• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:279]NHL 2021

Flyers win first part of first period so far against Islanders.
Can they keep it up is the big question?

So far this year putting 60 good minutes in has been a task they’ve not accomplished very often.

Conner McDavid is good at the hockey.

Flyers win first part of first period so far against Islanders.
Can they keep it up is the big question?

So far this year putting 60 good minutes in has been a task they’ve not accomplished very often.

Islanders figured out how to play hockey in second period. Flyers figured out how to let them do so unimpeded.

Tied (and lucky for Flyers it’s still a tie) with 10-ish to go in third, but Islanders are swarming.

Islanders figured out how to play hockey in second period. Flyers figured out how to let them do so unimpeded.

Tied (and lucky for Flyers it’s still a tie) with 10-ish to go in third, but Islanders are swarming.

Getting outshot again... only 11 shots on goal halfway through the 3rd.

Freddy earned a point tonight on a fantastic save on a break away with seconds to go in the third.

So far great road trip.

Getting seven out of eight points in Alberta is pretty good, particularly since Calgary, after losing two straight to the Leafs at home went into Montreal and shut out the Canadiens 2-0.

Not sure it will last, but also pretty good to see that the seven Canadian teams, staying in Canada, have managed to play the first month of the season with no COVID issues and no postponed games.

Ovie, Sid and Connor all scored overtime goals last night.

And McDavid's end to ender first goal was amazing. His ability to turbo boost and leave guys flat footed is unreal.

Hat trick for Farabee, 3 -1 Philly after 2.

Another OT after pissing away another 2 goal lead.

Edit OT loss.

Another OT after pissing away another 2 goal lead.

Edit OT loss.

Boston has the Flyer's number.
4 games, three times losing in third period, yet still have 4 wins.

Flyers are showing the world their weakness.

Thankfully Couturier is returning soon. Hopefully tomorrow.

Boston has the Flyer's number.
4 games, three times losing in third period, yet still have 4 wins.

Flyers are showing the world their weakness.

Thankfully Couturier is returning soon. Hopefully tomorrow.
Boston is just the better team at this point, not much else to say. During the Wednesday game they mentioned year in and year out Boston is one of the top teams in terms of both the power play and penalty kill efficiency. . Consistency matters, both team and organizational wise for continued success. Not sure what it's going to take for Philly to put it all together and win another Stanley Cup.

Looking forward to seeing the game on NBC tomorrow. Go Flyers!

Also, on the Wednesday broadcast they mentioned Montreal already has 6 shorthanded goals. Lol Boston was next with 2.

Interesting, to me, that in three of the four new divisions established this year the first place team is a former member of the Atlantic Division. Toronto, Boston, and Tampa Bay all lead their new divisions - just proves to me that the old Atlantic division was the toughest one in the NHL and one of the reasons the Leafs had a tough time winning it. Still early and this may change, but so far it's pretty telling.

At minimum - next three Flyers games postponed - Covid :mad:

Yea it sucks. Isles / Buffalo was postponed. Nice win against the Rags last night. Varly and the 4th line were superb. Looking forward to a rematch with Philly.

Fortunately, none of the Canadian teams have had any issues, to date.

Big home and home for Leafs against the Canadiens starting tonight - unfortunately, Simmons suffered a fluke broken wrist and is out for six weeks - he's having a good start to the season, particularly on the PP, but hopefully he'll be back when it counts.

Your Flyers could be running away with their division even if they only played the Bruins even in those four games. I think this is their year to break through.

Your Flyers could be running away with their division even if they only played the Bruins even in those four games. I think this is their year to break through.

I will NOT allow you to fill my head with hopes and fantasies so early in the season.

I just won’t.:unsure:

My Yotes getting ready to play the Blues for the 5th time in a row.

Back
Top Bottom