• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

NY Times publishes the truth about Obama policies, then quickly scrambles to scrub it

Re: NY Times publishes the truth about Obama policies, then quickly scrambles to scru

Is it possible to simply address the topic, which is the NY Times, and for once not turn this into another debate about Fox News? Aren't there enough threads that debate Fox on this forum?

See post #14 regarding that.

Re: NY Times publishes the truth about Obama policies, then quickly scrambles to scru

The NYT printing the truth is shocking enough but printing the truth about President Obama is absolutely unbelievable.

The Times called Obama's economic policies a failure in one of their on-line articles, then shortly after publishing that article edited that part out of the story. Everything else I said was what we call SARCASM... I can't believe I actually had to explain that to you... Pete maybe, but you?

You're error has been pointed out to you. There is, once again, no real issue here.

There is, once again, no real issue here.

You're right... Since it's not unusual for the Times to cover up and protect democrats, it's basically another day at the office for them.

The only real story here I guess, is the fact that people like you see no problem and accept this behavior.

You're error has been pointed out to you.

What error is that?

If you are talking about my sarcasm, then I will stop treating you as an intelligent adult, and structure my responses to you as if you were in elementary school.

You're right... Since it's not unusual for the Times to cover up and protect democrats, it's basically another day at the office for them.

The only real story here I guess, is the fact that people like you see no problem and accept this behavior.

Nothing at all is covered up. nothing at all.

What error is that?

If you are talking about my sarcasm, then I will stop treating you as an intelligent adult, and structure my responses to you as if you were in elementary school.

From post 13:

roughdraft said:
That's fine. If it was supposed to be a serious piece then that should have been scrubbed. It's fine to point out that the economy isn't doing well and what the current conditions are but an overall blanket statement like "Obama has been a failure" doesn't belong in any serious news piece. I'd say the same thing if it was "Bush destroyed the economy so Obama's not to blame". I don't know why you think this is something to bash them over, I see it as a good thing. Scrub the opinion crap and actually report the news. Then again you are a Beck fan and a loyal Fox Newser so I understand why you don't agree with me.

From post 14:

Wiseone said:
It has the word blog written in big letters right above it, just because its linked from a part of the website which contains the legitimate news stories doesn't mean it is itself one. I hope you can understand that but I doubt you will, which by that logic would mean, because I'm about to post a link to that post that the blog in question, that it is not in fact a blog but an internet debate forum and is certainly part of debatepolitics, because why else would there be a link for on it on this website!!!

Casey B. Mulligan: Early Doubts About Whether Tax Credits Stimulate Investment - NYTimes.com

So there's the same blog, on the same website, same place, and its critical of Obama's stimulus plan?!?!!? And its been up since Jan 12 2011!?!?!? Well clearly this only proves you're conspiracy is even truer, obviously only a newspaper with a secret policy to never criticize the President and always support the liberal "agenda" would post the occasional story which is critical of Obama and doesn't support the liberal agenda to keep the eye of super sleuths like you away. Good thing you didnt fall for it.

this is where your error has been pointed out quite clearly.

Nothing at all is covered up. nothing at all.

Did they, or did they not, publish a story on their website that said that Obama's economic policies were a failure, and then shortly after, edit that part out of the article?

You know the answer is yes, and you prove that covering up for/protecting democrats by the Times is a completely acceptable practice to you.

Did they, or did they not, publish a story on their website that said that Obama's economic policies were a failure, and then shortly after, edit that part out of the article?

You know the answer is yes, and you prove that covering up for/protecting democrats by the Times is a completely acceptable practice to you.

It was a blog and not a story. And if it were a story, it would be appropriate to edit out the editorial from a news story. You seem to be upset that they didn't show the bias you want shown. Saying it was a failure would be a subjective judgement, an opinion. news stories are suppose to avoid those.

Back
Top Bottom