• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

New Documents - Saddam hid WMD

SKILMATIC said:
Well just look at the demographics for a sec. Think to yourself. What do rich preppy white boys usually drink? Heineken.

.....:rofl

kal-el said:
.....:rofl

Well its good to see you again kalel. How has your day been?

Well its true. And kennedy has been known to drink alot of it.

KCConservative said:
Let's see what else we can find from your links.

truthuncovered.com is the brainchild of tabloid film director Robert Greenwald. If you follow the money trail backwards from your link, you can find Mr. Greenwald's bio and resume.

Robert Greenwald is the director/producer of Outfoxed: Rupert Murdoch's War on Journalism (2004), a documentary exposing the right-wing bias of Fox News. The film was initially distributed via internet DVD sales, but strong viewer demand led to an unusual post-DVD theatrical release in the summer of 2004. The Bergen International Film Festival (BIFF) presented "Outfoxed" with the Youth Documentary Award. The five-year old BIFF is one of the most prestigious festivals in Norway.

Greenwald is also the executive producer of a trilogy of "Un" documentaries: Unprecedented: The 2000 Presidential Election (2002), directed by Richard Ray Perez and Joan Sekler; Uncovered: The Iraq War (2003), directed by Greeenwald; and Unconstitutional (2004), directed by Nonny de la Pena, about the post 9/11 erosion of American civil liberties.

Greenwald makes these films with buddy Richard Jacobs who was named California Democratic Party Deputy Chair in March of 2005, as well as Chair of Campaign for California's Future. He chaired the presidential campaign of Howard Dean in California, coordinated Al Gore's endorsement of Dean, and serves as Senior Advisor to Democracy for America.

There's a terrific article about Greenwald and his company known as Brave New World Films. You can see it here. http://www.robertgreenwald.org/press_nyt.php
In a nutshell, though:

"How to Make a Guerrilla Documentary"
By Robert S. Boynton | New York Times Magazine | 7/11/2004

The offices of Robert Greenwald Productions occupy a slightly rundown, horseshoe-shaped building in Los Angeles, just down the street from Culver Studios, the legendary movie facility where "Gone With the Wind" and "Citizen Kane" were filmed. Back in the day, the R.G.P. building, then a motel, was used by studio executives for liaisons with starlets and mistresses. Though no longer a Hollywood love nest, it still has a whiff of the illicit about it -- and still operates in the shadow of several corporate studios.

Greenwald is looking for a few good liberal volunteers, aps. Give this some thought.

At Brave New Films, we're in the early stages of creating a network
of volunteer field producers. People willing to lend their skills to the Brave New Family. Field producers do a variety of things -- host screenings, shoot video, email friends, hand out flyers, distribute DVDs, watch Fox News, whatever it takes. Together, we're creating our own media, outside corporate control, and beholden to no one but ourselves.

Gee, I wonder is Greenwald, Brave New World Films and truthuncovered.com have any certain agenda?

So rather than address the content of the documentary, you are going to attack the director? Are you going to tell me that the 27 people interviewed all have an agenda against Bush? Did you even look at the list of the people? Some have been employees of the CIA or in the intelligence community for more than 20 years.

And I see that you ignored the articles I posted. You see, KC, I spent about an hour and a half doing this research, and even then, I was disappointed that I did not better synthesize the facts. All I got from you was an attack on the director, as opposed to providing me with facts that support your position. I will not waste an hour of my time doing research for you again. I would have rather been cutting down my lariope in the front of my house, but wanted to keep my promise to you. What a disappointment.

SKILMATIC said:
Well its good to see you again kalel. How has your day been?

Just another ****ing day.

Well its true. And kennedy has been known to drink alot of it.

Really? What about Bush? What does he drink?

aps said:
So rather than address the content of the documentary, you are going to attack the director? Are you going to tell me that the 27 people interviewed all have an agenda against Bush? Did you even look at the list of the people? Some have been employees of the CIA or in the intelligence community for more than 20 years.

And I see that you ignored the articles I posted. You see, KC, I spent about an hour and a half doing this research, and even then, I was disappointed that I did not better synthesize the facts. All I got from you was an attack on the director, as opposed to providing me with facts that support your position. I will not waste an hour of my time doing research for you again. I would have rather been cutting down my lariope in the front of my house, but wanted to keep my promise to you. What a disappointment.

It was nothing more than cleverly spliced video editing, aps. Michael Moore would have loved it. :rofl That shouldn't have taken 5 minutes, let alone 90. I agree, you wasted your time.

kal-el said:
Just another ****ing day.

Really? What about Bush? What does he drink?

Well thats a good question. I must admit I dont know.

Originally Posted by aps
So rather than address the content of the documentary, you are going to attack the director?

Dude, siskel and rupert do this all day to films. Being a critic which everyone is; is all about criticising the director in the form of criticising the films content. Remember the director is in charge so whatever content it possesses it is a result of the director.

I will not waste an hour of my time doing research for you again.

Well then waiste it on me. Or maybe I can please you better? :lol:

I take it your date with KC wasnt good. Maybe I can do you better, hun. ;)

aps said:

OK..the argument here is the old standby...Attacking the messenger instead of attacking the message...commonly used...sometimes worthy...sometimes not...

Surely the phrase "The Republicans doing this are wrong." would have a much different connotation if Rush Limbaugh said it rather than Al Franken, so sometimes it's legit, although using such a partisan source to begin with automatically raises eyebrows...

So aps has an issue with attacking the messenger instead of the message...

Let's see if she feels this way about ALL messengers or just the ones that are against her political leanings...

aps said:
My brother is a Fox person. I remember when I was visiting him and he told me he was going to watch the news program where it is labeled as "fair and unbalanced." I had never heard of this before. I told my brother that anyone who had to point out that they were fair and unbalanced(cnredd note: sic) was NOT.

Bill is a dirty-talking, phone sex manic. Hi. I'm Bill O and I'm married, but I am going to flirt with a co-worker and have phone sex with her. I am such a good conservative.

Sean is a loser on cruise control.

http://www.debatepolitics.com/showpost.php?p=151709&postcount=135

aps said:
Hey kal-el. Stinger does the same sort of crap with me. He has an argument for everything and has to have the last word. He sees nothing wrong with the whole Valerie Plame issue--nevermind that it was serious enough for there to be an investigation. Anyway, if I want to know what Stinger is going to say in response to anything I say, I just need to turn on Fox News. :lol:

http://www.debatepolitics.com/showpost.php?p=136663&postcount=10

aps said:
Did you hear that information on Fox News? There's your problem. You have received inaccurate facts.

http://www.debatepolitics.com/showpost.php?p=133216&postcount=70

Wow...Walkin' round bashing other's sources...Someone does the same back atchya and all of a sudden it's unfair.

Nice...:roll:

Any explanations on the difference?...:2wave:

Back
Top Bottom