• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

My Opinion

this is a quote from a good movie that i enjoy, the matrix revolutions. I know what everyone is thinking , well not really but i think i do . THis quote fits , it's from the oracle speaking to neo.
Oracale-" i want what you want, and im willing to go as far as you are to get it"
justine i'm willing to fight and go as far as you are to help you and others finally get the equal rights that i know and you know everyone deserves.

justiceisboughtnotblind said:
this is a quote from a good movie that i enjoy, the matrix revolutions. I know what everyone is thinking , well not really but i think i do . THis quote fits , it's from the oracle speaking to neo.
Oracale-" i want what you want, and im willing to go as far as you are to get it"
justine i'm willing to fight and go as far as you are to help you and others finally get the equal rights that i know and you know everyone deserves.

Your dedication and devotion to civil rights is warmly welcomed!

Voices like yours are needed more than you know. Heterosexuals who aren't affraid to "catch gay" by lending their support of our fight.

cathing gay is what i hear all the time. like gay is some sort of disease without a cure. Anyone who you gets insecure about lending a hand to the gay community and civil rights is insecure about their own sexuality. I myself am not insecure about that, i know who i am i know what my sexuality is and how it's going to be so i am free to go and do what i please and help who i want. I'm not a hero , i'm not a politician, i don't have a superpower, and i don't have political power. I am just a 17 year old high school senior whose graduating in a few weeks well 18 days, and i just know what to say or to do. I may not always do the right thing but i sure as hell know when someone is doing the wrong thing, and whats going on now is well in my opinion is wrong. I am young but i have met people from all walks of life, an old jewish women whose Concentration camp number is still tatoo'd in her arm, a black man whose father marched on washing with martin luther king, an old man who was a racist until he heard about jfk getting killed then saw the video, and then heard martin luther king was killed as well. There are more people who i have met in my travels and by travels i mean yes from NJ to Ohio then from NJ to Florida. I have met people in NYC PA camping . I've met veterans of war, gays,lesbians,racist white men , racist black women, skin heads, punks, thugs, cheerleaders,football players, ice skaters, disco dancing people who ride roller skates to the beat of music, every kind of person your mind can think of i have met, and you know why i have met all these people? because in this country we can be all of those people. Equal rights justine, it's not a crazy idea just a smart one. Like i said , i'm not a hero , or a politician , i'm just a person whose willing to fight to make sure that we can make the nation a better place.

cathing gay is what i hear all the time. like gay is some sort of disease without a cure. Anyone who you gets insecure about lending a hand to the gay community and civil rights is insecure about their own sexuality. I myself am not insecure about that, i know who i am i know what my sexuality is and how it's going to be so i am free to go and do what i please and help who i want. I'm not a hero , i'm not a politician, i don't have a superpower, and i don't have political power. I am just a 17 year old high school senior whose graduating in a few weeks well 18 days, and i just know what to say or to do. I may not always do the right thing but i sure as hell know when someone is doing the wrong thing, and whats going on now is well in my opinion is wrong. I am young but i have met people from all walks of life, an old jewish women whose Concentration camp number is still tatoo'd in her arm, a black man whose father marched on washing with martin luther king, an old man who was a racist until he heard about jfk getting killed then saw the video, and then heard martin luther king was killed as well. There are more people who i have met in my travels and by travels i mean yes from NJ to Ohio then from NJ to Florida. I have met people in NYC PA camping . I've met veterans of war, gays,lesbians,racist white men , racist black women, skin heads, punks, thugs, cheerleaders,football players, ice skaters, disco dancing people who ride roller skates to the beat of music, every kind of person your mind can think of i have met, and you know why i have met all these people? because in this country we can be all of those people. Equal rights justine, it's not a crazy idea just a smart one. Like i said , i'm not a hero , or a politician , i'm just a person whose willing to fight to make sure that we can make the nation a better place.

Actually, you are a hero, an everyday hero. The kind of hero that helps to change people's minds, is willing to listen and learn and grow.
That is a hero.
No, you don't wear a cape or shoot lightening bolts from your hands, but in your words and actions, you help to show others what the meaning of "American" is.
You remind me of my son. He's only a year younger than you and feels the same way. He's not concerned about the color of someone's skin, but the integrety of one's character. (Yes, I'm borrowing from Dr. King's "I have a dream" speach...but I thought it appropriate.)
I was raised by an immigrant and a southerner. I know a strange combination, but it's true. I was raise in 1960's Chicago(well not actually in the city, but I was born there), my immigrant father worked in television and directed what was a local dance show at the time. (not too many believe me when I tell them which one, because a couple of years later it moved to Hollywood with syndication). The people he worked with were mostly black, hispanic and Philapino. I was raised hearing all sorts of languages, seeing all colors of faces and all sorts of traditions. I loved my upbrining and thought I was probably one of the luckiest kids I knew.
But growing up around Chicago, but actually in an all white suburb I found out all too quickly that in the "burbs" diversity meant you were a freak. It made you stand out. I might as well have been from Mars.
What made it worse was the knowledge that I was also attracked to women.
I tell ya, growing up where and when I did, you learn really fast to fake being straight and fake having a boring life...just to survive.

Granted, I'm older now, I've returned to my hometown after serving in the military and having gone through a divorce. I came back here, years ago, to raise my son where I was raise. I realized my fond memories were completely manufactured. I learned just how rasist, ultra-conservative and sheltered my hometown really is. But by then my son had made friends, and actually our town had exploded in size. Diversity wasn't such a foreign concept anylonger. At least not to those who were moving in. But those who had been there for generations resented the expansion.
In a way, so did I.
I'm still here, though. Still raising my son and teaching him about this town's history. At the same time, I'm learning from him about a kind of multiculturalism I had forgotten along the way.

What I have learned is we all must be our own heros. Because no one is going to do it for us.

or still a nation suffering from tyrany.

Actually, we're a nation suffering from Tyrannosaurus Hives and, believe me, I've got the fever. All this time I thought they had disappeared when they were really digging.

To remain on topic, uhhh gay marriage or something.

Back
Top Bottom