• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

No Balls Allowed In Canton Park

Lita456

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
This is ridiculous and they wonder why kids are hanging out in the streets with nothing to do, now they can't even play frisbee???? That's messed up.

CANTON, Ga. -- The city of Canton, Ga. passed a law banning active sports in two parks.

Violators could be arrested for playing with balls or Frisbees in Boling Park and Heritage Park.

No one has been arrested yet. Right now their focus is alerting the public about the new rule, but some are not happy about it.

“Were sitting there playing Frisbee and we run when we see a cop like we’re doing a drug deal. It’s just ridiculous,” said Cody Fulkerson. “We didn't think it’s right so we are speaking up for it.”

City council members listened, but they say the reason the law is necessary is other people have complained that these parks have become dangerous for joggers or people just out enjoying a stroll.

The concern is getting hit by a fast moving ball or flying Frisbee.

One group is hoping they can find common ground with council members. They plan on showing up at every council meeting in protest until the law is changed.

“We will not let up. We want to get this changed they said its fair but it’s really one sided,” said Mark Sghiatti.

The council plans on discussing this further during next week’s meeting.

Right now there are no immediate plans on changing the rules.

No Balls Allowed In Canton Park - Atlanta News Story - WGCL Atlanta

Don't cops have better things to do?

Don't cops have better things to do?

cops are supposed to enforce laws passed.

Don't blame the cops, blame the squeaky wheels that demanded this stupid oil.

This is ridiculous and they wonder why kids are hanging out in the streets with nothing to do, now they can't even play frisbee???? That's messed up.

CANTON, Ga. -- The city of Canton, Ga. passed a law banning active sports in two parks.

Violators could be arrested for playing with balls or Frisbees in Boling Park and Heritage Park.

No one has been arrested yet. Right now their focus is alerting the public about the new rule, but some are not happy about it.

“Were sitting there playing Frisbee and we run when we see a cop like we’re doing a drug deal. It’s just ridiculous,” said Cody Fulkerson. “We didn't think it’s right so we are speaking up for it.”

City council members listened, but they say the reason the law is necessary is other people have complained that these parks have become dangerous for joggers or people just out enjoying a stroll.

The concern is getting hit by a fast moving ball or flying Frisbee.

One group is hoping they can find common ground with council members. They plan on showing up at every council meeting in protest until the law is changed.

“We will not let up. We want to get this changed they said its fair but it’s really one sided,” said Mark Sghiatti.

The council plans on discussing this further during next week’s meeting.

Right now there are no immediate plans on changing the rules.

No Balls Allowed In Canton Park - Atlanta News Story - WGCL Atlanta

That's just ridiculous. If you want to jog or take a stroll, there are plenty of places to do that around the city. That's what sidewalks are for. There's no reason not to let the kids play frisbee in the park.

cops are supposed to enforce laws passed.

Don't blame the cops, blame the squeaky wheels that demanded this stupid oil.

I'm not blaming the cops. I bet the cops are thinking the same thing I am.

That's just ridiculous. If you want to jog or take a stroll, there are plenty of places to do that around the city. That's what sidewalks are for. There's no reason not to let the kids play frisbee in the park.

I agree, they can take a walk anywhere.......

frisbee-toss-fail.jpg

I agree, they can take a walk anywhere.......

It used to be that you to the park to take the kids there and watch them play and get on well with other kids. Hell, it used to be that if mom and dad wanted to know where the kids were, they were somewhere at the park between the baseball diamond and the monkey bars.

Now it seems like the cities just beg for unruly kids by tossing them out of the one place that's meant for kids in the whole city.

I agree JM - I hate to say it, but I hope the kids continue to throw frisbee there......they need to get ALOT of people involved and show up at this council meeting and get the decision overturned. The more people they have the better chance they have, IMO.

I see nothing wrong with setting aside some parks for strollers, etc.

I grew up in the South, and at least in my part there were a lot of parks. Some are more conducive to one activity than another, and not all activities harmonize well together.

For those who think the strollers should just go somewhere else, remember they are much more likely to be the ones paying for the park than some snotty nosed punk kids.

Further a walk in a park is usually a far cry from a walk on city streets.

Last edited:
I see nothing wrong with setting aside some parks for strollers,etc.

I grew up in the South, and at least in my part there were a lot of parks. Some are more conducive to one activity than another, and not all activities harmonize well together.

for those who think the strollers should just go somewhere else, remember they are much more likely to be the ones paying for the park than some kids.

Further a walk in a park is usually a far cry from a walk on city streets.

Well this is true too......then they need more parks then.....

Oh my bad, I thought the title said "No Balls Allowed In Clinton Park" :doh

Well now I'm totally disinterested.

Oh my bad, I thought the title said "No Balls Allowed In Clinton Park" :doh

Well now I'm totally disinterested.

:rofl

Well at least the story had ya for a few seconds.....;)

Well this is true too......then they need more parks then.....
Naw. They need less kids. And even more, less free time for 'em.

My Dad thought that free time for kids meant unskilled labor he didn't have to pay for.

So here is my question why hasn't some bright Lawyer type point out to the Elected Idiots that they are in Violation of the 1st Adm. or am I the only one who is going what the hell you can't male laws like this in the United State's they don't stand up to the Bill of Rights nor the Pre Amble.

Hell if I lived in Canton GA. not only would I be out their with a bunch of Children I would make sure that the Police and every Media Outlet know it and I would also show up to the next Elected Idiotsd Meeting and tell them in very plain spoken words that if they think they can pass such a lwa with out me going to the US Supreme Court then they are nutts.

So here is my question why hasn't some bright Lawyer type point out to the Elected Idiots that they are in Violation of the 1st Adm. or am I the only one who is going what the hell you can't male laws like this in the United State's they don't stand up to the Bill of Rights nor the Pre Amble.

Hell if I lived in Canton GA. not only would I be out their with a bunch of Children I would make sure that the Police and every Media Outlet know it and I would also show up to the next Elected Idiotsd Meeting and tell them in very plain spoken words that if they think they can pass such a lwa with out me going to the US Supreme Court then they are nutts.

Dang, well said Scorpion, well said.........

Bunch of ^)(*)(%*)$(%*#$_)(*% :)

OMG, I ****ing L-O-V-E your signature now.

Put that baby into a macro for trade chat, you'll need it.

Code:
/2 |^^^^^^^^^^^\||____
| The STFU Truck |||""'|""\__,_
| _____________ l||__|__|__|)
|(@)@)"""""""**|(@)(@)**|(@)

Put the macro hot-key on any action bar.

Alternativly, your macro could be:
/e |^^^^^^^^^^^\||____
| The STFU Truck |||""'|""\__,_
| _____________ l||__|__|__|)
|(@)@)"""""""**|(@)(@)**|(@)
/s Honk honk!!
/dance

There's many others...I'll see if I still have some....

Last edited:

Whats screwy is that Canton is a small town.
It's a great place for families and all that.

Why they did this, I really don't understand.

Sounds like the town council has nothing better to do with themselves...

It's sad that the people have to suffer because of some worthless bureaucracy. Say hello to higher teen crime rates after this one.

Sounds like the town council has nothing better to do with themselves...

It's sad that the people have to suffer because of some worthless bureaucracy. Say hello to higher teen crime rates after this one.

It's a really nice town.

They just recently finished renovating an old multi level factory and made condo's or apartments out of them.

Back
Top Bottom