• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

New York times times: in congress gridlock and harsh consequnces

Good point, that was a little off topic.

I agree, how can you trust a 3rd party when they have little to know track record. It is easy to go with the vanilla and vanilla bean we have had for so long.

It's easy, but has been proven time and time again to be just the status quo. So if people want the same thing each term, keep electing Dem/Rep. It's funny to hear people complain about the presidents and politicians, but each time there is a chance for a change, people vote the status quo Dem/Rep. People get the government they deserve.

How's that hoping and praying been working out for you and the country so far? If people want the status quo, keep electing Dem/Rep. If they want something different, try something different like electing third party. Nuff said.

Useless to do so. Yes folks want something different, but not just any sort of different. The different they want is they want their reps/senators to keep their campaign promises after elected. They don't want what the third parties are selling in the first place. They do want what the majors are selling - they just want what they bought and not the substitute they get once the critter is elected.

Useless to do so. Yes folks want something different, but not just any sort of different. The different they want is they want their reps/senators to keep their campaign promises after elected. They don't want what the third parties are selling in the first place. They do want what the majors are selling - they just want what they bought and not the substitute they get once the critter is elected.

Well they aren't going to get it. So quite simply, want the status quo, keep electing Dem/Reps. You get the government you deserve that way.

It's easy, but has been proven time and time again to be just the status quo. So if people want the same thing each term, keep electing Dem/Rep. It's funny to hear people complain about the presidents and politicians, but each time there is a chance for a change, people vote the status quo Dem/Rep. People get the government they deserve.

I personally have stopped voting dem/rep. I am also involved in my local organization. I believe people find it very hard to break away from the status quo.

Well they aren't going to get it. So quite simply, want the status quo, keep electing Dem/Reps. You get the government you deserve that way.

We aren't going to get what we want electing the third party candidates either. Again, we don't want what they're selling in the first place.

Maybe you can get it this way. Let's say I like to give the iPod touch out as a gift, and I give a lot of gifts. Let's also say there are only two places I can buy from. One place takes my order for the iPod touch and six times out of ten ships me an iPod nano instead. The other place only sells the Zune.

Place one is the majors, place two represents third parties. With the third parties it doesn't matter if they do keep their campaign promises because it's not what we wanted in the first place. At least the others folks know what we want, even if they don't deliver much.

At least the others folks know what we want, even if they don't deliver much.

So the best choice isn't to go with 3rd parties with whom you haven't given a shot with, the best choice is to go with the people that lie to you and are only interested in telling you things you WANT to hear but never delivering and just padding their wallets instead. Got it. Good plan there :roll:

Sorry, don't know what to tell you. You must like the status quo then is all I can think of.

i don't think so. people are suffering because of congress's inaction.

take what happened after the farm bill failed.

No company should get tax payer dollars.I could care less what tariffs another country imposes on our products.

No company should get tax payer dollars.I could care less what tariffs another country imposes on our products.

You should care. It affects the balance of trade and our negative balance of trade is what, in my opinion, caused the lousy economy we face today. I agree that there is no room for government subsidies of business.

Back
Top Bottom