• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Nuclear attack in Ukraine should spark ‘devastating’ Nato response, says Polish foreign minister

If Russia actually does use nukes in Ukraine then we are in uncharted territory. We would have to make sure there are catastrophic consequences for Russia, without destroying the world in a full-on nuclear war. Which is not an easy needle to thread. If it came to that, I think there should be two red lines: Don't respond with nuclear weapons, and don't strike inside of Russia. But I think America would need to utterly destroy the Russian naval fleets in Sevastopol and Tartus; destroy the Russian army in Ukraine, Crimea, Transnistria, and Georgia; invade or foment a color revolution in Belarus; and push Russia back to its own borders.
The entire world would ostracize Putin, even India and China. All he would be left with is N Korea and Iran.

His own people possibly would take to the streets in there millions as a reaction.

But we know Putin does not think 2 steps ahead. He underestimated Ukraines military and overestimated his own.

We got a mad dog who is cornered in the Kremlin. Let's hope there are saner heads in the Russian high command.

No they're not, but there's no reason that NATO member states can't agree on coordinated action.
Sure, but we also don't need to be claiming the lead either. Tired of the US....errr....I mean "NATO" being on the hook for everything that happens in the entire world. Also, we don't need to escalate because lots of nukes flying all over is a possibility.

Why can’t they? Ukraine has learned the lesson that they need Allie’s to dissuade Russia from invasion. They are going to join NATO as soon as they can.
I might be misremembering but I recall reading something about not being able to join if you have territory that's under dispute.

Sure, but we also don't need to be claiming the lead either. Tired of the US....errr....I mean "NATO" being on the hook for everything that happens in the entire world. Also, we don't need to escalate because lots of nukes flying all over is a possibility.
☝️ Chamberlain hearts this post.

Russia engaged in orderly retreat and is now mobilizing for their next offensive. They wisely chose not to waste lives defending the position. Unlike the Ukros who are still failing to make any real gains in Kherson

buhahahahahahahahahahahaha

Back
Top Bottom