• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

NC Sheriff new security measures - locking up AR's inside school for officers

He's thinking that your idea was awful.

So... good for him, I guess.
So they're going to buy AKs instead??

If so tweet them and tell them what kind of mistake they're making.

I don't get what the ****s going on. On the one hand the rifle seems deadlier but then on the other hand the pistol or handgun is deadlier. The only down side of the rifle is over penetration if the target is missed, but on the other hand how far are we talking about taking a shot? Isn't a resource officer usually armed uniformed or otherwise?

I don't get what the ****s going on. On the one hand the rifle seems deadlier but then on the other hand the pistol or handgun is deadlier. The only down side of the rifle is over penetration if the target is missed, but on the other hand how far are we talking about taking a shot? Isn't a resource officer usually armed uniformed or otherwise?
you also have to consider what kind of body armor the shooting is wearing.

Teachers should be given bear spray and a few hours of training. That seems to be the most effective practical counter measure and could be implemented almost immediately.

Last edited:

No, I believe that they said ARs. Maybe they will buy something else, like a Sig MCX or AK 74s, but my understanding is ARs is the plan. Certainly not pistols.

No, I believe that they said ARs. Maybe they will buy something else, like a Sig MCX or AK 74s, but my understanding is ARs is the plan. Certainly not pistols.
STOP THEM. IT'S STUPID!!

Run right up and spray away.
Better than sitting back and watching your classroom die. With the jell you can soak his ass and blind him from 20 feet away.

Meh. Could be worse. They could buy pistols. But they're not that stupid.
You just finished arguing that pistols are more deadly. Don't you want more deadly weapons in the hands of security?

You just finished arguing that pistols are more deadly. Don't you want more deadly weapons in the hands of security?
Of course not! In a school!?

Do you!?

Of course not! In a school!?

Do you!?
So you want less deadly weapons in a hands of security when they're trying to kill a shooter who's blowing off little kids faces?

Wow

When schools in one North Carolina county reopen later this month, new security measures will include stocking AR-15 rifles for school resource officers to use in the event of an active shooter.

Sheriff Harwood said the safes where the AR-15s will be kept will also hold ammunition and breaching tools for barricaded doors.

“We’ll have those tools to be able to breach that door if needed. I do not want to have to run back out to the car to grab an AR, because that’s time lost. Hopefully we’ll never need it, but I want my guys to be as prepared as prepared can be,” he said.

I like this idea. This is just another resource for an officer to get to if they find themselves inside the school as an incident occurs.

So do you agree with schools maintaining an arsenal ?
Do you think that school resource officers have a duty to protect the children/staff in schools ?

So do you agree with schools maintaining an arsenal ?
Do you think that school resource officers have a duty to protect the children/staff in schools ?
One rifle in a school is an "arsenal"?

Again a plural.
Each school would have one rifle. Are they maintaining an "arsenal"?

Given that a plural implies "two or more", are two guns in one place an "arsenal"?

Are six guns spread across 451 square miles an "arsenal"?

Each school would have one rifle. Are they maintaining an "arsenal"?

Given that a plural implies "two or more", are two guns in one place an "arsenal"?

Are six guns spread across 451 square miles an "arsenal"?

That might be your interpretation, it's not what the quote says.

When schools in one North Carolina county reopen later this month, new security measures will include stocking AR-15 rifles for school resource officers to use in the event of an active shooter.

Sheriff Harwood said the safes where the AR-15s will be kept will also hold ammunition and breaching tools for barricaded doors.

“We’ll have those tools to be able to breach that door if needed. I do not want to have to run back out to the car to grab an AR, because that’s time lost. Hopefully we’ll never need it, but I want my guys to be as prepared as prepared can be,” he said.

I like this idea. This is just another resource for an officer to get to if they find themselves inside the school as an incident occurs.

So American kids are being educated where high powered assault rifles are kept?

That's a recipe for disaster

How would it be used in a negative way? It'll be locked up in a safe. Every officer already carries a duty rifle in the trunk of their vehicles.

Right And your guns laws work too...

and John Lennon is still alive and aliens ate my homework

Locked up?

You really think that's a 100% sure way to ensure that NO ONE but cops gets in there

The Easter Bunny died of cancer and Santa Claus is child molester

Back
Top Bottom