• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Now we know the real reason many southerners aren't worried about Covid.

How authoritarian.

Wow... Again, how authoritarian.

On the contrary. The way to change people's minds is through thoughtful and productive conversation. What is happening is polarization, and most often gives the opposite effect of what is desired.
How does one have a thoughtful conversation with a person who believes the vaccine will allow Bill Gates to track them, or that they will become magnetized,
or that covid is actually caused by the virus? My immediate family is fully vaccinated, but I have 2 brothers, and several cousins who refuse to take the shot. It's ok,
totally their choice, but they will not be a part of any family gettogethers until covid is over, if they survive it.

What about the brainwashing of the left by the same means?
People of science are trying to convince American's to take a vaccine which will save the life of most who take it, and you equate it to brainwashing by the left?

People of science are trying to convince American's to take a vaccine which will save the life of most who take it, and you equate it to brainwashing by the left?
Well, LOP does deny pretty much everything science comes up with. So, at least Planar is consistent.

Who said it was?
It goes on all the time her on DP, FB, Twitter, etc. I will guess it happens quite a bit on GAB, Parlor, and those other conservative cesspool sites. Hell, even your one term president did it quite a bit.

I can give you an experiment that you can do right now that will debunk any efficacy of masks.

Put one on and walk up to a mirror and huff on it through the mask if the mirror fogs up or you huffed on it then it's not catching that moisture that went on to that mirror. And that moisture that went on to that mirror is where the virus would be.
Please for our sake, do not use the ER when you catch "just a bad cold."

Ok? thanks

So why do you wear a mask and socially distance and avoid larger groups if you have the vaccine. It's like you're not sure that it works the point of the vaccine is you don't have to do that crap anymore. You're still afraid even though you're supposed to be immune?
More ignorance. No one immune to the virus vaxxed or not.
The vaccine does not prevent infection. Duh

More ignorance. No one immune to the virus vaxxed or not.
The vaccine does not prevent infection. Duh
Using "Nothing but ignorance" would be more apt.

Well, thank goodness DP exists so that they can all be schooled.
Stupid people cannot be "schooled." Have you never heard of the term "you can't fix stupid"?

The governor saying it's OK to kill thousands of the people in his state because they will now all be with Jesus is the height of stupidity. Fact.

Everyone dies. You can mock their corpses if it makes you feel better. They won't care.
Just remember you'll join them soon enough.
We're mocking the governor of the state. It's in the opening post.
If anyone is mocking the dead, it's him. He's claiming the dead are a sacrifice worth taking because he claims there is an afterlife.
That's his defense for his state being the highest in Covid Deaths.
- We are less afraid of Covid death because of the afterlife, he claims.
Then he goes on immediately to claim they are fearful of Biden's mandate because it's "tyrannical"

Not fearful of his populace dying from Covid.
Totally fearful of a mandate for the vaccine that would have saved all those lives.

You can't make this shit up. And here you are defending it.

We're mocking the governor of the state. It's in the opening post.
If anyone is mocking the dead, it's him. He's claiming the dead are a sacrifice worth taking because he claims there is an afterlife.
That's his defense for his state being the highest in Covid Deaths.
- We are less afraid of Covid death because of the afterlife, he claims.
Then he goes on immediately to claim they are fearful of Biden's mandate because it's "tyrannical"

Not fearful of his populace dying from Covid.
Totally fearful of a mandate for the vaccine that would have saved all those lives.

You can't make this shit up. And here you are defending it.
I really did not have people being this ****ing stupid on my bingo card.

We have been mocking people of faith since the founding of this country.

“ Man once surrendering his reason, has no remaining guard against absurdities the most monstrous, and like a ship without rudder, is the sport of every wind. With such persons, gullibility, which they call faith, takes the helm from the hand of reason, and the mind becomes a wreck.”
-Thomas Jefferson
Your "We" is not synonymous with "all of us." Mocking others is an individual choice, and "It's been done a long time," "I'm not the first," and "Everybody else is doing it" aren't anything but justifications.

Your "We" is not synonymous with "all of us." Mocking others is an individual choice, and "It's been done a long time," "I'm not the first," and "Everybody else is doing it" aren't anything but justifications.
Calling out stupidity is not "mocking." It's a public service announcement.

Why not? If those 'people of faith' are as deluded and ignorant as this character they deserve to be mocked, frankly...
We all fall short in one way or another. The death of this pastor is tragic and wasteful. Surely, you agree that being deluded/ignorant is tragic when it costs someone his life (and when he may have exposed others too)--unless you yourself have never been mistaken or been foolish or wrong.

I really did not have people being this ****ing stupid on my bingo card.
I didn't either. We always wonder...are they just trolling for political points or are they really this ignorant? Most are that ignorant I fear. I mean, we're talking 74M Trump voters.
Sunday morning show yesterday and it's in the town where Andy Griffith was shot, like Maybury. He has this trolly full of tourists and asks them to raise their hand if they think Biden was fairly elected. Only one guy raises his hand. The rest go on about mail in ballots, dead people voting, etc., the usually nonsense.
Then they ask if the press is the enemy of the people, and again most agree. One lady claims mainstream media doesn't tell the truth, and that she's had to get her truth somewhere else...which she says "I won't say where"...

I mean, just a slice of Americana there. Completely believing the big lie and that the press is the enemy of the people. How are we supposed to govern when right wing media has made 1/3 of the population combatively ignorant?
Like black is white, hot is cold, vaccines are bad but Covid is good. And poor governance makes Republicans happy.."see!" they say. "Government don't work!!".

What a tragedy.

What about the brainwashing of the left by the same means?

Are you truly upset that the “left” is telling people the truth about Covid and that getting vaccinated is the best thing you can do for your family and your community, but not upset that the right is lying to people about Covid and vaccines? Why engage in this false equivalency? This fake whataboutism?

The vaccine isn't necessary. I had covid, it wasn't as bad as the flu and now I have natural immunity thus I shouldn't have to get any vaccine.

No government has any business telling me otherwise. My body my choice.
But the abortion advocates will tell you that you must take the vaccine.

It goes on all the time her on DP, FB, Twitter, etc. I will guess it happens quite a bit on GAB, Parlor, and those other conservative cesspool sites. Hell, even your one term president did it quite a bit.
You know when you ASSume something? You just proved it.

You don't think a Governor has influence? He makes policy from mask mandates, vaccine availability, etc. It affects everyone. What don't you understand.

There have been various churches and church members who say God will protect them, they have the blood of Jesus, Yada, yada,... Google is your friend if you want specifics. It also goes with the idiot Governor's comment about not being afraid because of belief in eternal life.

God is looking out for them. He made man able to develop a vaccine to protect them. Some are just too stupid to see.
Again I ask, did your life revolve around whatever Cuomo did or say?

What do I google? churches or church members in Mississippi say they have the blood of Jesus? Sounds a bit wordy

Not a liberal, so there's that. I also didn't vote for Trump, so there's that as well.

Want to try again?

Not a liberal, so there's that. I also didn't vote for Trump, so there's that as well.

Want to try again?
I know you are not a liberal. You get my point though. You are a staunch defender of conservatism.

I know you are not a liberal. You get my point though. You are a staunch defender of conservatism.

Not really. I'm a staunch defender of people having their own opinions and not being attacked for them, regardless if it's liberalism, conservatism. Progressives are off the wall, so I don't go that far.

And what are those links for?

Back
Top Bottom