• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Multiple people shot near Atlantic Station, police say

That sounds an awful lot like "I'm fine with violence but I just don't like guns".

If you don't focus on the violent behavior then you are never going to fix anything.
If you wanted to be really honest here (instead of always beating around the bush and trying to nitpick) just start posting...

"I don't care how many Americans die from gun violence and do not support any legislation that could radically change that."

If you wanted to be really honest here (instead of always beating around the bush and trying to nitpick) just start posting...

"I don't care how many Americans die from gun violence and do not support any legislation that could radically change that."
If I wanted to be honest? So, as far as you're concerned I'm not being honest? Just because I disagree with your approach to violence does not mean that I'm lying about anything.

thuglettes gone wild. Gosh these kids needed fathers, they just dont stand a chance and neither do all the people they'll be victimizing. I wish BLM would try to get the word out about fathering your children. But they probably dont know much about that. :-(

If I wanted to be honest? So, as far as you're concerned I'm not being honest? Just because I disagree with your approach to violence does not mean that I'm lying about anything.
Name the changes that you support that would dramatically reduce gun murders in the US (like almost wipe them out).

If you don't support any then you're okay with the status quo (or maybe a few less murders).

So, now we get to watch you in real time.

Name the changes that you support that would dramatically reduce gun murders in the US (like almost wipe them out).

If you don't support any then you're okay with the status quo (or maybe a few less murders).

So, now we get to watch you in real time.
The changes we need to make are societal and couched in traditions that promote fraternal love, the understanding that the willing pursuit of peace, rather than enforced peace, is how we become more loving and that when we value others to the same extent we value ourselves we are laying the groundwork for that peace. We need to understand that while some men can be wicked and evil mankind, overall, is not that way but does tend to get led astray.

The changes we need to make are societal and couched in traditions that promote fraternal love, the understanding that the willing pursuit of peace, rather than enforced peace, is how we become more loving and that when we value others to the same extent we value ourselves we are laying the groundwork for that peace. We need to understand that while some men can be wicked and evil mankind, overall, is not that way but does tend to get led astray.
Damn. And you guys talk about liberals being pie in the sky.

🤣🤣🤣🤣

It won't ever stop. Politicians will never do anything to stop it.
Whose families will be affected next?

In his Sunday press conference, Mayor Dickens pointed to the heightened presence of police that was already in place at Atlantic Station on the night of the shooting. He also stressed the importance of parents keeping track of where their children are.

Dickens noted that while offering condolences to parents of the victims, he had several say they didn't even know their kids were at Atlantic Station, let alone knew of a curfew in place there.

It might be worth noting that ultimately how PARENTS RAISE their children is much more important than how politicians step in to solve the problem, because in the end, parents hold the solution in their hands. It is a question of raising disciplined kids who understand that they ARE JUST KIDS and they MUST obey the commands of their parents to stay out of trouble and not engage in uncivil dangerous behavior.

Parents who allow their charges to become feral scoundrels engaging in Lord of the Flies scenarios are responsible, not politicians.

Damn. And you guys talk about liberals being pie in the sky.

🤣🤣🤣🤣

I actually think he made some good points. I only question his methodology and motivations but in the end, the actual points themselves have the potential to become dignified.

I actually think he made some good points. I only question his methodology and motivations but in the end, the actual points themselves have the potential to become dignified.
how do we accomplish those things and have other countries, like the UK and Japan, already done so?

how do we accomplish those things and have other countries, like the UK and Japan, already done so?

I wish I had all the answers but I know people smarter than me have much to offer if we can skip all the Hunter Biden laptop nonsense and ignore Putin's trolls long enough to sit down with them free of distractions, filibustering and lobbying.

I wish I had all the answers but I know people smarter than me have much to offer if we can skip all the Hunter Biden laptop nonsense and ignore Putin's trolls long enough to sit down with them free of distractions, filibustering and lobbying.
solving our gun violence problem is kinda/sorta like making money stock trading. if either thing were easy everyone would do it, we wouldn't have gun murders and everyone would be rich.

but, with our constitution, how it's interpreted and our laws we're just gonna, at some point, have to admit that the gun murders won't stop unless there is an amendment (which won't happen in our lifetime) or a re-interpretation of the 2nd (which won't happen in our lifetime).

so we'll have this same argument/debate in 1-3 weeks (all over again) when the next HIGH PROFILE mass shooting happens (while ignoring the hourly carnage).

solving our gun violence problem is kinda/sorta like making money stock trading. if either thing were easy everyone would do it, we wouldn't have gun murders and everyone would be rich.

but, with our constitution, how it's interpreted and our laws we're just gonna, at some point, have to admit that the gun murders won't stop unless there is an amendment (which won't happen in our lifetime) or a re-interpretation of the 2nd (which won't happen in our lifetime).

so we'll have this same argument/debate in 1-3 weeks (all over again) when the next HIGH PROFILE mass shooting happens (while ignoring the hourly carnage).

The saving grace is that in this shooting, only one person was killed.

Plenty of shootings to go this year to crank those numbers up.

We'll all dine on honeydew and Unicorn Farts on that magical day...LMAO. ffs

I’ve mentioned community policing numerous times in the context of crime.

Community policing isn’t just effective in inner cities - it works in suburban and rural areas also.

And would work to stifle mass shootings also.

The problem is we, as a society, can’t agree on what is reasonable when it comes to gun control.
I was referring to black on black mass shootings. They are never brought up here in the gun Debate by liberals.

I was referring to black on black mass shootings. They are never brought up here in the gun Debate by liberals.
Because mass shootings tend to involve white men more than blacks. In at least the last 40 years. Are you going back further than that?

Between 1982 and November 2022, 73 out of the 137 mass shootings in the United States were carried out by white shooters. By comparison, the perpetrator was African American in 21 mass shootings, and Latino in 11. When calculated as percentages, this amounts to 53 percent, 16 percent, and eight percent respectively.

It won't ever stop. Politicians will never do anything to stop it.

Whose families will be affected next?

Get serious. Politicians routinely, repeatedly, consistently, relentlessly send their thoughts and prayers to victims and families of victims. What more can they do?

Nor did that.
i like pointing out when posters immediately start pointing to "the blacks" in gun violence threads.

you did leave out Chicago though. so you bet a B-

Because mass shootings tend to involve white men more than blacks. In at least the last 40 years. Are you going back further than that?

That source excludes drug and gang violence, masking the true reality.

• In 2019, there were 418 shootings with four or more victims, shot or killed. This is according to data tracked by the Gun Violence Archive.
There is a reason these mass shootings are never used by liberals in the control debate.

It reveals how ordinary citizens being killed by angry whites is a small drop in the bucket, and balck on black mass shooting vastly outnumbers it.

• In 2019, there were 418 shootings with four or more victims, shot or killed. This is according to data tracked by the Gun Violence Archive.
There is a reason these mass shootings are never used by liberals in the control debate.

I sense that you think you are making some kind of a "point" here...what is it exactly?

What's callous about the fact that 321people are shot every day? Why does this one stand out? Because the OP has decided that trendy upscale liberal enclaves are off limits?

Did you hear that criminals? Take your gang shootouts back to the democratic ghettoes where they belong.

Stay in your lane!
So, you know this was a gang shoot out because........

It reveals how ordinary citizens being killed by angry whites is a small drop in the bucket, and balck on black mass shooting vastly outnumbers it.
Interesting. Thank you for sharing. I will check out that site.

Back
Top Bottom