• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Newt Gingrich prediction: Biden-Harris ticket will collapse between now and election

I don’t know how much we’ll be able to glean from Biden at the debates. He’ll be debating someone who said a cognitive test was super hard.

LOL. At least Trump took a cognitive test. Biden lost it and made an angry racist comment to a black reporter who dared to ask if he'd take one.

LOL. At least Trump took a cognitive test. Biden lost it and made an angry racist comment to a black reporter who dared to ask if he'd take one.

Trump’s entire brand is racist comments.

And failing cognitive tests.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So what do you think of the GOP ad's comparison of Biden then and Biden in recent months?

i don't put much stock in political adds from either candidate. We know they are slanted to make the opponent look bad.

It is easy to see the flaws in attack adds. I prefer adds that present what the person wants to accomplish.

Trump’s entire brand is racist comments.

And failing cognitive tests.

Trump is not a racist and he didn't fail his cognitive test. Bored now.

Gingrich says that the Biden campaign will "​move into the 1972 George McGovern range of isolation from the American people" and that only his physical isolation over the past few months has slowed this isolation. He cites Rasmussen Reports:

Chris Wallace captured the absurdity of a presidential candidate trying to hide his way to the White House with a “basement strategy,” when he told Guy Benson, “It’s the damnedest thing I’ve ever seen.”
And, in a more recent report, Rasmussen Reports said 59% of likely voters believe Biden’s vice-presidential choice will become president during the next four years. That included 49% of Democrats, 57% of independents, and 73% of Republicans.

When nearly six out of every ten Americans think you are not likely to finish a four-year term, it is hardly an endorsement of your fitness. The more Biden has to campaign and actually appear in uncontrolled environments, the bigger this problem will become. Newt Gingrich: Biden-Harris ticket will collapse between now and election due to these 3 factors | Fox News

I do think that Biden appears to be in decline. The GOP is exploiting this:

Newt, who?

Trump is not a racist and he didn't fail his cognitive test. Bored now.

He started his real estate career being sued by the DOJ for discriminating against Black renters. He started his political career on birtherism, which he unsuccessfully tried to resurrect against Kamala Harris.

And we have no proof he passed the test. By his own words his doctors were “amazed” and he found the test hard. It is what it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Newt, who?

Surprising you don't recall someone with a nickname like that. You know, the history professor, former Whip, speaker of the House, and Presidential candidate in 2012 and author of at least 20 books?

lol Gingrich.

I will have an autographed photo of him from back in the mid 90's. I was still in my hardcore GOP fanboy stage then.

But I don't think the ticket will fall apart. The "real fun" starts now though, and both Biden and Trump have cognitive problems. This is the 2020 Geriatrics Election, God have mercy on the Republic.

Gingrich's radical politics is a large reason why the GOP is currently being led by a Reality T.V. Star today.

I don't know about collapse, but this week will be the high-water mark for Biden and Harris. The week of the convention always is.

It's all downhill from here.

Biden's lead has been extremely consistent since May.

Trump probably reached his "high water mark" in March, and has gone down hill since.

Surprising you don't recall someone with a nickname like that. You know, the history professor, former Whip, speaker of the House, and Presidential candidate in 2012 and author of at least 20 books?

I know exactly who he is.;)

He's acting as if Biden just randomly surged in the polls because of the Convention. He has consistently held steady for months. People have already decided who they are going to vote for.

Do any Trump voters think there is anything Biden could say in a debate to make them vote against Trump? I doubt it.

There is nothing Trump could say that would make me vote for Trump.

Trump is not going to win over Clinton voters, all Biden has to do is win over previous Trump voters.... and maybe not even that. Every day a new young person turns 18 years old and is eligible to vote, and another older Conservative passes away. You cannot replenish old white voters fast enough. Biden leads with 18-35 year olds. Trump has lost his lead with the 65+ voters. I think Trump is toast.

He's acting as if Biden just randomly surged in the polls because of the Convention. He has consistently held steady for months. People have already decided who they are going to vote for.

Do any Trump voters think there is anything Biden could say in a debate to make them vote against Trump? I doubt it.

There is nothing Trump could say that would make me vote for Trump.

Trump is not going to win over Clinton voters, all Biden has to do is win over previous Trump voters.... and maybe not even that. Every day a new young person turns 18 years old and is eligible to vote, and another older Conservative passes away. You cannot replenish old white voters fast enough. Biden leads with 18-35 year olds. Trump has lost his lead with the 65+ voters. I think Trump is toast.

Biden doesn't need to win over any 2016 Trump voters. I mean if he wins some, great, but he doesn't need to.

Biden needs to win Independents, 2016 third party voters, and "undecided/hate both candidates" voters. Independents and undecideds went to Trump in 2016, and this year they appear to be leaning towards Biden, as well as 2016 third party voters if polls are accurate.

Also, one of the big reasons why Clinton lost was lower minority, especially black, turn out in key swing states that gave Trump the election. Trump even acknowledged this four years ago when he "thanked" black people for putting him into office.

If Biden could even get half of those 4.4. million 2012 Obama voters (mostly black), who stood home in 2016, to vote for him this time around, he wins.

Perhaps if Candidate Biden leaves his basement more frequently to hit the campaign trail, those numbers will change.

You mean Biden should put his voters in jeopardy as Trump has?

Our next potus isn’t that dumb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are basements equivalent of bunkers?

Gingrich says that the Biden campaign will "​move into the 1972 George McGovern range of isolation from the American people" and that only his physical isolation over the past few months has slowed this isolation. He cites Rasmussen Reports:

Chris Wallace captured the absurdity of a presidential candidate trying to hide his way to the White House with a “basement strategy,” when he told Guy Benson, “It’s the damnedest thing I’ve ever seen.”
And, in a more recent report, Rasmussen Reports said 59% of likely voters believe Biden’s vice-presidential choice will become president during the next four years. That included 49% of Democrats, 57% of independents, and 73% of Republicans.

When nearly six out of every ten Americans think you are not likely to finish a four-year term, it is hardly an endorsement of your fitness. The more Biden has to campaign and actually appear in uncontrolled environments, the bigger this problem will become. Newt Gingrich: Biden-Harris ticket will collapse between now and election due to these 3 factors | Fox News

Biden’s doing what should be done during a pandemic...attempting to minimize the danger of virus spreading to the American public.

Trump is doing the opposite...putting the American public at greater risk by holding rallies where people are encouraged to gather closely together. Trump also does this in a selfish way because he believes that the constant testing of anyone who is allowed to get near him will keep him safe.

Biden’s doing what should be done during a pandemic...attempting to minimize the danger of virus spreading to the American public.

Trump is doing the opposite...putting the American public at greater risk by holding rallies where people are encouraged to gather closely together. Trump also does this in a selfish way because he believes that the constant testing of anyone who is allowed to get near him will keep him safe.

I have never mentioned Biden holding rallies.

I have never mentioned Biden holding rallies.

Read my response again. I never said you did. Your post mentions Biden’s “basement” strategy in a negative way. My post explains that in a pandemic that’s a great strategy because it keeps everyone safe. It’s also effective in today’s world where you can connect easily and quickly to many more people than you would using traditional methods.

Trump on the other hand is still trying to run around the country to crowds packed close together putting people at risk just so he can hear the adoration of the crowds.

Well that's the big question. Will "I'm not Trump" work for as Biden's main of not sole campaign promise? He's not out stumping or holding pressers or doing much of anything that involves him being put on the spot. I think Biden's playing a "not to lose" strategy is risky.

The debates will be interesting - assuming Biden doesn't pass on that too.

Trump’s campaign promises aren’t that great either:
b678e2d48b410ef28fb4a0d925c8d1c1.jpg

Read my response again. I never said you did. Your post mentions Biden’s “basement” strategy in a negative way. My post explains that in a pandemic that’s a great strategy because it keeps everyone safe. It’s also effective in today’s world where you can connect easily and quickly to many more people than you would using traditional methods.

Trump on the other hand is still trying to run around the country to crowds packed close together putting people at risk just so he can hear the adoration of the crowds.

And so you can hear it too.

And whether it's fools protesting in the streets or gathering at rallies, you can't fix this. But whether Trump holds rallies or not, Biden needs to come out of his basement (despite what the fishwrap of record, the NY Times, advises). He needs to show the voting public that he's mentally sharp and capable of being a world leader.

Biden is doing what all normal Americans are doing: taking precautions because the sitting president has left us as a viral failed state.

Besides, Trump is walking around (barely) insisting his cognitive test was super hard.

If our trash collectors, mail persons, grocery clerks and all manner of employed individuals can get out of their homes and work every damn day since covid came to my state via NY via China, the sure as **** Biden can get the **** out of his basement to do the job of campaigning for POTUS.
Who ya kiddin?
Taking precautions:roll:
Somehow, millions of Americans have done just that, AND managed to fulfill their adult duties.
But let's give the guy who wants to be President a pass.

Newt Gangrene and Faux Noose -

All you need to knew about "newt":

The Inner Quest Of Newt Gingrich | The Long March Of Newt Gingrich | FRONTLINE | PBS

Why is it that Republicans are all about a person's character as long a it's not their own?

Newt, contract with America and a lot of fluff since. Forgetatboutit

And so you can hear it too.

And whether it's fools protesting in the streets or gathering at rallies, you can't fix this. But whether Trump holds rallies or not, Biden needs to come out of his basement (despite what the fishwrap of record, the NY Times, advises). He needs to show the voting public that he's mentally sharp and capable of being a world leader.

Biden is hiding. He is not taking "precautions". He is using covid as an excuse, an aegis against the full-on scrutiny of the press, of Republicans and of American citizens, in the hopes he can stay in the shadows while the Democrats and legacy media fight, and campaign, for him.

Back
Top Bottom