• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

New Biden war, would you serve or not

Da Mole

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
What would you do if the Biden administration were to engage the US in another foreign war?

#1-----Would you volunteer to serve, yes or no?
#2-----Would you serve if drafted, yes or no?
#3-----Would you sacrifice your limbs for his cause, yes or no?
#4-----Would you be willing to give up your life for his vision of America, yes or no?

I love my country, at least, what it was. It is disheartening, but my answer to all four would be a resounding NO!

What would you do if the Biden administration were to engage the US in another foreign war?

#4-----Would you be willing to give up your life for his vision of America, yes or no?

I love my country, at least, what it was. It is disheartening, but my answer to all four would be a resounding NO!
Been there, Done that...Got the T-shirt.

And...I'm too old.

If Biden gets us into another war, he should be impeached.

#2 through #4 is the price you pay for living in the United States of America. If your country deems you fit to serve and calls on you to defend the lives of your neighbors on foreign soil, you don't get to simply say "no." If you don't like it, you can move to a country that doesn't require its citizens to defend its interests in war.

Last edited:
I'm way too old.
Not enough information for some of the questions.

If I was young enough :
Would I #1-----Would you volunteer to serve, Depends what the war was about.
#2-----Would you serve if drafted, Yes,
#3-----Would you sacrifice your limbs for his cause? If in the Military and sent to war, what choice would one really have?
#4-----Would you be willing to give up your life for his vision of America? Yes. No different than other Presidents.

I would not pursue a job in the military, I would do a job there if drafted.
No one who is sane would sacrifice their life or give up a limb, those questions are bogus and morbid.

These questions aren't able to be answered. You'd have to actually have a war scenario to answer it. Why are we going to war?

Why are we going to war?

The point of the thread a was not to gage who would serve but to show contempt for Biden.
Hence nothing more was needed for his post. ;)

I know I can pass the physical fitness test and beat most of the recruits half my age, but I doubt they'd want me because of that age. Besides, I'm not so big on authority and orders. I probably would not function well unless I respected and trusted the person giving them, along with the motives. Stupid orders would be a problem...Not a great mindset for a soldier, eh?

At any rate, the general answer is "no" because I am content to let the "volunteer" army people do the soldiering. If some existential crisis struck, it would be a different story. If I were drafted, it would be a different story.

But now, would I try to sign up to fight in a war started by the candidate who wasn't Trump and had a chance of winning? No. Why would I? Can we at least clarify what that means anyway?

Are we talking about Iran killing a thousand American soldiers in surprise attacks on multiple bases and we declare war?

Are we talking about another 9/11 and we go after the government that let the terrorists operate?

Or are we talking about Biden going "you know what? I don't like Russia. **** Russia. I'm ordering an invasion and ignoring the War Powers Act"?

Well, I have already done my time. But, I would serve, in whatever capacity this old body and spirit could, in the case of war, regardless of who sits in the oval office. There are no partisans in the foxhole.

I suppose I would be more concerned if we had a pack of warmongering neo-cons occupying the white house. That does not seem to be the case here. I don't think any past P.O.T.U.S. ever entered the office hoping to be in a war. (Except, perhaps, G.W. Bush.) But I could be wrong. Just a hunch.

Since when do Presidents declare war to achieve their vision or cause? What a bizarre question/thread.

The sad fact is that if Biden were to get us into a major war (not very likely), it would probably be to impose his evil vision on some part of the world that had so far escaped it. I would not want to fight in such a war.

These questions aren't able to be answered. You'd have to actually have a war scenario to answer it. Why are we going to war?
according to @Da Mole it is 'to ensure Biden's vision' of America....

The second sentence neuters the first. You don't love your country and decline to serve because and only because Biden is president.

If the answer is no because you have five young kids to feed, that's different. If the answer is no because the war only started when Biden in explicably ordered us to bomb London into the dust, that'd be different.

No, just because Biden? That's no good. It's also expected.

Last edited:
I would talk any young person out of joining the military, as I did my son after 9/11.

I love & support the kids that serve, but many of them have no other choices in life, or so they thought at the time of enlistment.

I was recalled from "Fleet Reserve" for Iraq and I told them to come get me.

You'd think that a thread in 'polls' would have one.

Let us be grateful for what we have.

This is a necessary bodily function: :poop:

Without it, life cannot exist. OP just did his necessary.

You seem to be insinuating that Biden would start another war when he's getting us out of one.

Let's supposed he does. OK, then. What war? Who is the enemy? Who are our allies? How will we be fighting?

Let us be grateful for what we have.

This is a necessary bodily function: :poop:

Without it, life cannot exist. OP just did his necessary.
Yanno, if God had created all living animals with the ability to use all of our consumed food and beverages without peeing and pooping, He'd be just that much more exalted.

The only war Biden is going to start is here in the US.

You seem to be insinuating that Biden would start another war when he's getting us out of one.

Let's supposed he does. OK, then. What war? Who is the enemy? Who are our allies? How will we be fighting?

To be fair to someone who doesn't deserve it, the orange bastard did ramp up the process.

I have to hope this does not come to ill ends. I do not want a so-called "forever war", but is it really time? What happens to all those women and girls if/when the Taliban takes back over?

I am not ready to go to war with Biden; not quite there yet. He's pushing all the right buttons though.

To be fair to someone who doesn't deserve it, the orange bastard did ramp up the process.

I have to hope this does not come to ill ends. I do not want a so-called "forever war", but is it really time? What happens to all those women and girls if/when the Taliban takes back over?

It is a no-win situation. The Afghan government refused to escape the infighting and corruption needed to create a stable republic. We didn't do a sufficient job helping them, though.

Back
Top Bottom