaguely - - oh so long ago like a dream - that everyone around the world worshiped Obama.

Whilst I gagged

I guess that's dead too, hunh?
Long before the DEMS decided that Obama was their nominee, I was saying that the DEMS can't win the WH, unless the GOP hands it to them. Too many scandals, too many coverups, too much corruption, and the voters get sick of it....
I suspect the same will happen to the DEMS, but it might be 6 years from now.
We really need term limits. No politician, once convicted of betraying the public trust, will be required to serve more terms in prison than they did in office.

from an email I received

purportedly from someone in the Czech Republic

"The danger to America is not Barack Obama, but a citizenry capable of entrusting a man like him with the Presidency. It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of an Obama presidency than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their president. The problem is much deeper and far more serious than Mr. Obama, who is a mere symptom of what ails America . Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince. The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Sounds like something out of Rush Limbaugh's box of tricks.

Obama is a lot smarter and more savvy than the fool we had before. We survived that fool, although he did put the country in a huge hole. If we were able to survive that fool and all the fools that voted for him, I believe we will do better than just survive, I believe we will flourish.

I know most cons are praying for America to fail - a fine example of their patriotism.

Sounds like something out of Rush Limbaugh's box of tricks.

Obama is a lot smarter and more savvy than the fool we had before. We survived that fool, although he did put the country in a huge hole. If we were able to survive that fool and all the fools that voted for him, I believe we will do better than just survive, I believe we will flourish.

I know most cons are praying for America to fail - a fine example of their patriotism.

they are ALL FOOLS, every last one of them in politics is a fool...blue red, whatever... there are so few exceptions to this rule that they can be listed by name.

The reason is that the type of people that SHOULD be leading society have no actual interest in leading anybody.

the quote I posted contains a thought that has some merit. Who said it, what their credentials are etc matters not. I believe that the election of Obama is a poor reflection on America. The man had no accomplishments, no real experience and his main skill was reading a teleprompter.

Hey, Obama isn't the only one to use a teleprompter. McCain, Palin, and even Reagan used a teleprompter.

The funny thing is, at least Obama doesn't have to use a "phonics" teleprompter like Bush. Now, that was genius, in the eyes of the comatose conservatives.

Bush's Phonetic Teleprompter Revealed

I am interested, though, on just how foreigners develope their opinion of our presidents and other leaders.

They don't see the same issues we do.
They don't hear the same news we do.

They have a completely different exposure and their inference is often completely different than ours. (example: they're a pluralist republic - with a prime minister, cabinet and so forth) . . it's very interesting when a people who don't directly elect (or have a say at all) in who their president and prime minister are forms a strong opinion about who we do directly elect when being distanced from our politics.

So just *what* is this particular OP person considering when he/she wrote this - what news events and issues are they examining and taking notice of internationally?

Right, because I care what a Czech has to say, considering their illustrious political history.

just make sure there is a valid birth certificate proving it was born in the USA...

that's gonna jam the price way past 5 bucks a piece

Back
Top Bottom