• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Mystery of the moving Egyptian statue

That's AWESOME!! Funniest image I've had in a long time.

As far as the OP, I, too, am voting for the booga booga. I will always vote on the side of booga booga.

I would be careful of mummies SF...as seen in the old movies..no matter how fast you run and how slowly they amble along..

They always catch you!! :mrgreen:

I would be careful of mummies SF...as seen in the old movies..no matter how fast you run and how slowly they amble along..

They always catch you!! :mrgreen:

Same with Frankenstein. He lumbers along slower than molasses but still ends up catching you. :lol:

Same with Frankenstein. He lumbers along slower than molasses but still ends up catching you. :lol:

Hey we are going down the four students spending a night in a creepy house road...

''hey there are big claws and growls coming out of the basement trap door..let's go have a look!''

''What's that man doing on the ceiling?''..''There is a cave there with dismembered human body parts on poles..let's go see''

And the damn car never starts!!..:lamo

or they never have a cell phone signal. :lol: I swear, sometimes I'm surprised that any teenagers are left alive in horror films.

or they never have a cell phone signal. :lol: I swear, sometimes I'm surprised that any teenagers are left alive in horror films.

They don't usually make it...do you like horror films?

I prefer the ones that have a story..not just a psychopath running round with a chainsaw..I quite like gothic..

My two favorites are ''Haunted'' and the ''Turn of the screw'...

They don't usually make it...do you like horror films?

I prefer the ones that have a story..not just a psychopath running round with a chainsaw..I quite like gothic..

My two favorites are ''Haunted'' and the ''Turn of the screw'...

I love horror films. My favorite genre. :D

Mystery solved! Manchester Museum's spinning ancient Egyptian statue isn't cursed - Home News - UK - The Independent

And now ITV's Mystery Map programme claims to have solved the conundrum, backing Prof Cox's explanation. Their expert Steve Gosling put three-axis vibration sensors under the cabinet, and found a peak vibration level - coinciding with movement from passers-by and traffic from the very busy Oxford Road nearby.

He said: "The vibration is a combination of multiple sources so there's buses outside on the busy road, there's footfall activity. And it's all of those things combined.

"This statue has a convex base. There's a lump at the bottom which makes it more susceptible to vibrations than the others which have a flat base.

"This is conclusive."

Mystery solved! Manchester Museum's spinning ancient Egyptian statue isn't cursed - Home News - UK - The Independent

And now ITV's Mystery Map programme claims to have solved the conundrum, backing Prof Cox's explanation. Their expert Steve Gosling put three-axis vibration sensors under the cabinet, and found a peak vibration level - coinciding with movement from passers-by and traffic from the very busy Oxford Road nearby.

He said: "The vibration is a combination of multiple sources so there's buses outside on the busy road, there's footfall activity. And it's all of those things combined.

"This statue has a convex base. There's a lump at the bottom which makes it more susceptible to vibrations than the others which have a flat base.

"This is conclusive."

Dang. A perfectly rational explanation. Oh, well, on to the next fascinating mystery.

Back
Top Bottom