• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

#NeverTrump Is Dead, And Now We Have No Choice But To Vote For Him

Exactly. Trump and Hillary are the worst presidential candidates to prop up in while, and they're so horrible they've scored historic unfavorable ratings. More than half of the country views Hillary and Trump as completely terrible candidates for President.

Trump has a 24% approval rating, compared to 57% of voters who view him in a negative light.

Hillary is not too far off with a 31% favorable rating, with 52% of voters in disapproval.

Poll: Trump, Clinton score historic unfavorable ratings - CNNPolitics.com

But seriously, this is seriously the worst ****ing presidential election ever. I can't believe that the DNC and the GOP are vying these terrible choices as the nominees for President. No matter who wins the 2016 election, we all lose, Democrats, Republicans, Independents, etc.

I wouldn't be surprised if this election turns out with near historic lows for voters, because so many people are dissatisfied with the choices this election cycle. And honestly, I'm getting tired of playing the lesser of two evils game every election cycle.
Perhaps we should evaluate the process that resulted in two bad choices!

Fine...one can hope that enough #neverHillary Sanders supporter votes will balance out votes like yours. :shrug:

:shrug: We'll see, but I think it is unlikely. 2008 was far more contentious, and Democrats still unified against a GOP candidate who was nowhere near as easily vilified as Trump. If anything, having Trump on the GOP ticket solves that problem for Hillary - if there is one candidate who really truly boosts Democrat turnout like no other, it's ole DJT.

If it really is that close in my state, I'll get blinding drunk, go vote for Hillary, and then spend the next 24 hours in the shower trying to scrub off the grime. But God, I don't want to do that.

Exactly. Trump and Hillary are the worst presidential candidates to prop up in while, and they're so horrible they've scored historic unfavorable ratings. More than half of the country views Hillary and Trump as completely terrible candidates for President.

Trump has a 24% approval rating, compared to 57% of voters who view him in a negative light.

Hillary is not too far off with a 31% favorable rating, with 52% of voters in disapproval.

Poll: Trump, Clinton score historic unfavorable ratings - CNNPolitics.com

But seriously, this is seriously the worst ****ing presidential election ever. I can't believe that the DNC and the GOP are vying these terrible choices as the nominees for President. No matter who wins the 2016 election, we all lose, Democrats, Republicans, Independents, etc.

I wouldn't be surprised if this election turns out with near historic lows for voters, because so many people are dissatisfied with the choices this election cycle. And honestly, I'm getting tired of playing the lesser of two evils game every election cycle.

I blame information balkanization. Enough people live in enough impermeable bubbles where no information that they don't want to hear ever gets in, that they can come to support (and even cheer on) people like this.

Perhaps we should evaluate the process that resulted in two bad choices!

It wasn't the process that made those choices - it was the voters who voted for them.

Yes we ****ing should! I 100% agree!

Recommend we begin with education reform. It seems our current system teaches people to read, but not to think.

The choice is simply this:

Either vote for Trump or waste your vote and allow Hillary Clinton to become the next President of the United States.

That's what it all boils down to. :shrug:

I'm sorry.

But voting for Trump is an act of lunacy.

Plain and simple.

It wasn't the process that made those choices - it was the voters who voted for them.
I am not sure that is completely accurate, in Hillery's case she was winning more delegates
even when she lost the primary election.

Most depressing election of my lifetime. How in the hell did these 2 idiots end up as the candidates?

Because the other candidates were far worse. Democrats and Republicans both brought nothing to the table other than more of the same. Democrats did not have a Trump as a fall back position, so they're stuck with Hillary.

Both D's and R's gave Trump no chance. So far both have been 100% wrong. I don't bet against winners.

I am not sure that is completely accurate, in Hillery's case she was winning more delegates
Added to the fact that the primaries, at least for her were basically rigged in her favor, because many of the people who wanted to vote for Bernie in the primaries were unable to do so, because you had to have registered as a Democrat way back before any of their candidacies really started gaining and ground, which makes no ****ing sense to me at all. There's no reason why you shouldn't be able to register as a Democrat the day of your primary election.

More people have voted for Hillary than Bernie :shrug:

I'm sorry.

But voting for Trump is an act of lunacy.

Plain and simple.

The math works in the opposite direction too, however - for some reason, those urging unity-at-all-costs never point that out. By not voting for Hillary, you are just as equally voting for Trump.

So..... if I vote Third Party.... then technically I'm also voting for both (and neither) of the other candidates, and nobody has a logical reason to be upset :)

Which doesn't mean they won't - because that would require thinking, and thinking is hard :(

True, but the ratio of delegates to votes is no where near the same.

:shrug: the same is true in the GOP Primary. Not having direct democracy is a fine system for a party to have - they are a private party. The problem isn't the process (the same process has given us fine candidates). The problem is the people.

Yes and no - the current two-parties have done some insanely "unethical" things to make it downright near impossible for alternative party options to make much headway. On every level.

Yes and no - the current two-parties have done some insanely "unethical" things to make it downright near impossible for alternative party options to make much headway. On every level.

You are conflating Third Party chances with the Primary Process internal to the two main parties.

That we have two major parties is not a product of unethical actions by the parties themselves, but a result of our system of voting and governance, established in the Constitution. If we want more parties, then we'd need to switch to a Parliamentary system, that unifies Executive, Legislative, and sometimes even Judicial power into a single, all-powerful body that effectively cannot be stopped or checked, no matter what it does.

:) No thanks.

:shrug: the same is true in the GOP Primary. Not having direct democracy is a fine system for a party to have - they are a private party. The problem isn't the process (the same process has given us fine candidates). The problem is the people.
I think the problem is that the desire to be president, should be a disqualification.
I have joked that we would almost be better off picking our president like we pick jurors.
We might get some stinkers, but also some good ones!

Added to the fact that the primaries, at least for her were basically rigged in her favor, because many of the people who wanted to vote for Bernie in the primaries were unable to do so, because you had to have registered as a Democrat way back before any of their candidacies really started gaining and ground, which makes no ****ing sense to me at all. There's no reason why you shouldn't be able to register as a Democrat the day of your primary election.
Because a political party is, ultimately, a private club. They can set the rules of participating however they want. It seems crazy to me to allow non-members to decide anything regarding the organizations choices, including candidate.

One must learn the rules Before the process begins, if one fails to do so there is no one to blame other than themselves. Not saying it is fair or not but each State sets their own rules and that is what we have to play by. Question, as an Independent I am not allowed to vote in Primaries, but why would I want to since the process is for Party members to pick who they want to represent their Party, why should outsiders play a part in that process?

I think the problem is that the desire to be president, should be a disqualification.
I have joked that we would almost be better off picking our president like we pick jurors.
We might get some stinkers, but also some good ones!

Don't agree with the juror thing.

But one thing I will say for your post, is I always find it ironic whenever any candidate is described as "narcissistic".

I mean, this person is running because they believe they can do the job, one of the toughest on Earth, narcissism has to factor in there somewhere.

Actually that is also untrue. Your vote is not going to put her in office or keep her out the Electoral college decides that and she already has 237 to 191 lead from the starting line, the donald has to win a minimum of 79 of the remaining 110 votes to win the Whitehouse, not going to happen.

Would you want to bet the farm on that? Just in the last three days, the polling gap is closing between Clinton and Trump. Most conservatives and Republicans were wanting Cruz and Kasich to hang it up. Democrats much less so re Sanders. It might come down to whether the #neverTrump or #neverClinton people have the most resolve. Trump has a tremendous ability to promote, persuade, convince and we can expect his focus to change from the nomination to the Presidency now. I just expect he will be better at that than Hillary is.

Also the pollsters have been consistently polling well off the mark for months now underestimating Trump at every turn and showing greater expectations for Hillary than what she has been able to produce.

So I honestly don't know how it will all shake out. Trump was not my preference at all, but I do know that a President Trump gives us a better shot at turning things around than Hillary will. So I hope the troops will rally behind him. And those electoral college votes are based on who gets the most votes in any given state. A vote for anybody other than Trump is a vote for Hillary.

Would you want to bet the farm on that? Just in the last three days, the polling gap is closing between Clinton and Trump. Most conservatives and Republicans were wanting Cruz and Kasich to hang it up. Democrats much less so re Sanders. It might come down to whether the #neverTrump or #neverClinton people have the most resolve. Trump has a tremendous ability to promote, persuade, convince and we can expect his focus to change from the nomination to the Presidency now. I just expect he will be better at that than Hillary is.

Also the pollsters have been consistently polling well off the mark for months now underestimating Trump at every turn and showing greater expectations for Hillary than what she has been able to produce.

So I honestly don't know how it will all shake out. Trump was not my preference at all, but I do know that a President Trump gives us a better shot at turning things around than Hillary will. So I hope the troops will rally behind him. And those electoral college votes are based on who gets the most votes in any given state. A vote for anybody other than Trump is a vote for Hillary.

I would be willing to bet my membership here, if Trump wins I will leave, never to return, would you be willing to bet that much? I will put it to you this way, either way this Nation is going to lose, you believe that Trump is the lesser of the two evils I see him as a complete unknown, the concern of political leaders here and around the world is good reason to be concerned ones self. Hillary for all her faults is at least a known quantity and her Husband would be there to get advice from, like or not he was a fairly good President. Yes, she is establishment and has here own skeletons but when compared to the Donald she would do far less damage to the Nation IMO.

Actually that is also untrue. Your vote is not going to put her in office or keep her out the Electoral college decides that and she already has 237 to 191 lead from the starting line, the donald has to win a minimum of 79 of the remaining 110 votes to win the Whitehouse, not going to happen.

so you are saying it is impossible that trump wins in november?

wow....never knew it was impossible

i guess we will see.....

and if the impossible happens? then what? are you leaving?

so you are saying it is impossible that trump wins in november?

wow....never knew it was impossible

i guess we will see.....

and if the impossible happens? then what? are you leaving?

The odds are WAAAAAAAAY against him winning. Nothing is impossible, I never said it was, but you seem to like the word, so run with it.

The choice is simply this:

Either vote for Trump or waste your vote and allow Hillary Clinton to become the next President of the United States.

That's what it all boils down to. :shrug:

A vote cast in earnest, as mine will be for the Libertarian, is never 'wasted'. The GOP gave us Trump, and I refuse to hold my nose AGAIN.

Back
Top Bottom