• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Natural immunity superior to vaccines against delta variant, CDC study finds

Schism

Destroyer of Propaganda
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Natural immunity superior to vaccines against delta variant, CDC study finds
NEW YORK (AP) — A new study released by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) found that people who were both vaccinated and had survived a prior bout of COVID-19 were best protected from infection.

The study, that examined infections in New York and California last year, found that unvaccinated people with a past infection were a close second. By fall, when the more contagious delta variant had taken over but boosters weren’t yet widespread, that group had a lower case rate than vaccinated people who had no past infection.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which released the study Wednesday, noted several caveats to the research. And some outside experts were cautious of the findings and wary of how they might be interpreted.

“The bottom line message is that from symptomatic COVID infection you do generate some immunity,” said immunologist E. John Wherry of the University of Pennsylvania. “But it’s still much safer to get your immunity from vaccination than from infection.”

An interesting development.

Ranked:

Vaccinated + Boosted + Prior Infection
Vaccinated + Boosted
Vaccinated + Prior Infection
Vaccinated
Prior Infection

Schism lies again.

apparantly, having a vaccine doesn't stop you from getting infected either,

so everyone will eventually have covid. who cares if it was a vaccinated or unvaccinated person who gave it to you?

To be fair, Schism did not write the headline.
And that, it would appear, is all that he read. From the first paragraph:

“A new study released by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) found that people who were both vaccinated and had survived a prior bout of COVID-19 were best protected from infection.”

Last edited:
Note the very first line of that article:

A new study released by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) found that people who were both vaccinated and had survived a prior bout of COVID-19 were best protected from infection.

Best protection is getting vaccinated with an infection on either side as both can fade and/or simply be improved upon. It doesn't mean you should go out looking for an infection after you are vaccinated, but it does mean that you should get vaccinated after you had an infection because it increases your protection even more.

Schism, your post surprises me. yes, it is an interesting development. You posting something true instead of russian sponsored lies is also an interesting development. Lets hope this development continues and isnt just you posting on your off days.

Biden's CDC is hiding something.

What, I wonder?
Only in this case, the virus that's killing our weakest was likely manipulated and engineered by humans.

That's the part where Paul is accusing Fauci of lying. - which he is, and we know why: because his baby is killing off millions.

Last edited:
Note the very first line of that article:

Best protection is getting vaccinated with an infection on either side as both can fade and/or simply be improved upon. It doesn't mean you should go out looking for an infection after you are vaccinated, but it does mean that you should get vaccinated after you had an infection because it increases your protection even more.
Why?

immunity.png

The answer is already there. You maximize your protection to reduce the risk to everyone.
Nope. It only increases your immunity by 1% and does not decease your ability to transmit it to others. So no, it's not worth the risk, for many millions to take the drugs.

I'm vaccinated but no booster for me and no plans to get one. I'm not trying to get omicron but I sure wouldn't mind some natural immunity if I do get it.

Nope. It only increases your immunity by 1% and does not decease your ability to transmit it to others. So no, it's not worth the risk, for many millions to take the drugs.
Show evidence of this "1%" only increase. Show the risk is greater than the reward, credible studies.

And that, it would appear, is all that he read. From the first paragraph:

“A new study released by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) found that people who were both vaccinated and had survived a prior bout of COVID-19 were best protected from infection.”
Agreed. But he didn't lie is my point.

Show evidence of this "1%" only increase. Show the risk is greater than the reward, credible studies.
Table 1 in the CDC study.

We've been through this. Ginormous University of Oxford study found the risk of myocarditis doubles with each vaccine dose in men under 40 - and is sharply higher than the risk from the coronavirus infection itself.

This is such a pointless, easily refuted falsehood that I have no idea what possible motivation you would have for saying it.

90A243DB-12BE-49E3-8B00-7120CCA28048.jpeg

This is such a pointless, easily refuted falsehood that I have no idea what possible motivation you would have for saying it.

View attachment 67370715
Sweet chart.. I like your use of colors. Did the teacher give you a gold star for your effort?

We're talking about the CDC study here. Lots of big words in it. WE'll let you know when the picture book version comes out.

Given that this is the internet, there is always the possibility that the person is play acting their part.
Or intentionally posting ignorant twaddle. GIven his history, I'd go with the latter.

So the study that was performed by the Israelis involving the documented results from 2.5 million people that was rejected by the US intelligentsia is now blessed by the CDC?

What will the US Intelligentsia do now that the CDC says the same thing(s)?

So much disinformation and misinformation to concoct and so little time to do it.

I've had both vaccines and the booster and now Omicron.

The effectiveness of the vaccines dropped from "can't get it and can't spread it" to "well, it might not kill you so quick".

So the study that was performed by the Israelis involving the documented results from 2.5 million people that was rejected by the US intelligentsia is now blessed by the CDC?

What will the US Intelligentsia do now that the CDC says the same thing(s)?
"Take the drugs and shut up"

Back
Top Bottom