• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

My Latest acquisition

Μολὼν λαβέ;1061986991 said:
Depends on what you are using the handgun for; the higher end 1911's can't be bettered for accuracy, trigger pull and control, ergonomics, reliability, or incapacitating shots in .45 ACP.

They are also made in more concealable sizes than the government model like compact or CCO, commander, and ultra.
Any 1911 can be tuned. Ever heard of GunCrafters or Pistol Dynamics?

I just got a v3 Laserlyte. It mounts on the rail of my xd and it doesn't require new holster. 2 thumbs up

And you dont see anyone knocking off Glocks. ;)
A lot of companies are copying Glock. S&W Sigma, Ruger SR40/SR9, Beretta Nano, a few of Taurus's 24/7 series, and more are blatant copies of Glock pistols. Glock even sued S&W over the Sigma, because it was the same pistol with a few cosmetic differences. I had an SR40C, it may as well have been a Glock 27 with a loaded chamber indicator.

its hard to find a pistol that can duplicate the trigger pull and break of a 1911 though the top of the line modified CZ and EAA single action only rigs come close

I shot IPSC in the mid 80s with a Bill Wilson Accucomp and a Gold Cup tuned by a local gunsmith. with the latter gun I set what probably won't ever be broken (since the target presentation has been changed) pin record (8.8 seconds, three tables of 5 pins) that gun had a trigger pull approaching one pound. I then shot Open with a P9 and then an EAA gold team CZ clone and limited with a Fred Craig Para double stack 1911. I am currently shooting a Czechmate open gun for steel-its trigger is ALMOST as good as my best 1911's but the pivoting triggers are not quite as smooth as the straight line 1911

Sure, you can buy a plain jane Rock Island Armory or Springfield if you're on a budget and eventually have a gunsmith tune it, but you would also have to replace the sights, change the 80 series safety into a 70 series to facilitate a better trigger pull, replace the government model hammer with a skeletonized commander hammer, replace the trigger, and perform various other functions like checkering the frontstrap if you want a highly functional 1911, or just buy one with those original features.

It's a matter of personal preference and the amount of initial investment available to the buyer, but which do you think would retain a higher resale value?

Last edited:
Μολὼν λαβέ;1061991209 said:
Sure, you can buy a plain jane Rock Island Armory if you are on a budget and eventually have a gunsmith tune it, but you would also have to replace the sights, change the 80 series safety into a 70 series to facilitate a better trigger pull, replace the government model hammer with a skeletonized commander hammer, replace the trigger, perform various other functions like checkering the frontstrap if you want a highly functional 1911, or just buy one with those original features.

It's a matter of personal preference and the amount of initial investment available to the buyer, but which do you think would retain a higher resale value?

I have 3 Colt 1911s. Government Model, only had had a beavertail grip safety and commander hammer. Close to 5000 rounds without a hickup. Crisp trigger with no take up. Would stake my life on it at the drop of a hat.
One stainless Commander that runs flawless and has since new out of the box. And a Defender that has run flawless out of the box.
I could sell any or all for a profit, today.
I also own 3 Rocks, I would put thier accuracy and dependablilty so far up against my Colts. And out side of mag capacity, I would put them up against any Glock or M&P out there. And like I said, I have owned other makes.
But like you said, personal preference, and nothing feels as good in my hand as a 1911.

Back
Top Bottom