• We will be taking the forum down for maintenance at [5:15 am CDT] - in 15 minutes. We should be down less than 1 hour.
  • This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

NHL 2021-22

Panthers???? :oops:

Damn....😠
They have to wake up. And it may be too late even if they do now.

Anyone else excited for the battle of Alberta game tonight? I knew the series was going to be exciting....but nothing like this.

Hurricanes up 2-0. @tres borrachos you’re very quiet ….

Panthers in a must-win situation tonight or they’re toast.

GO PANTHERS GO!!!!

Minor correction: Panthers play tomorrow, not tonight. Yes, I really am that annoyingly anal.
Oh damn…I guess that long trip from Florida to Florida demands an extra day.

Thanks for update.

Hope the extra day allows Panthers to “fix“ their shit-awful power play.

Tampa just blocking damn near every shot, and Vasileski stopping the rest.

Edit: and yes, I know I probably spelled his name wrong, too lazy to look up the right spelling.

Hat trick(a natural one!) for Kane, in what has maybe been the most one sided game of the playoffs so far.

Can Florida Panthers avoid being swept????

We shall see shortly I guess.

broom-sweep.gif

So are the panthers just that bad or Lightning just that good?
In 2019 the Tampa Bay Lightening were the number one seed in the league. Presidents Trophy winners. Just like Panthers were this year.
In 2019 the Lightening got swept out of playoffs in first round by the 8th seeded Blue Jackets.

This year the Panthers powerplay just died and left them all out to dry. That's what ultimately buried them in my opinion.

Lightening are very very good.
Panthers are good, but just not as playoff mature as the Lightening. At least not yet.

I wouldn't call the Panthers "that bad", and yes, the Lightening are "that good".

Hopefully the Hurrricanes have an answer to Vasilevskiy. (or perhaps, but I doubt it - The Rangers)

I do now feel that whoever wins the West, will win the SC, but we shall see.

So are the panthers just that bad or Lightning just that good?
It was Vasilevskiy. He faced 153 shots from Florida, and stopped 150, for a save percentage of .980. That is just insanely good. Florida laid an egg in the first game, but played really well after, but Vasilevskiy was shut them down. He is probably in second for the Conn Smythe right now after only McDavid.

Sorry for my own little side-distraction from REAL hockey:

https://www.nhl.com/news/john-tortorella-interviews-to-be-next-philadelphia-flyers-coach/c-334293996

Tortorella interviews to be next Flyers coach​

Might be an interesting fit. The extremely emotional, prone to fits of rage style of coaching might be what the Flyers need.

Problem is, the issues with the entire organization appear to be so DEEP I'm not sure things can be fixed regardless of the coach.
I think the ownership, and on down the corporate ladder needs to change before anything on the actual ice can get better.

But I guess we'll see.

@tres borrachos

6 games or 7?

Rangers or Hurricanes?

Igor seems to have found his stride.

Where are you????

Rangers in 6! Igor is on fire - much better than he was against the dirty Pens.

Can't wait for tonight. Work has kept me busy so I haven't been on since early last week.

Well, it is about that time, with training camps and prospect tournaments in just a couple weeks.

Can Tampa 3peat? How will Seattle do? How dramatically does Toronto disappoint their fans? Will this be the year Pittsburgh or Boston miss the playoffs and have to start a rebuild? Where will Eichel play this year?

Hockey is a what keeps Canadians and US border states from hibernating in the winter. It's a sacred winter rite. If your town never gets below 40 in the winter you don't get to buy a hockey team. It requires ice, ferchrisake.

Hockey is a what keeps Canadians and US border states from hibernating in the winter. It's a sacred winter rite. If your town never gets below 40 in the winter you don't get to buy a hockey team. It requires ice, ferchrisake.
This is why Tampa is my last pick to win the Cup, and Florida was my second-to-last.

What kind of nonsense is that?

Sour grapes perhaps?
I laugh my ass off every time a Canadian hockey team fails to win the Stanley Cup. Even better when they fail to make playoffs at all.
Montreal being dead last in the NHL this year is hilarious.

I might not be laughing this year as Edmonton might get the SC, but we shall see.
Lots of hockey left to play.

Got to feel bad for the goalies in the battle of Alberta series. Just no chance..,

Edmonton advances.

Colorado advances. Edmonton at Colorado begins Monday, and right now, I got no idea who might win. AVs are the real deal, but damn, that top line in Edmonton is good.

Rangers go through.

Back
Top Bottom