• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Name Trump's Worst Lie In Your Opinion

Another unhinged liberal all worked up that Trump said something mean about those poor misunderstood illegals with tats all over their faces and bodies.

You'll probably fit in pretty well around here. There's tons of snowflakes who get their panties in a bunch over illegals not getting the red carpet treatment like they did under Obama.

Personally I find it hilarious how you lot can’t get your message straight. Sometimes it’s “Obama rolled out the red carpet for illegals!” and on others it’s “Trump is doing the exact same things as Obama why are you upset!”

The two claims are mutually exclusive bud. The Trump cult needs to get a clue.

Naming Trump's worst lie would be a tall order considering there are approximately 3924 since he took office. See: Every false claim Donald Trump has made as president

I think the worst lie is probably this one, or at least it is the most disturbing and disgusting I have heard:

In between his efforts to strip 20 million Americans of access to healthcare and find ways to pardon his dumb ass, our beloved president delivered a 2020 campaign speech in Youngstown, Ohio, in which he characterized undocumented immigrants as psychopathic serial killers.

Quote:

“And you’ve seen the stories about some of these animals,” Trump said of undocumented immigrant gang members—thereby effectively stereotyping all undocumented immigrants as gang members. “They don’t want to use guns, because it’s too fast and it’s not painful enough. So they’ll take a young, beautiful girl—16, 15 and others—and they slice them and dice them with a knife because they want them to go through excruciating pain before they die. And these are the animals that we’ve been protecting for so long. Well, they’re not being protected anymore, folks.”

Oh, and he also said this: “With the exception of the late, great Abraham Lincoln, I can be more presidential than any president that’s ever held this office.”

Right, ok. Speaking of which—remember when the media called this racist, xenophobic piece of **** “presidential?”

His attacks on POWs were absolutely despicable, and the fact that Trump cultists defended them is even worse.

Thanks for the link.

So...My judgment is that Prachi Gupta is a biased hack and that you are easily influenced by biased hacks.

Thanks for the reply and oh well but I appreciate your candor and opinion. Don't you just love America where everybody can have an opinion and voice. It's democracy in action I tell ya.

Naming Trump's worst lie would be a tall order considering there are approximately 3924 since he took office. See: Every false claim Donald Trump has made as president

I think the worst lie is probably this one, or at least it is the most disturbing and disgusting I have heard:

In between his efforts to strip 20 million Americans of access to healthcare and find ways to pardon his dumb ass, our beloved president delivered a 2020 campaign speech in Youngstown, Ohio, in which he characterized undocumented immigrants as psychopathic serial killers.

Quote:

“And you’ve seen the stories about some of these animals,” Trump said of undocumented immigrant gang members—thereby effectively stereotyping all undocumented immigrants as gang members. “They don’t want to use guns, because it’s too fast and it’s not painful enough. So they’ll take a young, beautiful girl—16, 15 and others—and they slice them and dice them with a knife because they want them to go through excruciating pain before they die. And these are the animals that we’ve been protecting for so long. Well, they’re not being protected anymore, folks.”

Oh, and he also said this: “With the exception of the late, great Abraham Lincoln, I can be more presidential than any president that’s ever held this office.”

Right, ok. Speaking of which—remember when the media called this racist, xenophobic piece of **** “presidential?”

At first when I read this thread title, I started trying to think of the worst lie I've heard from Trump. Should I pick the most blatant and obvious lie? The one with the most consequence? Should I pick a statement that is proven to be false or should I pick one that is simply known to be false by anyone with two brain cells to rub together?

It got me thinking more. Trying to condense the totality of something as extensive as the dishonesty of trump into a tiny little bucket of "the worst out of thousands" is a fools errand. It's easy to pick the worst lie from Obama. Because there are so few. Most would pick the obamacare line "You can keep your insurance/you can keep your doctor". And even on the lie that most would consider the "worst" it's very obvious that it isn't an outright lie of epic proportions. It's a condensed message in the middle of a political battle. it's more catchy than "unless your crappy over priced insurance doesn't meet the bare minimum requirements, you can keep your insurance." The 'lie' didn't affect most people. And many of the people it did affect in reality ended up with subsidies to help pay for better insurance. The overwhelming majority kept their doctor. The legislation has gotten millions of people insurance, has slowed the increase in insurance prices etc. And that's his "worst" lie.

I think when discussing Trump it's better to pick out the lies that best show that you can't trust a word that he says. Pick the ones that show he will lie about anything.

That is the real message in a thread like this. With any other president other than maybe Nixon, we would be discussing any where from 1 to maybe 3 lies in the debate of "whats worse". Many presidents you couldn't even have a good debate because there are few choices. With Trump it's a smorgasbord of options. Do you pick the ones that are so obvious that no one but an idiot would believe them? Do you pick the ones that are direct lies regarding nation security? Do you pick the ones that haven't been proven to be a lie but that everyone knows is a lie? You just can't choose. Like a kid in a candy store. There's too many options.

At first when I read this thread title, I started trying to think of the worst lie I've heard from Trump. Should I pick the most blatant and obvious lie? The one with the most consequence? Should I pick a statement that is proven to be false or should I pick one that is simply known to be false by anyone with two brain cells to rub together?

It got me thinking more. Trying to condense the totality of something as extensive as the dishonesty of trump into a tiny little bucket of "the worst out of thousands" is a fools errand. It's easy to pick the worst lie from Obama. Because there are so few. Most would pick the obamacare line "You can keep your insurance/you can keep your doctor". And even on the lie that most would consider the "worst" it's very obvious that it isn't an outright lie of epic proportions. It's a condensed message in the middle of a political battle. it's more catchy than "unless your crappy over priced insurance doesn't meet the bare minimum requirements, you can keep your insurance." The 'lie' didn't affect most people. And many of the people it did affect in reality ended up with subsidies to help pay for better insurance. The overwhelming majority kept their doctor. The legislation has gotten millions of people insurance, has slowed the increase in insurance prices etc. And that's his "worst" lie.

I think when discussing Trump it's better to pick out the lies that best show that you can't trust a word that he says. Pick the ones that show he will lie about anything.

That is the real message in a thread like this. With any other president other than maybe Nixon, we would be discussing any where from 1 to maybe 3 lies in the debate of "whats worse". Many presidents you couldn't even have a good debate because there are few choices. With Trump it's a smorgasbord of options. Do you pick the ones that are so obvious that no one but an idiot would believe them? Do you pick the ones that are direct lies regarding nation security? Do you pick the ones that haven't been proven to be a lie but that everyone knows is a lie? You just can't choose. Like a kid in a candy store. There's too many options.

I know right. Where to begin. I suppose that the totality of the thing is the worst, biggest lie. In short the lie is simply put "Trump".

Thanks for the reply and oh well but I appreciate your candor and opinion. Don't you just love America where everybody can have an opinion and voice. It's democracy in action I tell ya.

Unfortunately, some people's opinions are based on facts...other's opinions are based on biased hacks.

So it goes...

Personally I find it hilarious how you lot can’t get your message straight. Sometimes it’s “Obama rolled out the red carpet for illegals!” and on others it’s “Trump is doing the exact same things as Obama why are you upset!”

The two claims are mutually exclusive bud. The Trump cult needs to get a clue.

If you were on my side, you would be laughing at the irony of your post because that's exactly how we feel about liberals.

That he could work with Democrats in the House and Senate. That proved to be absolutely impossible.

Quote:

Strip 20 million of healthcare? not even close - he gave them a CHOICE whether than wanted Ocare or not, and millions said no.

And if you think characterizing gang members as anything other than criminals and animals you need to rethink. That BS about "stereotyping all illegals" is pure looney left urban legends.

That he could work with Democrats in the House and Senate. That proved to be absolutely impossible.

He couldn't even work with Repubs, who couldn't even work with each other. The tax cut the donors demanded was all they did in 2 years.

Still waiting for the big, beautiful ACA replacement they've supposedly had greased up and ready since 2011.

Wait, just so we're clear,.....illegal children were put in cages by Obama along with illegal women and children being tear gassed at the border?
Children got gassed at the border because the adults responsible for their safety failed in their duties.

It's a measure of Obama's honesty that Republicans always keep going back to that one claim, whereas we have to choose from the thousands of false claims that Trump has made.

How quickly NY Times forgets Obama's lies and frauds

"The Times’ comparison of Trump and other presidents implies that all lies are equally damnable. The Times ignored all the Obama false promises used to justify his troop surge in Afghanistan (which resulted in more than a thousand dead American troops with nothing to show for the sacrifice) and bombing Libya (which now has slave markets). But killing vast numbers of human beings should require more due diligence than assertions on federal spending for peanut subsidies.

The Times asserts that Trump is seeking to “to make truth irrelevant,” which “is extremely damaging to democracy.” But democracy has also been subverted by the media’s long history of ignoring or absolving presidential lies. For more than a century, the press has groveled the worst when presidents dragged the nation into the biggest perils.

Trump’s lies deserve to be exposed and condemned. But Bush’s and Obama’s lies help explain why only 20 percent of Americans trusted the federal government at the end of Obama’s reign."

FYI

He couldn't even work with Repubs, who couldn't even work with each other. The tax cut the donors demanded was all they did in 2 years.
And there YOU go with the lies. "Donors" really demanded to pay bigger share of total revenue?
<alt?doxygen said:
Still waiting for the big, beautiful ACA replacement they've supposedly had greased up and ready since 2011.
Yep if the Dems have worked with him, we'd have it. But they were more concerned protecting Obama's legacy.

This is a good thread idea...and I am a bit stumped.

Right now I will go with the lies around his destruction of the art from the Bonwit Teller Building, but I might be able to come up with something better. After the crime of Penn Station this one really sticks in my craw.

And there YOU go with the lies. "Donors" really demanded to pay bigger share of total revenue?
Yep if the Dems have worked with him, we'd have it. But they were more concerned protecting Obama's legacy.

“My donors are basically saying, ‘Get it done or don’t ever call me again,’” Rep. Chris Collins (R-N.Y.), himself a millionaire, said on Tuesday.

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) told reporters on Thursday that a failure to pass tax reform would fracture the Republican Party and lead to more far-right wing primary challengers. “The financial contributions will stop,” he added.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/gary-cohn-tax-cut-ceos-donors_us_5a049571e4b0f76b05c4249e

You can figure the ACA thing out for yourself. You obviously have a mainline to fake news.

Children got gassed at the border because the adults responsible for their safety failed in their duties.

Explain that to our snowflake friends who are pulling their hair out over it.

Quote:

Every lie that has come out of his mouth offends someone or something so they are all really offensive.

tRump's biggest lie? Out of his thousands?

Wow. I honestly don't know. I'm gonna have to get back to you on this one.

This is an exercise not all that different than trying to identify which is the tastiest Reeses Peanut Butter cup in a giant vat of Reeses Peanut Butter cups.

I'm glad for you. Lots of folks believed him, and supported his cockamamie path to single payer. You just stay happy up there in the New England echo chamber. I'm sure you voted for Hilarity hoping to get someone who would lie to you like Obama. Sorry, you got Trump. They all lie.

Back
Top Bottom