• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

My 15th Wedding Anniversery.

Verthaine

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Today marks the 15th year that I have been married to the most beautiful,most brilliant women i have ever met,Selena.

She used to come down to my restaurant 2 or three times a week after her shift at the hospital across the street ended to eat. Every once in a while I would join her and chit-chat.

On my birthday my business partner (who is a good friend of hers) brought her along to the party I threw (1940's theme.I am a big fan of 40's movies and music).
Phil (my business partner) admitted years later that he brought her there with the intention of hooking us up.

To be honest,I never considered to be in the same league as Selena.
I'm short she's tall.
I'm average looking,she's drop dead gorgeous.
I consider my self to be fairly intelligent while she is absolutely brilliant.
I'm a darkskinned Puerto Rican out of the New Orleans 9th Ward,she's a pale skinned Cajun straight out of the swamps.
I'm a chef and business owner,she's a top notch surgeon.
She's athletic while I consider walking to work my daily workout.
I can cook,and she can't.
I'm extroverted,she's introverted.
I'm diplomatic,she's straight forward.
I'm expensive Italian suits and shoes,while she is a jeans and t-shirt kind of woman.
At first glance it would seem we have nothing in common.

That night at the party,we just sort of hit it off while I played the piano,she sang 40's torch songs ,and we danced all night.
To tell you the truth,I fell head over heels in love with her that very night.
I was actually shocked myself when she accepted when I asked her out for dinner the next night.

Despite our outward differences we discovered we have quite a lot in common.
We both grew up dirt poor.
We both knew at an early age what we wanted to be when we grew up.
We both love 1940's movies and music.
I love to cook,she loves to eat (I am constantly amazed that she doesn't gain any weight,while I constantly have to watch mine)
We both worked hard to achieve our goals and are considered successes in our chosen fields.
We were both relatively wealthy (She had her own lucrative practice,while i just opened up a third restaurant back then).
We both find the other's profession to be absolutely fascinating.
Afterwards we would go see retro films and go to jazz concerts together,whenever our schedules permitted.
No one thought me and her would last a month.
That would include me.
Colored me shocked when we past that 1st month together without her dumping me.

It was about 2 months after we first started dating. We we sitting in my living room,watching Key largo and sipping wine,when she turned to me and said "I have a confession for make".
I was prepared for the worst.

What I wasn't prepared for was her saying "I have fallen madly in love with you".
That was the first time in my life I was speechless.
I asked her why.
She said because I make her smile (her nickname among the hospital staff is the "Ice Queen"),and that she can be who she is around me.
Plus she thought I was cute.
That I treat her better than any man she's been with.
I
I confessed that I've been in love with her since my birthday.
Her reply was "I know".

We got married 8 months later.
We've endured hardships.
But we always faced them together.
I stood by her when she had ovarian cancer.
She is sticking by me while we deal my colon cancer (Selena is not just my wife,she's also my physician.)

After all these years we are still madly in love with one another.
We are fiercely loyal to one another.
We listen to what each other has to say.
I love the way she just sits at the table whenever I am home and cooking,and just watches what I am going with utter fascination (she can give a person the ability to walk again,but she can't make a decent omelet without making it look like over cooked scrambled eggs with some stuff mixed in.)
She says watching a man cook is sexy to her.

I have been through rough times before (Selena is my second wife.My first was killed by a drunk driver),but with Selena by my side,it's been smooth sailing (except for the whole colon cancer thing,but we are overcoming that).

It's been a wonderful 15 years together. We still enjoy each others company.The sex is still great. We travel to other countries at least three times a year on vacations to try (and me learning) exotic cuisines.

Yeah,I know she's smarter than me,and she knows it,but she never made me feel stupid around her.
Every time I look at her I fall head over heels in love with her again.
Once in a while i catch her looking at me with the look of "I'm proud to be you wife".

Happy Anniversary,Selena,my love,my wife,my business partner,my best friend,and my whole reason for living.
You have brought me joy and happiness all these years.
I love her with all my heart,and I know she feels the same about me.

Sometimes,opposite do attract.

congratulations!
you're a lucky man
but then you are also smart enough to realize that
may all your pains be champaigns

Congrats... Happy Anniversary! :2party:

Beautiful post to your very lucky wife. May you have many more happy years, and improving health. Just wanted to point out one thing...

What I wasn't prepared for was her saying "I have fallen madly in love with you".
That was the first time in my life I was speechless.
I asked her why.

This is one of the most adorable responses to a confession of love I've ever read.

Back
Top Bottom