• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

'Near certainty' about AGW.

Based upon your blogs?

Because in the world of science, there really isn't much question that AGW is real.

I've been posting almost exclusively peer reviewed papers published in scientific journals lately. Do try to keep up.

While I don't put any credence in science, all scientists being on the payroll of government and all, the pattern of chicken entrails in my cauldron, and the alignment of tea leaves left in the pot after having taken the requisite number of sips all agree that the bloggers are simply engaged in increasing their readership by telling people what they want to hear. I'm pretty sure that their chicken entrails are telling them that AGW theory is "in tatters" as well.

Based upon your blogs?

Because in the world of science, there really isn't much question that AGW is real.

Global warming is real, as is global cooling. To say that AGW is real relies not on science but on belief. Feel free to believe what you want but AGW is a theory, which is difficult to test although there has been much research done and much data collected. Theories are not proven because someone believes in them.

Global warming is real, as is global cooling. To say that AGW is real relies not on science but on belief. Feel free to believe what you want but AGW is a theory, which is difficult to test although there has been much research done and much data collected. Theories are not proven because someone believes in them.

Theories are proven because someone tried and failed to disprove them, over and over again. That's how an hypothesis comes to be a theory.

and science, real science doesn't give a (bleep!) what you want to believe.

True, as I said before, science doesn't rely on belief.

On the other hand, the scientific method starts with an observation in nature. One or more hypothesis are formed from the observation. The hypothesis are used to form a theory. The theory is tested and if proven becomes fact or law.

As an example, for centuries the law of gravity was considered to be fact because apples don't fall up. Recently some physicist came up with something that upset the theory of gravity but I don't understand it and I'm not opening that can of worms.

An interesting discussion of hypothesis, theory, fact, law and gravity can be found here. Note that in science, words have very narrow definitions.

Science Experiment : Is Gravity a Theory or a Law? | The Happy Scientist

Back
Top Bottom