• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

My Latest acquisition

Just picked up a Ruger Vaquero Birdshead in .45ACP, cant wait to get it to the range.

great! Now, for the fast draw rig! :)

But where will you find a leveraction Winchester in 45 acp as a companion arm? :cool:

Na, I carry a 1911 Colt Defender in .45 or a j frame Smith with +P ammo.

I don't mean carry the wheelgun for job or defense. Fast draw is a FUN sport and the vaquero excellent. Once you get into cowboy shooting, you'll probably need the rifle in same chambering and a horse! (just tell the mrs. its a big dog that followed you home!) :)

I don't mean carry the wheelgun for job or defense. Fast draw is a FUN sport and the vaquero excellent. Once you get into cowboy shooting, you'll probably need the rifle in same chambering and a horse! (just tell the mrs. its a big dog that followed you home!) :)
I looked around alittle for a lever action in .45, but no luck.
Later I may get a Vaquero full size in .357 and a lever in .357. I have always been wanting a rifle/pistol combo chambered the same.
I could get another AR chambered in .45 or a Auto Ordinance chambered in .45acp to team with one of my 1911s. But I pretty much have all the guns I could ever need right now.

Later I may get a Vaquero full size in .357 and a lever in .357. I have always been wanting a rifle/pistol combo chambered the same.
I could get another AR chambered in .45 or a Auto Ordinance chambered in .45acp to team with one of my 1911s. But I pretty much have all the guns I could ever need right now.

Dan'l Boone n Davy Crockett only needed ONE! :)

Guns are like boats. Aristotle Onassis said you can have one boat or many but never just two.

All the guns you need? Or all you want? Ain't the SAME! :)

Ruger used to make a camp rifle in 45 acp and 9mm, modeled on the M14 or maybe on the 10-22 design. Israeli Arms used to make a nice pump in 45 acp! But those aren't lever guns.

true and with a mac 11 I can unleash 32 lethal projectiles in 1.4 seconds but with a Red Jacket SAIGA with a Pro Mag 20 round drum loaded with #4 buck its like 600+ lethal projectiles in 4-5 seconds and with far more accuracy

I recently fired my buddy's Spikes Tactical AR with a Slidefire stock. It's like firing a full auto M4. It was sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

Love the thread; thanks for sharing.

I always enjoy hearing about or seeing responses to new firearms acquisitions.

Enjoy!

Nice. Not real familiar with the CZ, looks like a M9/FS92 clone.
I'am a 1911 guy myself.

The only thing the CZ and the Beretta share in common is they both shoot bullets. The CZ 75 was based off of the Browning Hi Power. I used to have one, and I can say with confidence that the CZ is superior to both the M9A1 and the M1911.

The only thing the CZ and the Beretta share in common is they both shoot bullets. The CZ 75 was based off of the Browning Hi Power. I used to have one, and I can say with confidence that the CZ is superior to both the M9A1 and the M1911.

Jeff Cooper-no fan of the 9mm-said the CZ was the best designed pistol

Jeff Cooper-no fan of the 9mm-said the CZ was the best designed pistol

I personally like that particular range of calibers (38, 357, 380, 9x18, 9mm NATO), but everyone has their preferences. The CZ was the highest quality pistol I have owned so far, and it was just a base model 75B.

http://www.czub.cz/zbrojovka/czech-guns/CZ_75_TS_CZECHMATE.png

http://czcustom.com/images/products/detail/DSC_0002.JPG

setting it up for steel rather than USPSA meaning minor 9mm. comes with a 26 round magazine and three 20 rounders. got two more 26 rounders (not cheap) but easier to run than the STI Steelmaster gun for the same price

the anti gun types will claim that no one "needs" a 26 round magazine or that this is an "assault weapon"

Congratulations! I bet it shoot well. :2wave:

Congratulations! I bet it shoot well. :2wave:

the trick will be to play around with lighter recoil springs to drive it with 9mm factory since it is set up to run with 9mm major (165 grain bullet going 1000 feet per second for example or a 200 grain bullet going a bit over 800 FPS) factory 124s are only going about 1125 or so so that is minor power

the trick will be to play around with lighter recoil springs to drive it with 9mm factory since it is set up to run with 9mm major (165 grain bullet going 1000 feet per second for example or a 200 grain bullet going a bit over 800 FPS) factory 124s are only going about 1125 or so so that is minor power

I'm sure you will get it tuned in just right!

I'm sure you will get it tuned in just right!

I obtained five different spring weights (Since I used to shoot a Tanfoglio/EAA Gold team 20 years or so ago I have a collection of suitable springs) to see what works best.

I matched a pair like that with a 9mm Glock pistol and a Sub2000. 4 pound folding carbine with an indexing forend and a reflex sight. They take the same ammo and mags. The carbine is 16X7 inches folded and both fit in a laptop case with as many magazines as you'd like. They also come in 40cal, Glock, Berreta or S&W mags. I'll be chrono testing this weekend, the 16 inch barrel on the carbine yields higher MV. I'm looking at working up some subsonic 160 grain rounds for it.

If you want to go 45 take a look at MechTech. Fits Glock or 1911.

The last hand gun I will add to my collection is the Springfield 45 cal, a sweet carry but few in stock. Tomorrow I am buying a Rueger Mini 14 "Ranch Rifle" an offshoot of the Garand. Just saw it therefore I must have it.

The last hand gun I will add to my collection is the Springfield 45 cal, a sweet carry but few in stock. Tomorrow I am buying a Rueger Mini 14 "Ranch Rifle" an offshoot of the Garand. Just saw it therefore I must have it.
I would like a Ruger Scout Carbine. But havent seen one in a year.

Now ya done it.

Found another combination yesterday browsing Gunbroker. Rossi makes a 44 Magnum carbine revolver. That would pair nicely with a Ruger Redhawk or Blackhawk. What an interesting combination, a pair of high powered revolvers...

I wonder if you could use the same speed loader?

Last edited:
Found another combination yesterday browsing Gunbroker. Rossi makes a 44 Magnum carbine revolver. That would pair nicely with a Ruger Redhawk or Blackhawk. What an interesting combination, a pair of high powered revolvers...

I wonder if you could use the same speed loader?
Probably. I think its the same cylinder put in to the carbine frame.
I think you can also get that in a combo of .45 LC, .45acp, 45.70 and .410 shotgun.

I understand why people like the 1911, but there are other pistols with better qualities and features on the market.
Well having owned Berrettas, Glocks and Sigs as well as 1911s.
To me, its the pinnacle of handgun design.
Sure there are more complicated, harder to maintain semi autos. But you will never find a more man stopping, reliable, easy to use weapon.
Case in point. How many companies have gone into the 1911 business that were not there just a few years ago?
And you dont see anyone knocking off Glocks. ;)

I understand why people like the 1911, but there are other pistols with better qualities and features on the market.

Depends on what you are using the handgun for; the higher end 1911's can't be bettered for accuracy, trigger pull and control, ergonomics, reliability, or incapacitating shots in .45 ACP.

They are also made in more concealable sizes than the government model like compact or CCO, commander, and ultra.

Well having owned Berrettas, Glocks and Sigs as well as 1911s.
To me, its the pinnacle of handgun design.
Sure there are more complicated, harder to maintain semi autos. But you will never find a more man stopping, reliable, easy to use weapon.
Case in point. How many companies have gone into the 1911 business that were not there just a few years ago?
And you dont see anyone knocking off Glocks. ;)

Sure you do like Springfield XDs and the Smith and Wesson Sigma series. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery as the saying goes; just don't infringe on someone else's patent.

The Sigma series pistols are so similar to the competing Glock pistols that Glock sued Smith & Wesson for patent infringement. The case was settled out of court in 1997, with S&W agreeing to make alterations to the Sigma design and pay an undisclosed amount to Glock.[1]

Smith & Wesson Sigma - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Back
Top Bottom