• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Nasty man says what?

Trump acts childish and boorish etc.

But she did trash talk the idea instead of being stately about it.

Trump being a jerk seems to bring out the jerk in everyone. The problem is, now the trump based can call you all hypocrites for doing the same thing trump does.

Cries of “but trump started it” and “but trump is worse” mean little coming from hypocrites.

In reality Trump's offer to "buy" Greenland is insulting, patronizing and ridiculous. Calling it "absurd" was very restrained. And the insulter in chief had his feelings hurt? Over absurd?

What else was there to do but pull out his favorite adjective for women who stand up to him. He's inappropriate and incapable of representing this nation.

The good news is that the more he turns people off, the better our chances of getting rid of him in 2020.
Absolutely correct!! I'd guess not a single Dane or Greenlander votes for him in 2020. :cool:

He is quite explicit in his admiration for Jackson.

So Jackson is really not a good example to pull up when trying to convince people that someone other than Trump deserves the top spot as worst human being to ever hold the office of president.

Reality sucks. :lol:

He said her remarks were nasty and inappropriate. You are the one who is lying. There is no one more inappropriate than Trump in every situation. The people of Greenland told him they were not for sale last Friday. He acted like they didn't exist.

Yes, he said her remarks are nasty and inappropriate. No disagreement there.
Read the original post if you want to read a lie.

Just like many on the Left are pretentious hypocrites touting to make the world more equal and fair while they drive around Marin County (and other places) in their Audi's to and from executive jobs.

You Jelly?

Just like many on the Left are pretentious hypocrites touting to make the world more equal and fair while they drive around Marin County (and other places) in their Audi's to and from executive jobs.

Oh, they wouldn't be hypocrites, I suppose, if they subscribed to right wing bigotry and elitism? At least the conservatives have an entrance exam for their group that any idiot (literally) could pass.

Yeah, shame on those liberals for being able to advocate for anyone but themselves. They should act more like conservatives who don't even try to empathize with or advocate for sick, poor and politically disenfranchized people .

Some times your critique of liberals, ultimately, sounds more like conservative denial of who YOU are.

*sigh*

"The irony of this vile petty man referring to anyone or anything else as nasty."

That's what I wrote. And it applies. I am not deflecting. Trump is the blackest of pots and he should never say a single bad word about any kettle. Much less kettles who are quite understandably yet with considerable restraint going on the record to object to Trump's absurdity when it involves something they have a responsibility for.

The Danish PM did nothing wrong. Said nothing "nasty". But here you are deflecting for all you're worth, as you consistently do for the orange stain.
Do you think it was polite or rude to refer to his proposal as absurd?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Holy Hell... the argument is about him seeking to buy Greenland and being insulted over it and responding that the insults were nasty... NOT THE WOMAN... the response... and what in the confounding **** does a mass shooting in Ohio have to do with buying Greenland? :lol: I swear... you say my faux indignation? Get over yourself and your stupid understanding of the actual point.

It's hard for me to conceive that anyone could be this dishonest about what Trump said this morning during his press briefing.

In reality Trump's offer to "buy" Greenland is insulting, patronizing and ridiculous. Calling it "absurd" was very restrained. And the insulter in chief had his feelings hurt? Over absurd?

What else was there to do but pull out his favorite adjective for women who stand up to him. He's inappropriate and incapable of representing this nation.

Bingo.

The PM tried to laugh it off like the joke some of Trump's defenders were trying to claim it was. Trump could have stuck with his Greenland Trump Tower cartoon and called it all a big joke and gotten credit for having a sense of humor.

Instead he cancelled a visit to the PM and the Queen because he couldn't take the face-saving offers, and had to show that his insulting, patronizing, ridiculous plan was real. And now he's lashing out because he feels embarrassed by the reasonable response of a reasonable head-of-state doing her job.

Oh, they wouldn't be hypocrites, I suppose, if they subscribed to right wing bigotry and elitism? At least the conservatives have an entrance exam for their group that any idiot (literally) could pass.

Yeah, shame on those liberals for being able to advocate for anyone but themselves. They should act more like conservatives who don't even try to empathize with or advocate for sick, poor and politically disenfranchized people .

Some times your critique of liberals, ultimately, sounds more like conservative denial of who THEY are.

Trump acts childish and boorish etc.

But she did trash talk the idea instead of being stately about it.

Trump being a jerk seems to bring out the jerk in everyone. The problem is, now the trump based can call you all hypocrites for doing the same thing trump does.

Cries of “but trump started it” and “but trump is worse” mean little coming from hypocrites.
BINGO!

*sigh*

"The irony of this vile petty man referring to anyone or anything else as nasty."

That's what I wrote. And it applies. I am not deflecting. Trump is the blackest of pots and he should never say a single bad word about any kettle. Much less kettles who are quite understandably yet with considerable restraint going on the record to object to Trump's absurdity when it involves something they have a responsibility for.

The Danish PM did nothing wrong. Said nothing "nasty". But here you are deflecting for all you're worth, as you consistently do for the orange stain.

You can attempt to insult me all you want, ...it's like water off of a duck's back, but you don't get away with using a fake CNN headline attempting to pawn it off as reality.

Bingo.

The PM tried to laugh it off like the joke some of Trump's defenders were trying to claim it was. Trump could have stuck with his Greenland Trump Tower cartoon and called it all a big joke and gotten credit for having a sense of humor.

Instead he cancelled a visit to the PM and the Queen because he couldn't take the face-saving offers, and had to show that his insulting, patronizing, ridiculous plan was real. And now he's lashing out because he feels embarrassed by the reasonable response of a reasonable head-of-state doing her job.

His normal mode of operation....throw **** in the fan and see how far it flies.

Do you think it was polite or rude to refer to his proposal as absurd?

It was strictly accurate.

She said she hoped he was joking (like many of his defenders tried to convince us that he was doing).

He could have taken the opportunity to chuckle about it.

Instead he threw a fit and cancelled his visit and is now striking out in his typical manner at an embarrassment of his own making.

This was a very appropriate response considering what she was being asked about the bizarre suggestion that Trump would buy Greenland:

“Greenland is not for sale. Greenland is not Danish. Greenland belongs to Greenland. I strongly hope that this is not meant seriously,” Frederiksen told newspaper Sermitsiaq.

“It’s an absurd discussion, and [Greenland Premier] Kim Kielsen has of course made it clear that Greenland is not for sale. That’s where the conversation ends,"

Danish PM: Trump’s interest in buying Greenland is ‘absurd’ – POLITICO

She was being candid, and as diplomatic as was realistic, in the face of a conversation which should never have come up. She was doing her job.

Trump refers to another woman as 'nasty' -- this time the Danish PM - CNNPolitics

Trump inquires about US buying Greenland, but it's not for sale - CNNPolitics

Are you ****ing joking me? This is the type of **** that makes Liberal Anti-Trump Whiners look like absolute idiots.

He proposes to buy Greenland, is completely gracious about Denmark and it's people and the Danish government comes out and repeatedly insults him and THEN... he says that those responses are nasty... because they ****ing are nasty. And he does not refer to the woman as nasty... he refers to her RESPONSE as nasty. The amount of lying you guys do is pathetic. :roll:

Just when I start to think Trump has to go you guys pull the same stupid crap which brings me back to reality... thank you.

Was he going to finance the pir base with the increased revenue from another tax cut?

It is absurd. In the extreme.

It was strictly accurate.

She said she hoped he was joking (like many of his defenders tried to convince us that he was doing).

He could have taken the opportunity to chuckle about it.

Instead he threw a fit and cancelled his visit and is now striking out in his typical manner at an embarrassment of his own making.

This was a very appropriate response considering what she was being asked about the bizarre suggestion that Trump would buy Greenland:

Danish PM: Trump’s interest in buying Greenland is ‘absurd’ – POLITICO

She was being candid, and as diplomatic as was realistic, in the face of a conversation which should never have come up. She was doing her job.
Her comment was about as diplomatic as trump calling it nasty.

Her comment was about as diplomatic as trump calling it nasty.

Oh brother.

I don't know what's worse -- if you actually believe that or if you're saying it even though you know how absurd it is.

Same difference I suppose. Trump gladly accepts both types of supporter.

Yes. Worse than Jackson. Jackson was a man of his time. Trump admires Jackson, and modern murderous dictators, and he is doing this in the 21st century, with all the benefit of history to know that he is the antithesis of what America is supposed to stand for.

So Trump... a guy that admires murderous dictators is WORSE than the actual murderous dictator?

Do you do that kind of stupid logic in reverse? Can I be better than Gandhi because I admire him?

And the majority of the nation knows he needs to go.

Irrelevant to this debate...

That is why people will join with Democrats in droves to get Trump out so we can start repairing our national soul and our relationships with our allies.

Denmark insulted America... and, our National Soul? What drama...

Trump is a lying, ignorant, hypocritical TROLL. So no you don’t care about a president being those things.

Oh ****... look who decided to play! :lol:

First off....congrats for pointing out how vile Andrew Jackson was. Did you know that Trump had Jackson's portrait taken out of storage, and it hangs in the Oval Office? He obviously admires Jackson.

Yeah... that is not good. Agreed.

What that he's nasty and hates it when women say no to him?

What a pathetic time to try and make that point... :roll:

First, how in the heck is it absurd or rude to posit the idea of buying Greenland? How do you think most countries acquire more land? Would a war for land be more to your liking, leftists? Talk about absurd. Secondly, saying someone made nasty comments is not the same thing as saying that the person is nasty. Absurdity again. Maybe it would have been better for him to be more tolerant like the left and called her racist, or a white nationalist, or xenophobic or something. I hope you leftists are just this insane on here and not in the real world, because, wow, the crazy is strong in most of you.

Oh brother.

I don't know what's worse -- if you actually believe that or if you're saying it even though you know how absurd it is.

Same difference I suppose. Trump gladly accepts both types of supporter.

So say we are allies and I offer to buy the wheels on your car... you insult me saying how insulting it is for me to offer to buy the wheels, that you now want to rethink your allied relationship with me, call me names AND THEN... then I say that your response is nasty. You would actually sit there and think that I was the rude one?

First, how in the heck is it absurd or rude to posit the idea of buying Greenland? How do you think most countries acquire more land? Would a war for land be more to your liking, leftists? Talk about absurd. Secondly, saying someone made nasty comments is not the same thing as saying that the person is nasty. Absurdity again. Maybe it would have been better for him to be more tolerant like the left and called her racist, or a white nationalist, or xenophobic or something. I hope you leftists are just this insane on here and not in the real world, because, wow, the crazy is strong in most of you.

We bought Alaska... by asking another government if we could. Russia simply said yes. Same with Louisiana.

Was he going to finance the pir base with the increased revenue from another tax cut?

It is absurd. In the extreme.

What does that opinion have to do with him being insulted for asking?

When someone calls your remarks "nasty" that is certainly a reflection on your opinion of the person. So yes he called her nasty.

In the context of that response... not as a person. Differentiation. It is important.

Back
Top Bottom