• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Nation Writer Labels the Constitution ‘Trash’

Didn't your mother every tell you not to feed the trolls?
It's like feeding bears trash. It's an excuse for me to shoot them. I know its not ethical in the least and borderline evil. Still I just like whacking trolls, what can I say except, it's great entertainment.

Like I've said many times, the left are coming for the Constitution.

This is part of the media tour and promotion. Essay's, books, and interpretive dance numbers are next, and that's when NPR will pick up on it.
What part of what he said do you think is untrue? In America we can trash the Constitution. Sounds like the 1st works when you like the words?

Remember, the Constitution enumerated the idea that blacks were not a person, they were only 60% person.

My interpretation coincides with the Supreme Court's interpretation 99% of the time. The last time I checked the US Constitution was not the bible. Are you able to comprehend the difference? I wouldn't be surprised if you are not, considering the sorry state of education in the US thanks to leftist filth. The majority of Americans graduating high school today are functional illiterates.
Well the claim in the first sentence is not true.

It's like feeding bears trash. It's an excuse for me to shoot them. I know its not ethical in the least and borderline evil. Still I just like whacking trolls, what can I say except, it's great entertainment.
That won't fly in Alaska. People shoot bears for getting into their trash all the time, but then they get cited for negligently feeding game. So while it may be "great entertainment" it is also phenomenally stupid because it just encourages even more trolling.

A Palmer man who took a shot at a Black Bear early on Friday was cited for Negligently Feeding Game after Alaska Wildlife Troopers responded to his address just before 1 am. According to the report, 36-year-old Justin Davis took a shot at a Black Bear who had gotten into his garbage in the middle of the night.
By Alaska Native News on Jul 9, 2018.

Well the claim in the first sentence is not true.
Of course it is true, but since you are incapable of distinguishing what is true or false and are an habitual liar like the rest of your leftist ilk, you are the very last person who should be determining whether anything is true or not.

That won't fly in Alaska. People shoot bears for getting into their trash all the time, but then they get cited for negligently feeding game. So while it may be "great entertainment" it is also phenomenally stupid because it just encourages even more trolling.

By Alaska Native News on Jul 9, 2018.
I don't live in Alaska and dont care about how you do things there. In Texas we feed feral hogs to bushwack em in mass. It's the only real way to keep the herds down. If I have pest problem I leave food out to attract em into the area I want to cull them. Job gets done efficiently and minimal fuss. Meat feeds the homeless and stocks neighbors freezers.

You are way too serious. You piss trolls off by mocking them and NOT taking them seriously. Besides trolls are part of the ecosystem they are there to mock.

Of course it is true, but since you are incapable of distinguishing what is true or false and are an habitual liar like the rest of your leftist ilk, you are the very last person who should be determining whether anything is true or not.
I've pointed out the inadequacy of your Constitutional interpretations more times than I can count. Your constitutional understanding is not nearly as strong as you claim.

I don't live in Alaska and dont care about how you do things there. In Texas we feed feral hogs to bushwack em in mass. It's the only real way to keep the herds down. If I have pest problem I leave food out to attract em into the area I want to cull them. Job gets done efficiently and minimal fuss. Meat feeds the homeless and stocks neighbors freezers.

You are way too serious. You piss trolls off by mocking them and NOT taking them seriously. Besides trolls are part of the ecosystem they are there to mock.
Feeding animals to kill them is unethical. It certainly can't be construed as hunting. Just an immoral slaughter by inbred hicks with an IQ below room temperature, but that is to be expected in Texas.

I don't piss trolls off because I don't feed trolls. If people are feeding trolls, then it is like feeding game to kill it, it is idiotic on several levels by people that are too stupid to know how to hunt.

Feeding animals to kill them is unethical. It certainly can't be construed as hunting. Just an immoral slaughter by inbred hicks with an IQ below room temperature, but that is to be expected in Texas.

I don't piss trolls off because I don't feed trolls. If people are feeding trolls, then it is like feeding game to kill it, it is idiotic on several levels by people that are too stupid to know how to hunt.
Whether you think its ethical or not, it is hunting, and pest control. I consider pest control absolutely necessary for my property management, and I am certainly not worried about your opinion the ethics of culling uncontrolled feral hog, coyote, deer populations, africanized bees, and fire ants. Take your morality and stuff it where sun don't shine. Wait thats your place, right? Before you call others inbred hicks you may wish consider how that is very much in Alaska's case its the pot calling the kettle black.

As far as feeding the troll take your own advice and move along.

No, he is making the absolutely foolish mistake of judging historical events by today's standards. It's about as brain dead and exercise as one can engage in on the subject.
Elie Mystal is rightfully framing the U.S. Constitution as the Founders framed it, a racist bigoted document; true then and it remains a truth even today.

But he offered a solution that I think too many are missing.

Guess if one didn't read his words that I posted and only paid attention the the "kind of trash" quote I can see why one might be misinterpreting his position?

He is very much making the case that the U.S. Constitution be interpreted by today's standards and reflect the modern America.

So once more I will post his words that some here seem to keep glossing over or totally ignoring.

... But Mystal then circled back to his point, and argued that a modern interpretation of the Constitution is essential.

“This document was written without the consent of Black and Brown people in this country, and without the consent of women in this country,” Mystal said. “And I say, if that is the starting point, the very least we can do is ignore what those slavers and colonists and misogynists thought, and interpret the Constitution in a way that makes sense for our modern world.

BINGO!!!

There it is!

LouC, the first mistake Elie Mystal made was judging the penning of the Constitution through the lens of today's society. We have come a long way since then and we have righted a lot of wrongs, but one must view the inception of the Constitution through the lens of the time it was penned. Back when the Constitution was written Blacks were considered only 3/5 of a person, is it the same way today, NO, Blacks have the same rights as anyone in this country, no less, no more, how is this wrong?
To sit and complain about how a document was written 235 years ago is a huge exercise in stupidity and to even compare it with today's standards is even more so. To completely ignore the changes that have taken place within the Constitution, through the amendment process, is even a greater exercise in stupidity. Nobody is saying the Constitution is perfect, this is why we have a process to amend it. This document called the Constitution is all about HOW THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT SHALL OPERATE nothing more, it is a compact between We the People and a governmental body in which We the People created. Look at the Constitution we have today, with all of its amendments, and show me where it is racist.
It is a mistake for us to be judging Hitler, Nazis and their "Final Solution" through the lens of today's society!

This is part of the media tour and promotion. Essay's, books, and interpretive dance numbers are next, and that's when NPR will pick up on it.
I think we need to relax a bit more. I am sure this writer enjoys at least one amendment. He is entitled to his opinion.
You know, sometimes they just want to be heard, to feel important.
It is all good.

I think we need to relax a bit more. I am sure this writer enjoys at least one amendment. He is entitled to his opinion.
You know, sometimes they just want to be heard, to feel important.
It is all good.

And sometimes they're right.

Elie Mystal is rightfully framing the U.S. Constitution as the Founders framed it, a racist bigoted document; true then and it remains a truth even today.

But he offered a solution that I think too many are missing.

Guess if one didn't read his words that I posted and only paid attention the the "kind of trash" quote I can see why one might be misinterpreting his position?

He is very much making the case that the U.S. Constitution be interpreted by today's standards and reflect the modern America.

So once more I will post his words that some here seem to keep glossing over or totally ignoring.

BINGO!!!

There it is!
The Constitution has a mechanism to change its meaning.

Hint: it isn't willfully ignoring what it says.

Elie is a caricature trying to cash in on the White Fragility movement which is why I suspect he's marketing his book to stay at home soccer moms. Also, Don King wore it better.

Last edited:
"[T]he left are coming for the Constitution," seriously?

Were you born yesterday? :rolleyes:

The Democratic Party has been willfully and systematically violating the US Constitution since their inception in 1828. Biden's illegal federal mandates, the rent moritorium, and the CARE Act of 2020 where Congress paid hospitals for each COVID patient they reported. Those are just the more recent violations of the US Constitution.

The Democratic Party doesn't give a shit about the US Constitution. The Supreme Law of the Land means absolutely nothing to the party of "defund the police." This is what makes them leftist filth. The worst sort of scum imaginable, and why the Democratic Party has always been, and remains today, the greatest threat the US has ever known.
Projection horsehit. You people are the biggest phonies, all you care about is rights for you. And the 2nd amendment. All you people do is project

Why not ?

It's a poorly written document - probably the worst written constitution in the Western world - and is in urgent need of a re-write.

Disagree there. I think its brilliant. Short worded, with the ability to interpret laws and fit in with the changing times. Obviously not perfect. It's not the fault of the constitution that assholes are put in as justices that don't follow the language and laws, like ignoring well regulated in the 2nd amendment, among other things like how black people were treated, nad how women weren't allowed to vote. There was no justification for that in the constitution

Projection horsehit. You people are the biggest phonies, all you care about is rights for you. And the 2nd amendment. All you people do is project
Arguable points in there, but I am not in the mood.

;) (y)

Nobody shits on the constitution more than conservatives, who think rights are just for white christians. So stop your stupid projection

People who want to ban gay marriage, allow discrimination of homosexuals, pass anti-trans bills, try to ban abortion, passing laws making it harder to vote, trying to overturn elections results, passing laws like "don't say gay", wanting to allow people to not follow rules based on religion, try to ram religion into schools and public places, among all hte other bullshit conservatives belief, do not love the constitution

As typical, conservatives project themselves onto liberals because they have nothing else

Last edited:
Nobody shits on the constitution more than conservatives, who think rights are just for white christians. So stop your stupid projection

People who want to ban gay marriage, allow discrimination of homosexuals, pass anti-trans bills, try to ban abortion, passing laws making it harder to vote, trying to overturn elections results, passing laws like "don't say gay", wanting to allow people to not follow rules based on religion, try to ram religion into schools and public places, among all hte other bullshit conservatives belief, do not love the constitution

As typical, conservatives project themselves onto liberals because they have nothing else

Conservatives eulogize the bits of the Constitution they like and blatantly misrepresent the bits they don't.

First and foremost the Constitution does not address any of these points you bring up. The 10th amendment applies here, "The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people." To understand the powers delegated to the Federal government refer to Article 1 of the Constitution.

As to your points, the States are allowed to make their own laws as long as those laws DO NOT violate the Constitution. Most of your points are protected by the 14th amendment, "All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws." This part in bold has broad ramifications as we have seen by many opinions from the Supreme Court.
As to voting, each State is allowed to make is own voting criteria, the only thing the federal government is allowed to do in regard to voting is set the date and time. How a State choose to run it election is up to that State and as long as it doesn't violate the constitutional right of all citizens right to vote, the federal government has no say in the matter.

As far as schools go in "religion" if a school receives federal funding then it is prohibited from teaching one particular religion or promoting one particular religion over another. Public schools are allowed to teach about religion as long as all religions are offered. This does not apply to private schools who receive no federal funding.

Back
Top Bottom