• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

New Documents - Saddam hid WMD

KCConservative said:
Dearest kal-el,

Either provide your evidence that Fox "only proports what the White House tells them" or kindly refrain from uttering such foolish, rhetorical and slanderous comments.

Sorry, but I unsubscribed to this thread, because it didn't look upbeat.
http://www.fair.org/index.php?page=1067
http://www.slate.com/id/2119864/
http://lawgeek.typepad.com/lawgeek/2004/05/an_example_of_f.html
http://www.sentienttimes.com/04/aug_sept_04/fox_news.html
http://waldo.jaquith.org/blog/2005/03/fox-news-study/

I hope that's enough for you, if not, ask me and I'll provide more.:2razz:

Stinger said:
http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2005/11/16/122915.shtml

Citing new article in this weeks Weekly Standard

"Recently discovered Iraqi documents now being translated by U.S. intelligence analysts indicate that Saddam Hussein's government made extensive plans to hide Iraq's weapons of mass destruction before the U.S. invasion in March 2003 - and had deep ties to al Qaida before the 9/11 attacks."

Nothing those who have ignored the Democrat spin and actually read the evidence would be surprised about. But those who claim Bush lied and that Saddam was just a warm fuzzy fur ball should read this before they continue with their claims.

I knew this article was coming out on talk radio about 3 weeks ago. I forget the name who cited it.

Btw, kal-el fox and every other news org reports what they want. The white house does not repeat does not control them. That would mean we would be no different from germany. However, like kc said please submit proof for your claims or else concede please.

SKILMATIC said:
Btw, kal-el fox and every other news org reports what they want. The white house does not repeat does not control them. That would mean we would be no different from germany. However, like kc said please submit proof for your claims or else concede please.

Did you read the post above you? I cited 5 sources that say FOX news is radicalized. O, and here's another interesting tidbit:

The telling part of this story is that the call was made by John Ellis, a freelance political advisor contracted by Fox News to head their election night "decision desk." Ellis is also first cousin to George W. Bush and Florida governor John Ellis "Jeb" Bush

http://mediastudy.com/articles/jellis.html

kal-el said:
Did you read the post above you? I cited 5 sources that say FOX news is radicalized. O, and here's another interesting tidbit:

http://mediastudy.com/articles/jellis.html

Well thats kinda funny how do you explain the occurances for the tv adds that incinerated the Bush admin? It usually aired on CNN. O btw, there is one owner that owns both CNN and FOX.

SKILMATIC said:
Well thats kinda funny how do you explain the occurances for the tv adds that incinerated the Bush admin? It usually aired on CNN. O btw, there is one owner that owns both CNN and FOX.

I beg to differ. All the major news networks are owned by 3 companies, except FOX news. CNN is owned by Time Warner, FOX is owned by Rupert Murdoch:
http://www.stateofthenewsmedia.org/narrative_cabletv_ownership.asp?cat=5&media=5

And to your question, CNN isn't owned by FOX, has nothing to do with it. You don't see those adds on FOX, do you?

kal-el said:
I beg to differ. All the major news networks are owned by 3 companies, except FOX news. CNN is owned by Time Warner, FOX is owned by Rupert Murdoch:
http://www.stateofthenewsmedia.org/narrative_cabletv_ownership.asp?cat=5&media=5

And to your question, CNN isn't owned by FOX, has nothing to do with it. You don't see those adds on FOX, do you?

The media organizations in charge of vetting our images of war have become fewer and bigger — and the news more uniform and gung ho. Six huge corporations now control the major U.S. media: Rupert Murdoch's News Corporation (FOX, HarperCollins, New York Post, Weekly Standard, TV Guide, DirecTV and 35 TV stations), General Electric (NBC, CNBC, MSNBC, Telemundo, Bravo, Universal Pictures and 28 TV stations), Time Warner (AOL, CNN, Warner Bros., Time and its 130-plus magazines), Disney (ABC, Disney Channel, ESPN, 10 TV and 72 radio stations), Viacom (CBS, MTV, Nickelodeon, Paramount Pictures, Simon & Schuster and 183 U.S. radio stations), and Bertelsmann (Random House and its more than 120 imprints worldwide, and Gruner + Jahr and its more than 110 magazines in 10 countries).

Here it is. This still doesnt explain how come other media channels aired the same commercial including FOX. However, I will admit that I saw it more on CNN however FOX did air it. A matter a fact almost every media channel aired commercials on both sides of the spectrum to be fair.

Stinger said:
http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2005/11/16/122915.shtml

Citing new article in this weeks Weekly Standard

"Recently discovered Iraqi documents now being translated by U.S. intelligence analysts indicate that Saddam Hussein's government made extensive plans to hide Iraq's weapons of mass destruction before the U.S. invasion in March 2003 - and had deep ties to al Qaida before the 9/11 attacks."

Nothing those who have ignored the Democrat spin and actually read the evidence would be surprised about. But those who claim Bush lied and that Saddam was just a warm fuzzy fur ball should read this before they continue with their claims.

George Bush was looking for them in his oval office. Remember that?

During the annual Radio and Television Correspondents Dinner this week, Bush presented a slide show of quirky photographs from inside the White House. In one, the president is looking under furniture in the Oval Office.

"Those weapons of mass destruction have got to be somewhere," Bush joked. "Nope, no weapons over there ... maybe under here?" (Bush pokes fun at himself at dinner)

http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/03/26/bush.wmd.jokes/

Isn't our president great? We have soldiers dying in Iraq and he thinks it's cute to show him looking in his office for the WMDs. That is what they call compassionate conservatism.

It doesn't matter what evidence is found. We could find 20 nuclear silos in the western desert of Iraq, and people would still choose to despise anything from the Bush administration. Doing any different would make them have to face their own morality and intelligence.

Condemning war and wishing that we were not a part of it does nothing for the millions of Muslims in the Middle East who wish to wage war on the west that are determined to find favor from their God. It is stupid to pretend that you are not a part of a war on attrition while your enemy is killing you.

aps said:

During the annual Radio and Television Correspondents Dinner this week, Bush presented a slide show of quirky photographs from inside the White House. In one, the president is looking under furniture in the Oval Office.

"Those weapons of mass destruction have got to be somewhere," Bush joked. "Nope, no weapons over there ... maybe under here?" (Bush pokes fun at himself at dinner)

Isn't our president great? We have soldiers dying in Iraq and he thinks it's cute to show him looking in his office for the WMDs. That is what they call compassionate conservatism.

Yes...how dare he make a joke while troops are dying in Iraq. How dare any of us continue with our mundane lives and dare to smile occasionally while our troops are dying. Still lashing out by any means necessary? Still the drama queen.:roll:

GySgt said:
Yes...how dare he make a joke while troops are dying in Iraq. How dare any of us continue with our mundane lives and dare to smile occasionally while our troops are dying. Still lashing out by any means necessary? Still the drama queen.:roll:

OMG, GySgt, I cannot believe that you think this kind of joke is okay. Wow. You're worse than I thought you were.

I can already predict your reaction to the following set of facts:

(1) The Senate Intelligence Committee makes a determination that Bush exaggerated the intelligence.

GySgt's response: It's because a Clinton appointee provided him with the exaggerated intelligence.

(2) We lose the war in Iraq.

GySgt's response: It's the democrats' fault because they showed dissent to this war and this emboldened our enemies. It's all the democrats' fault! *jumps up and down with a frown on his face*

Am I right, or am I right? :2funny:

aps said:

Just incase you didnt know a war of attrition means you basically incompassitate them by wearing your enemy down by constant stress of putting pressure on them militarily.

aps said:
OMG, GySgt, I cannot believe that you think this kind of joke is okay. Wow. You're worse than I thought you were.

(1) The Senate Intelligence Committee makes a determination that Bush exaggerated the intelligence.

GySgt's response: It's because a Clinton appointee provided him with the exaggerated intelligence.

GySgt's response: It's the democrats' fault because they showed dissent to this war and this emboldened our enemies. It's all the democrats' fault! *jumps up and down with a frown on his face*

As usual. Your sentiments have provided you a path of foolishness. Wrong. I simply don't sweat non-factors. Your point 1 was stupid and your point 2 was just rediculous.

I have no doubt the intel was exxagerated to get us to the Middle East. I have never been under any false illusions. This comes from studying the region and reading books written by analysts. The need for change in the Middle East has been a notion touted around long before Bush entered the White House and if focusing on WMD got us there...so be it. I do not rely on others to tell me how to feel and what to believe. Crack a book.

...and how do we lose the war in Iraq? Any clue as to the great successes inside the country? Of course not....you haven't read about it on the Internet, nor are you interested. Any clue on the damage Al-Queda has sustained since 9/11? Any clue where we are battling Al-Queda and other extremist groups around the world where they are taking a beating? An Iraqi success or failure will be on the shoulders of the Iraqis. A failure will say far more about the Middle Eastern civilization than it does about U.S. military might. We gave them the bike to ride, now they have to take off the training wheels. If they succeed, our future security is on the right track. If they fail, then our future security will be that much harder to ensure. What are you praying for?

Last edited:
aps said:

Fisrt off gunny was being sarcastic. Second of all you are horrible at predictions, so I wouldn't lose your day job. Thirdly, have you not taken your head out of your puckered a$$? We are winning insurmountably in iraq and even politically too. Its a shame you mental disorders really like the US to fail miserably just because a mental disorder isnt in office. O btw, Happy Thanksgiving. Have you read the newsmax article yet? Read it and weep bud.

GySgt said:
Wrong. I simply don't sweat non-factors. Your point 1 was stupid and your point 2 was just rediculous.

I have no doubt the intel was exxagerated to get us to the Middle East. I have never been under any false illusions. This comes from studying the region and reading books written by analysts. The need for change in the Middle East has been a notion touted around long before Bush entered the White House and if focusing on WMD got us there...so be it. I do not rely on others to tell me how to feel and what to believe. Crack a book.

...and how do we lose the war in Iraq? Any clue as to the great successes inside the country? Of course not....you haven't read about it on the Internet, nor are you interested. Any clue on the damage Al-Queda has sustained since 9/11? Any clue where we are battling Al-Queda and other extremist groups around the world where they are taking a beating? An Iraqi success or failure will be on the shoulders of the Iraqis. A failure will say far more about the Middle Eastern civilization than it does about U.S. military might. We gave them the bike to ride, now they have to take off the training wheels.

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but names will never hurt me. :nahnah:

SKILMATIC said:
Fisrt off gunny was being sarcastic. Second of all you are horrible at predictions, so I wouldn't lose your day job. Thirdly, have you not taken your head out of your puckered a$$? We are winning insurmountably in iraq and even politically too. Its a shame you mental disorders really like the US to fail miserably just because a mental disorder isnt in office. O btw, Happy Thanksgiving. Have you read the newsmax article yet? Read it and weep bud.

Please see my post above.

P.S. Happy Thanksgiving to you as well. ;)

aps said:
Sticks and stones may break my bones, but names will never hurt me. :nahnah:

....and what name would that have been? More drama.:roll:

GySgt said:
....and what name would that have been? More drama.:roll:

See bold in my prior post. You were calling words/senarios I wrote "stupid" and you implied that I don't care to learn about certain subjects. I am sure you didn't those as compliments, right? Or is this how you come onto someone on a message board? *bats eyelashes*

aps said:
Please see my post above.

P.S. Happy Thanksgiving to you as well. ;)

I did thats what made me post. Reason being is because he knows himself they were there and something happened to them which is why newsmax brought the real proof out. However, mental disorders like yourself will never see past your lime light to understand really whats going on.

You guys make fun of buh constantly while soldiers are dying in iraq and we dont give you slack for it. But noooooooooooo when bush makes jokes about WMD's everyone has a hissy fit. You see the hpocrisy in your debate bud?

aps said:
See bold in my prior post. You were calling words/senarios I wrote "stupid" and you implied that I don't care to learn about certain subjects. I am sure you didn't those as compliments, right? Or is this how you come onto someone on a message board? *bats eyelashes*

I love it when mental disorders get debacled they change the subject matter at hand to something rediculous.

They lose in the WMD defense now they start talking about jokes. It is so very pitiful.

SKILMATIC said:
I did thats what made me post. Reason being is because he knows himself they were there and something happened to them which is why newsmax brought the real proof out. However, mental disorders like yourself will never see past your lime light to understand really whats going on.

You guys make fun of buh constantly while soldiers are dying in iraq and we dont give you slack for it. But noooooooooooo when bush makes jokes about WMD's everyone has a hissy fit. You see the hpocrisy in your debate bud?

Oh brother. You have no sense of humor, Skilmatic. Yeah yeah, I have a mental disorder.

By the way, who is "buh"? Sorry, but the comparison you give is ridiculous. What does attacking Bush (I am assuming that's who you meant) have to do with people dying in Iraq?

Skilmatic, if you go onto Google and do a search of "Bush WMD joke," you will find a multitude of websites because so many people found it in poor taste. If you think it's cute, I dare you to go to a home where a family member has died in Iraq and tell them that you thought Bush was sooooooooo cutesy when he made that comment.

I love it when mental disorders get debacled they change the subject matter at hand to something rediculous.

They lose in the WMD defense now they start talking about jokes. It is so very pitiful.

You talked about finding WMDs. I was just pointing out that at one time, Bush attempted to find them in his office. How is that changing the subject?

So what mental disorder do you think I have? I will wait with baited breath for you to diagnose me.

I'm sorry, where are those WMD? hiding in Untransalted papers? the 20 or so list that had uncorroborated, unverified and retracted stroies about WMD? I KNOW SoDamn Insane hid them in his Mustache with Osama and Waldo!

Oh brother. You have no sense of humor, Skilmatic.

Its really not a matter of having a sense of humor when you blantantly try to smear someone when he did nothing different than you liberals do on a day to day basis. Take a look around on this forum and you wil come across either a bush bashing post or a bush bashing pic fairly easily all while soldiers are dying in iraq. Good for you I hoep you are content with your blatant hypocrisy. O btw your bold word I meant to say Bush.

By the way, who is "buh"? Sorry, but the comparison you give is ridiculous. What does attacking Bush (I am assuming that's who you meant) have to do with people dying in Iraq?

This is exactly what it is. I love how you debacle yourselves in your own argument. I am getting so dam good at this. Ineed to debate you more often. :2wave:

Skilmatic, if you go onto Google and do a search of "Bush WMD joke," you will find a multitude of websites because so many people found it in poor taste. If you think it's cute, I dare you to go to a home where a family member has died in Iraq and tell them that you thought Bush was sooooooooo cutesy when he made that comment.

And mental disorders are so cutesy when they make 100times more jokes and 100times more bashing pictures. I love the hypocrisy keep it coming.

You talked about finding WMDs. I was just pointing out that at one time, Bush attempted to find them in his office. How is that changing the subject?

You changed the subject because it was a joke not an actual thing. And besides looking for WMD's and talking about they are already found are 2 separate entities. Please understand that we have finally found out what happened to them. :2wave:

So what mental disorder do you think I have? I will wait with baited breath for you to diagnose me.

Liberalsim. I can cure you but you need to want help first. The first step to recovery is admit that you have a maental disorder and then its the eagerness to want help.

libertarian_knight said:
I'm sorry, where are those WMD? hiding in Untransalted papers? the 20 or so list that had uncorroborated, unverified and retracted stroies about WMD? I KNOW SoDamn Insane hid them in his Mustache with Osama and Waldo!

Yeah its funny how you liberals can make jokes about WMD's but other people cant and when ones does liberals point the monkey finger at them and redicule them for doing so when soldiers are dying. What hypocrisy in your ideology. Hence the reason why you are a bunch of mental disorders. :2wave:

SKILMATIC said:
Its really not a matter of having a sense of humor when you blantantly try to smear someone when he did nothing different than you liberals do on a day to day basis. Take a look around on this forum and you wil come across either a bush bashing post or a bush bashing pic fairly easily all while soldiers are dying in iraq. Good for you I hoep you are content with your blatant hypocrisy. O btw your bold word I meant to say Bush.

This is exactly what it is. I love how you debacle yourselves in your own argument. I am getting so dam good at this. Ineed to debate you more often. :2wave:

And mental disorders are so cutesy when they make 100times more jokes and 100times more bashing pictures. I love the hypocrisy keep it coming.

You changed the subject because it was a joke not an actual thing. And besides looking for WMD's and talking about they are already found are 2 separate entities. Please understand that we have finally found out what happened to them. :2wave:

Liberalsim. I can cure you but you need to want help first. The first step to recovery is admit that you have a maental disorder and then its the eagerness to want help.

You're funny, Skilmatic. Your post above is a little over the top. Your hatred for liberals is very transparent, so anything you have to say about them is given little to no credibility (the little is just me not wanting to be too harsh on you).

You have me all figured out. I can't pull the wool over your eyes, can I? Darn!

SKILMATIC said:
Yeah its funny how you liberals can make jokes about WMD's but other people cant and when ones does liberals point the monkey finger at them and redicule them for doing so when soldiers are dying. What hypocrisy in your ideology. Hence the reason why you are a bunch of mental disorders. :2wave:

Yeah, well, I am not the serious "War President" I don't Command and order Millions fo US soldiers, who will go into harms way upon my command. If I f-up royally a couple people may die, if he f's up MILLIONS MAY DIE.

You want George Bush to be treated Like other people? Instead of the President? Well, what the hell is he doing sleeping in the white house for starters!? Kick the bum out and tell him to get a real job.

The Man is the President, he should start fricken acting like it! If he can't do the job, he could at least pretend or get the hell off the stage and let a real leader get to work.

His "jokes" would be like Roosevelt goosestepping and throwing up the Nazi Salute during WWII. I mean seriously, no sense of decroum or propriety. If he wants to act like an idiot, let him do it in his bedroom with his wife, not with TV cameras everywhere. Drunken lout.

Furthermore lightweight I am not a liberal.

Back
Top Bottom