• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Muslim woman demands "space" for son to pray

VF500

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Rola Awwad wants a private space for her 10-year-old son at Albert Payson Terhune Elementary School to exercise his right to Muslim prayer.
Muslim demands prayer space in New Jersey school, for 10 year old son « Creeping Sharia

Who wants to wager that he doesn't get it? Me neither.

However, dropping to one knee after scoring a touch down is "drawing attention to one's self."

Tumwater High's Ronnie Hastie scored the TD Monday in Tacoma in a state 2A semifinal game against East Valley of Spokane. As he's done all season, he briefly dropped to one knee, extended his arm and pointed his index finger skyward.

Hastie tells The Olympian newspaper he was giving God the credit. But the ref threw a flag, ruling Hastie had improperly drawn attention to himself.

Thanking God for touchdown gets penalty | kgw.com | Portland News, Local News, Breaking News, Weather | High School News

Is it just me or has the world gone totally nuts?

Wait how do you see a connection between these two? Unless the referee and the NJ school board are some how part of the same elaborate conspiracy, even though in the case of the NJ school nothing has even happened yet.

Do you check under your bed for Muslims at night?

Wait how do you see a connection between these two? Unless the referee and the NJ school board are some how part of the same elaborate conspiracy, even though in the case of the NJ school nothing has even happened yet.

Do you check under your bed for Muslims at night?

Are you being purposely obtuse or do you really not see the juxtoposition of these two things?

Are you being purposely obtuse or do you really not see the juxtoposition of these two things?

If its obtuse to believe that two events in a world of millions of events relating to religion, like these two, occurring every day constitutes a trend. Then yes I'm being obtuse.

Rola Awwad wants a private space for her 10-year-old son at Albert Payson Terhune Elementary School to exercise his right to Muslim prayer.
Muslim demands prayer space in New Jersey school, for 10 year old son « Creeping Sharia

However, dropping to one knee after scoring a touch down is "drawing attention to one's self."

Tumwater High's Ronnie Hastie scored the TD Monday in Tacoma in a state 2A semifinal game against East Valley of Spokane. As he's done all season, he briefly dropped to one knee, extended his arm and pointed his index finger skyward.

Hastie tells The Olympian newspaper he was giving God the credit. But the ref threw a flag, ruling Hastie had improperly drawn attention to himself.

Thanking God for touchdown gets penalty | kgw.com | Portland News, Local News, Breaking News, Weather | High School News

I'm sure there is an unused janitor's closet somewhere that could be made available.

If Christians have managed to denigrate their own religion so much that they think that their God could give a flying **** as to whether this kid scores a touch down and gives God the credit then they have nothing to worry about from the ACLU or atheists or Muslims. They do a much better job insulting Christianity than any of those groups could ever hope.

I am a vegan. I think I'll demand that the school cafeteria stops serving meat.

School board attorney, from the story:

Croot said “nothing has been foreclosed yet. We are still in discussions. We have indicated one possible accommodation that would have been acceptable, but there may be other accommodations that we could reach.”

What Constitutionally-consistent "accommodation" can there be?

Separation of Mosque and State. Screw this stupid Muslima.

I guess he can't pray before or after school? or is this another of those situations, like Hajj, that it doesn't count if it isn't done at precisely the right time?

What? does Allah only listen at certain times during the day? never heard of a god that had "office hours" :shrug:

I'm sure there is an unused janitor's closet somewhere that could be made available.

what crap. she should be told to send her kid to a madrassa if she wants religion in schools.

If its obtuse to believe that two events in a world of millions of events relating to religion, like these two, occurring every day constitutes a trend. Then yes I'm being obtuse.

Ok you're being obtuse then. It doesn't take a genius to know that these incidents are not unique. If you do not see the trend, I suggest you look again. And when you continue to deny it, I'll simply chalk it up to you continuing to be obtuse.

I am a vegan. I think I'll demand that the school cafeteria stops serving meat.

Wait is the Muslim mother demanding all students be required to do this? So in your example it would be more accurate to say that you're a vegan therefore you demand the cafeteria serve some foods which have no meat or animal product in them.

School board attorney, from the story:

What Constitutionally-consistent "accommodation" can there be?

The school board attorney in NJ is related to a referee in Washington State? Ok bub.

And where in the Constitution is it stated there can be no accommodation, how would it be unconstitutional to give this kid a few minutes every day to pray by himself?

If Christians have managed to denigrate their own religion so much that they think that their God could give a flying **** as to whether this kid scores a touch down and gives God the credit then they have nothing to worry about from the ACLU or atheists or Muslims. They do a much better job insulting Christianity than any of those groups could ever hope.

Gosh, I wonder how a Christian might think God gave him the gifts necessary to make a touchdown and then might be thankful for said gifts. Perhaps you shouldn't pretend to be inside the heads of adherents of beliefs you don't share. In any case, why should you care what Christians do vis-a-vis their own beliefs? This post was just plain stupid.

I guess he can't pray before or after school? or is this another of those situations, like Hajj, that it doesn't count if it isn't done at precisely the right time?

What? does Allah only listen at certain times during the day? never heard of a god that had "office hours" :shrug:

now you're being obtuse. her reason are her reasons, but the school certainly DOES NOT have to accomodate the kid.

The school board attorney in NJ is related to a referee in Washington State? Ok bub.

I'm pretty sure I was repsonding your assertion that "nothing" had been done in the NJ case, "bub."

And where in the Constitution is it stated there can be no accommodation, how would it be unconstitutional to give this kid a few minutes every day to pray by himself?

Probably the same place where it's unconstitutional to accommodate the same for Christian students or Jewish students, as has been already judicially determined. Perhaps you should be more up on these things if you care to comment.

:lol:

I didn't know prayer space was such a big deal but I suppose for a secular country it is.
In my old school Muslims and Christians both had designated areas to pray if they chose to

The Muslim woman in question can get her son to do the prayers after and before schools. I don't see the big problem. She made the choice to live in US which has the separation for all religions. The son can simply make up the prayers he missed afterwards.

I practice voodoo. I demand the school provide my kids with live chickens.

They won't allow christians to pray in school, why the hell should they provide a muslim a private place to pray in school? the last time I was in a school, the freaking stalls in the restroom were private, the little bugger can go in there and pray.

again, just why can't this kid pray at home?

Ok you're being obtuse then. It doesn't take a genius to know that these incidents are not unique. If you do not see the trend, I suggest you look again. And when you continue to deny it, I'll simply chalk it up to you continuing to be obtuse.

Ok again, I see two things relating to religion happening in a world full of billions of things happening which relate to religion. And you want me to conclude there is a trend for those other billions of points of data based on TWO which we don't even fully understand to begin with?

It wouldn't take a genius to know these incidents were not unique, IF there was any data to suggest they weren't AND if they were not unique to suggest there is a sizeable trend of similar events in relation to the total number of events relating to religion occuring. Do YOU have that data, because until you do you can't claim anything other than what you're gut tells you.

AND need I remind you that in the case of the NJ school, the woman and thus far only made a REQUEST, and that NOTHING has happened so far. Yet somehow a woman making a REQUEST is an afront to the Constitution and everything American. Do you really believe that we are so fragile that our system of government and nation is going to be destroyed by a kid praying quietly for a few minutes a day at school? Or that it'll be destroyed by a woman REQUESTING that her son be allowed to do that?

Yes... certainly giving God thanks or credit is an insult to God :rolleyes:

:lol:

I didn't know prayer space was such a big deal but I suppose for a secular country it is.
In my old school Muslims and Christians both had designated areas to pray if they chose to

The Muslim woman in question can get her son to do the prayers after and before schools. I don't see the big problem. She made the choice to live in US which has the separation for all religions. The son can simply make up the prayers he missed afterwards.

the big deal is that they don't allow christians to pray in schools anymore, it would be hypocritical to provide a place for this muslim kid to pray in school. :shrug:

why can't the kid pray at home before/after school?

the big deal is that they don't allow christians to pray in schools anymore, it would be hypocritical to provide a place for this muslim kid to pray in school. :shrug:

why can't the kid pray at home before/after school?

..... I don't think you fully understood my post

Yes... certainly giving God thanks or credit is an insult to God :rolleyes:

it's not an insult, it's just ridiculous. MY god doesn't care who wins a football game, i know that because the last time the colts were in the superbowl they lost. because god clearly didn't care.

Back
Top Bottom