• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Newt Gingrich prediction: Biden-Harris ticket will collapse between now and election

I thought the part where Trump let 170k Americans die of a preventable virus and made all of our passports useless so we can’t even escape this failed state was kinda off.

This thread is about Biden and his candidacy and ticket. Find one of the many threads on how Trump is killing Americans and post about that there.

Did you read the linked article? Gingrich lists six turn-off issues for voters. Here are #4 and #5:

4. Biden’s commitment to Beto O’Rourke that he could pursue gun control (recall, O’Rourke wants compulsory confiscation going door-to-door) will alienate virtually all Second Amendment supporters.

5. The Democratic mayors and district attorneys (many elected with George Soros’ money) represent a pro-criminal future that is exploding into violence. As Democrats continue to publicly praise soft on crime prosecutors and cry “defund the police,” the choice in November will become pro-police vs. pro-criminal, and there is a huge majority against violence. Newt Gingrich: Biden-Harris ticket will collapse between now and election due to these 3 factors | Fox News

Do you really think Gingrich is wrong about these? Really?

It's true that a lot of the old rules don't apply anymore. Biden/Harris not doing any in-person campaigning is the biggest difference. Can you even win with a modern front-porch campaign? Who knows? But I don't see Biden and Harris staying at their current levels of excitement, which frankly is at historic lows even among Democrats.

In any case, the GOP will have its convention next week. They will get a bump which may or may continue going forward.

I’m not too concerned about Biden’s enthusiasm levels. This is a change election, a referendum on Trump. There is a super majority in the country dedicated to defeating Trump that spans right and left.

All this focus on what the guy with the giant lead needs to do when the GOP is being crushed is interesting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have to ask: When was the last time Newt Gingrich was relevant? This would be like me posting that David Hampton Pryor says that Trump is doomed.

Our current politics are the end result of the Gingrich Doctrine.

All that cognitive linguistic stuff modern conservatism relies on and also the "liberals are all enemies of America" bull**** all started with him.

It is an area of great study in political history. A sea change in our politics and discourse.

The genesis of our current divide.

**** Newt Gingrich. With the horse he rode in on.

Our current politics are the end result of the Gingrich Doctrine.

All that cognitive linguistic stuff modern conservatism relies on and also the "liberals are all enemies of America" bull**** all started with him.

It is an area of great study in political history. A sea change in our politics and discourse.

The genesis of our current divide.

**** Newt Gingrich. With the horse he rode in on.

Gonna argue that it started with Reagan. But yes.

And these three were the only Dems who ever won the POTUS race since LBJ, because they were unknowns. The established Dems like Kerry, Gore, etc. didnt win.

This is what we are both getting at, Democrats had a route to the national scene for a candidate.

Insider party shenanigans, party faction fights, and the aristocratic intentions from relics of the party have taken over.

No ****ing wonder this nation put Trump in office... "what difference, at this point, does it make?!?!"

This thread is about Biden and his candidacy and ticket. Find one of the many threads on how Trump is killing Americans and post about that there.

Did you read the linked article? Gingrich lists six turn-off issues for voters. Here are #4 and #5:

4. Biden’s commitment to Beto O’Rourke that he could pursue gun control (recall, O’Rourke wants compulsory confiscation going door-to-door) will alienate virtually all Second Amendment supporters.

5. The Democratic mayors and district attorneys (many elected with George Soros’ money) represent a pro-criminal future that is exploding into violence. As Democrats continue to publicly praise soft on crime prosecutors and cry “defund the police,” the choice in November will become pro-police vs. pro-criminal, and there is a huge majority against violence. Newt Gingrich: Biden-Harris ticket will collapse between now and election due to these 3 factors | Fox News

Do you really think Gingrich is wrong about these? Really?

Of course I do. Newt Gingrish is an ancient lunatic completely out of touch with the country. That’s why I brought up Trump’s catastrophic mishandling of covid. The idea that something a Trump crony pretends matters while people are sick, dying and out of work is a joke.

Trump-Pence already has collapsed. What does Newt suggest they do to fix that?

So what do you think of the GOP ad's comparison of Biden then and Biden in recent months?

There's one of trump that they don't know they did.

Where he obviously declined rapidly between segments, with that change carrying up to the present.

It may not be too good an idea to point out mental decline.

trump isn't the man he used to be either

I need to find that pro-trump video with all his mentions of wanting to be president.

The transition from rambling-but-bringing-it-back-around-to-his-point to losing-his-train-of-rhought-and-not-bringing-it-back-around is abrupt and obvious.

Y'all just don't see it because he has learned to spit some red meat every time it happens so y'all are too busy salivating to notice. (Now you won't be able to not see this the next time he does it!)

Your first mistake is in assuming that I am a part of any "y'all." Your second is in being insulting. But thank you because now I know how to respond to your posts in this thread. ;)

This is what we are both getting at, Democrats had a route to the national scene for a candidate.

Insider party shenanigans, party faction fights, and the aristocratic intentions from relics of the party have taken over.

No ****ing wonder this nation put Trump in office... "what difference, at this point, does it make?!?!"

The nation didn’t put Trump in office, the nation picked HIllary Clinton. ;)

Does his being "irrelevant" to you make his analysis, given his political experience and historical background, not interesting?

He is in large part why we are where we are.

Before him, congress felt a law passed along partisan lines was a failure. That bills needed to be at least partly bipartisan. They compromised.

Gingrich ended that in favor of scorched earth and propaganda.

It's true that a lot of the old rules don't apply anymore. Biden/Harris not doing any in-person campaigning is the biggest difference. Can you even win with a modern front-porch campaign? Who knows? But I don't see Biden and Harris staying at their current levels of excitement, which frankly is at historic lows even among Democrats.

In any case, the GOP will have its convention next week. They will get a bump which may or may continue going forward.

• Chart: Party Affiliation Sees Massive Shift | Statista

Many Republicans are ashamed of their party and ashamed of their evil, hateful President.

That's why Republicans are leaving the party in droves.

affiliation.jpg

It's shameful to be a member of a party that enjoys kidnapping children from their parents at the border and tries to suppress the votes of Americans.

There is no pride or enthusiasm in having an evil person lead your party.

The nation didn’t put Trump in office, the nation picked HIllary Clinton. ;)

We'll reserve the popular vote vs. electoral college for another thread (which would be the umpteenth time we have been down that debate rabbit hole.)

For now the point stands, Trump is the 45th President and pulling the 'west and northeast did not want him' is meaningless to this debate we are having now.

lol Gingrich.

I will have an autographed photo of him from back in the mid 90's. I was still in my hardcore GOP fanboy stage then.

But I don't think the ticket will fall apart. The "real fun" starts now though, and both Biden and Trump have cognitive problems. This is the 2020 Geriatrics Election, God have mercy on the Republic.

An autographed photo... that’s funny

Perhaps if Candidate Biden leaves his basement more frequently to hit the campaign trail, those numbers will change.

What campaign trail? Trump's America isn't one in which large events and social interactions are possible.

We'll reserve the popular vote vs. electoral college for another thread (which would be the umpteenth time we have been down that debate rabbit hole.)

For now the point stands, Trump is the 45th President and pulling the 'west and northeast did not want him' is meaningless to this debate we are having now.

Of course it’s not meaningless. The sentiment that existed in 2016 when he backed into the WH as one of the most unpopular candidates in history rolled into a midterm shellacking for the GOP.

A few dirt patches wanting the Dumb Guy in 2016 is not reflective of where the country’s sentiment is, which is Germane to the thread.

What campaign trail? Trump's American isn't one in which large events and social interactions are possible.

^^^ He's right, you know.

I’m not too concerned about Biden’s enthusiasm levels. This is a change election, a referendum on Trump. There is a super majority in the country dedicated to defeating Trump that spans right and left.

All this focus on what the guy with the giant lead needs to do when the GOP is being crushed is interesting.

Well that's the big question. Will "I'm not Trump" work for as Biden's main of not sole campaign promise? He's not out stumping or holding pressers or doing much of anything that involves him being put on the spot. I think Biden's playing a "not to lose" strategy is risky.

The debates will be interesting - assuming Biden doesn't pass on that too.

• Chart: Party Affiliation Sees Massive Shift | Statista

Many Republicans are ashamed of their party and ashamed of their evil, hateful President.

That's why Republicans are leaving the party in droves.

View attachment 67292000

It's shameful to be a member of a party that enjoys kidnapping children from their parents at the border and tries to suppress the votes of Americans.

There is no pride or enthusiasm in having an evil person lead your party.

Almost every conservative I see calls themselves an "independent".

Can't say as I blame them. I wouldn't want people knowing I supported someone like Trump.

Well that's the big question. Will "I'm not Trump" work for as Biden's main of not sole campaign promise? He's not out stumping or holding pressers or doing much of anything that involves him being put on the spot. I think Biden's playing a "not to lose" strategy is risky.

Stumping where? There's a pandemic on.

Your first mistake is in assuming that I am a part of any "y'all." Your second is in being insulting. But thank you because now I know how to respond to your posts in this thread. ;)

"Y'all" is anyone wwho sees decline in Biden but not in trump.

And I would prefer a senile nice guy to a senile self absorbed asshole every day of the week.

I don’t understand your framing. Biden’s website has a number of detailed policy proposals. Trump hasn’t as of yet been able to articulate a 2nd term agenda other than cutting social security and medicare. Also, of course “not Trump” can work. He’s the incumbent during a change election. He has a track record now that he has to own.

I don’t know why you guys keep setting the debate expectations as Biden will eeither duck or drool all over the mic. The first debate will be Trump fighting with the moderators anyway, Biden won’t have to do much.

I don’t understand your framing. Biden’s website has a number of detailed policy proposals. Trump hasn’t as of yet been able to articulate a 2nd term agenda other than cutting social security and medicare. Also, of course “not Trump” can work. He’s the incumbent during a change election. He has a track record now that he has to own.

I don’t know why you guys keep setting the debate expectations as Biden will eeither duck or drool all over the mic. The first debate will be Trump fighting with the moderators anyway, Biden won’t have to do much.

It seems to me that Biden is running a very defensive campaign. Which may work for him. Like you say the rules have changed.

I hope and think Biden will be at the debates and they will be epic in a way past debates have not been. They won't change anyone's minds but they will be interesting to see Biden in a non-sycophantic environment for once.

It seems to me that Biden is running a very defensive campaign. Which may work for him. Like you say the rules have changed.

I hope and think Biden will be at the debates and they will be epic in a way past debates have not been. They won't change anyone's minds but they will be interesting to see Biden in a non-sycophantic environment for once.

I don’t know how much we’ll be able to glean from Biden at the debates. He’ll be debating someone who said a cognitive test was super hard.

Back
Top Bottom