• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

New Yorker Hosts Activist Calling for 'Sabotage' of Things Contributing to Climate Change

Schism

Destroyer of Propaganda
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
New Yorker Hosts Activist Calling for 'Sabotage' of Things Contributing to Climate Change
Environmental activist and professor Andreas Malm during an appearance on The New Yorker's podcast called for "intelligent sabotage" of things contributing to climate change.

In the episode titled "How to Blow Up a Pipeline" published Friday, Malm says, "if people in that region were to attack the construction equipment or blow up the pipeline before it's completed, I would be all in favor of that. I don't see how that property damage could be considered morally illegitimate given what we know of the consequence of such projects."

Malm, a professor from Lund University in Sweden, at one point mentioned that "a call for escalation, a call for the movement to diversify its tactics and move away from an exclusive focus on polite, gentle and perfectly peaceful civil disobedience" should be emphasized in the environmentalism movement.

"I am recommending that the movement continues with mass action and civil disobedience, but also opens up for property destruction."

A liberal activist openly advocating property damage and sabotage.

It sounds like terrorism to me. It's something Hamas or Al-Qaeda would say.

A Republican in Virginia wants to audit all 50 states election results. And..........

Audit all 50 states. Arrest all involved. Try all involved. Convict all involved. Execute all involved.

Kill anyone involved in any fraud...

I bet he's pro-life and family values too... Lol

Point is clean up your own vile, vicious, violent house before you point fingers..

A Republican in Virginia wants to audit all 50 states election results. And..........

Audit all 50 states. Arrest all involved. Try all involved. Convict all involved. Execute all involved.

Kill anyone involved in any fraud...

I bet he's pro-life and family values too... Lol

Point is clean up your own vile, vicious, violent house before you point fingers..

Whataboutism at it's finest!

Whataboutism at it's finest!
Not really. The gop has moved faaaaar to the right, and as it has become more violent..

If you want to be taken seriously about other groups calling for violence fix your own house 1st...

Well we'll disagree to disagree.

My point is take care of your own violent behavior and rhetoric before you (general you) worry about others..
Still whataboutism!

Back
Top Bottom