• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

New report on Russian disinformation, prepared for the Senate, shows the operation’s scale and sweep

Hey Republicans were going to vote for him anyway it was Democrats that jumped ship that got him elected. :lol:

So republicans are auto-bot lemmings?

Because Russia couldn't be using disinformation, giving up a little to get a lot. That would be cheating. :roll:

What are you talking about ?? What is Russian getting a lot of ??

So just to be clear, what you're saying is that there's zero proof that Russian's disinformation campaign did not influence voters?

So, you are saying that there are no illegal voters? What the hell difference does any of it make if no election results changed? Influencing is not changing. The US has tried to influence election results in other countries for decades, if not centuries.

And there is zero proof that when Anheuser-Busch spends $6 million on a thirty second ad during the Super Bowl it sells even a single can of beer. Yet, they continue to buy those expensive ads year after year. I'll bet the Russians also consider their money well spent.

Yeah, it's all just marketing, and everyone knows marketing has no effect whatsoever on buying habits or election results. That's why Apple and the Koch brothers spend their money on these useless endeavors.

Once again, there is no proof that anything the Russians did changed election results.

So, you are saying that there are no illegal voters?

Well there's certainly illegal ballot harvesting, as Republicans demonstrated in North Carolina.

What the hell difference does any of it make if no election results changed? Influencing is not changing.

Cool. Write the RNC and tell them to suspend all political messaging immediately.

A useless report like that one provides nothing that hasn't already been known, however, the talk about a country trying to meddle in an election in another country has brought out a lot of information on US meddling in foreign elections. More people read what even some outlets of the MSM like the NYT have to say on US interference in foreign elections.

A report like the one mentioned in the OP will bring out a "(yawn), so what's new?" by conservatives, while liberals will have new bobble-head talk for about 3 days. (grin)
Enjoy the "newly-found evidence" of a nothingburger. :lol:

In the meantime, some info on US meddling:

"... MS-NBC constantly features as a contributing expert on Russia the former US ambassador to Moscow, Michael McFaul. However, McFaul never mentions how he funneled CIA cash – some $6.8 million in total – via the National Endowment for Democracy (NED) and its two branches, the International Republican Institute of the Republican Party and the National Democratic Institute of the Democratic Party, to Russian opposition leaders like Aleksei Navalny. Nor does the US media mention that the CIA and State Department funneled some $5 billion into Ukraine in order to bring about a pro-US government in that country. ..."

https://www.strategic-culture.org/n...reign-elections-cia-tradition-since-1948.html

Compared to that one, Russians buying some ads on American social media is a laughable "offense" ...
Do you believe the senate report from last spring? Or are you calling it spin?

Senate report: No evidence that Russians changed vote tallies in 2016
So in a thread about the Senate releasing information detailing the wide-ranging efforts to spin and deliberately spread disinformation, you two choose to post these two anti-American and pro-Russian comments.

Interesting that...

I know I, for one, am shocked.

So in a thread about the Senate releasing information detailing the wide-ranging efforts to spin and deliberately spread disinformation, you two choose to post these two anti-American and pro-Russian comments.

Interesting that...

I know I, for one, am shocked.

Don't make me laugh, sly ... :lol:

Well there's certainly illegal ballot harvesting, as Republicans demonstrated in North Carolina.

Cool. Write the RNC and tell them to suspend all political messaging immediately.

Funny thing is that if Trump pays off some bimbo to keep quiet it is called an illegal campaign contribution in order to influence the election but if the left leaning MSM (including SNL(AKA NBC)) or Hollywood tries to influence the election with nonstop anti-Trump behavior, the left doesn't call that an illegal campaign contribution in order to influence the election. That is the very definition of hypocrisy.

Hey Republicans were going to vote for him anyway it was Democrats that jumped ship that got him elected. :lol:

No, it was those swing voters in MI, PA, WI, etc... that got him elected. I never figured what they saw in him, other than the picture the Russians painted of him for them.

Funny thing is that if Trump pays off some bimbo to keep quiet it is called an illegal campaign contribution in order to influence the election but if the left leaning MSM (including SNL(AKA NBC)) or Hollywood tries to influence the election with nonstop anti-Trump behavior, the left doesn't call that an illegal campaign contribution in order to influence the election. That is the very definition of hypocrisy.

Wow, I can't believe you even ask this question. Hollywood and left leaning MSM are part of America. You may not like them, but they are Americans advocating for what they think is best for the country. Russia is a hostile foreign power. It does not have any intention of what is best for America.

Wow, I can't believe you even ask this question. Hollywood and left leaning MSM are part of America. You may not like them, but they are Americans advocating for what they think is best for the country. Russia is a hostile foreign power. It does not have any intention of what is best for America.

no surprise whatsoever
especially after seeing posts on these boards
so many are willing to put their political party before the best interests of the nation

Back
Top Bottom