• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Mueller's team seized 'voluminous and complex' evidence from Roger Stone

The Mueller team of Democrats is doing a tremendous job of opposition research for the Democratic Party - all at taxpayer expensive and using the full power of the government to do so. This also will probably give Mueller's team of Democrat lawyers hundreds of names of people, their spouses, children, business associates and lawyers to explore any excuse to also do huge SWAT raids on their homes and offices to teach them all a lesson of what happens to people in the USA who associate with Republicans in any way.

Mueller is a registered Republican...

His lawyers have already been talking to the feds. There was zero reason to send in an army. A couple of FBI agents could have handled it.

You're probably right. I don't know what they thought a 66-year-old man, his wife, and two five-pound puppies were going to do, but no one was harmed. I'm all for criticizing excessive force by law enforcement authorities, but at this point, I'm more interested in what Stone will do next. He seems like a cartoon to me.

His lawyers have already been talking to the feds. There was zero reason to send in an army. A couple of FBI agents could have handled it.

American, there's a story floating around that claims the FBI never read Stone his rights. Have you heard that one?

Why in the hell would he keep all that knowing that his arrest was imminent?

He still does not grasp the Mueller team's #1 goal is to do opposition research for the Democratic Party. Therefore he probably mistakenly believed any search warrant would only be related to criminal matters and not the goal of gaining the names and contacts of any pro-Trump, any conservative, any media source, contributors, and any Republican Stone communicated with, plus to learn the tactics and networks used to know who to attack, harass and what political info to pass on to the DNC.

Because there is nothing on them.

To be fair to Fletch's naivety, it could very well be Roger's phone sex hotline that he ran with Madam Davis and those businesses are always on the up and up. /s

I'm sure Mueller's team will send any and all unrelated crimes to the proper Floridian authorities.

Im sure he WILL...... but again..... Is this related to Mueller the "Voluminous info" As if another Trump Associate is charged with financial crimes UN related to Mueller's Russian investigation, I question the validity of warrants issued through his office, as I think ANY Floridian Authority could have obtained a warrant if there was credible evidence of a crime?

You dont need a special council investigating Russian influence to arrest a man on financial crimes?

Mueller is a registered Republican...

Mueller hasn't himself done anything far as anyone knows. The lawyers doing all the work are hardcore Democrats and even previously represented the Clinton Foundation - assuring NO investigation of the Clintons is even possible due to the obvious conflict of interests if doing so.

Sure, like they knew what he had. You're full of excuses for bad policing in a republic. You like that kind of thuggery, why don't you move to Russia?

I'm sure you are cool with "no knock" search warrants and swat raids on minorities though, right?

Mueller hasn't himself done anything far as anyone knows. The lawyers doing all the work are hardcore Democrats and even previously represented the Clinton Foundation - assuring NO investigation of the Clintons is even possible due to the obvious conflict of interests if doing so.

Dude politics do not play any role in this investigation or any other. That's not how the FBI works.

That's a possibility, but I wouldn't let the FBI seize even my gas receipts and baby pictures if I could help it.

Without just cause.....as well..... Was Stone a mad scientist with a flight risk...you know the last time I personally did a raid like that, was when the guy was a known IED planter and was accused of killing one of our guys about 2 weeks prior.......

What did Stone do now? Talk to Wiki Leaks about emails... yups that makes total justification.... CNN was outside the doors @ 3am as well? ......What??..

It sure seems like there's a few of them around here that approach this kind of thread with only one hand available for typing.

Dear Luther that post deserves 5 stars and a 1,000 likes.

These "Stupid Watergate" players are so dumb...

How dumb are they?

They backed up their incriminating data to Carbonite.

jk

Now that's a theory that I can buy. Perhaps he really did think that Mueller would buzz his cell phone one day and ask him to swing by the police department when he was free, as he claimed after his first court appearance. Perhaps he thought he would walk free after a short interview and never have his home searched. You might be right because if we know anything for certain about this investigation, it's that everyone being investigated is an abject moron.
... and bodaciously bold ...

He still does not grasp the Mueller team's #1 goal is to do opposition research for the Democratic Party. Therefore he probably mistakenly believed any search warrant would only be related to criminal matters and not the goal of gaining the names and contacts of any pro-Trump, any conservative, any media source, contributors, and any Republican Stone communicated with, plus to learn the tactics and networks used to know who to attack, harass and what political info to pass on to the DNC.

That is utterly ****ing insane.

I don't hate Trump. I can't hate someone I don't know. I can only hate foods and unnamed people who do cruel things, like molest children and abuse animals.

Just because you love Trump doesn't mean everyone else shares such passionate feelings, good or bad, towards the man.

Damn that super spicy Thai food straight to hell!!

:)

The Mueller team of Democrats is doing a tremendous job of opposition research for the Democratic Party - all at taxpayer expensive and using the full power of the government to do so. This also will probably give Mueller's team of Democrat lawyers hundreds of names of people, their spouses, children, business associates and lawyers to explore any excuse to also do huge SWAT raids on their homes and offices to teach them all a lesson of what happens to people in the USA who associate with Republicans in any way.
lol

Wake up, dude. Trump surrounded himself with criminals and miscreants during most of his career. Mueller is just the guy turning over the rock.

If anyone's spouses, children, business associates and lawyers get a knock on the door from an FBI team, it's because they did something which convinced a bunch of very careful prosecutors and judges that they were very likely involved in criminal activity.

Thanks, but no thanks, for the mafia/omerta mentality.

Without just cause.....as well..... Was Stone a mad scientist with a flight risk...you know the last time I personally did a raid like that, was when the guy was a known IED planter and was accused of killing one of our guys about 2 weeks prior.......

What did Stone do now? Talk to Wiki Leaks about emails... yups that makes total justification.... CNN was outside the doors @ 3am as well? ......What??..

To be fair, neither you nor I fully know what Stone might or might not have done, so I will no sooner convict him on DP than act like he's an innocent victim of the Deep State.

And as far as the media goes, I believe pretty much everyone was there, but I imagine I know why you named CNN. In case you missed the coverage the evening before the raid, the indictment was made public that day. Given the ongoing pattern of the investigation, pundits on every network, not just CNN, were speculating that Stone would be arrested the next morning. It made sense for them to be outside his house. What doesn't make sense is why Stone wasn't waiting for them at the kitchen table and why he left libraries of information lying around his home.

That's a possibility, but I wouldn't let the FBI seize even my gas receipts and baby pictures if I could help it.

I agree with you there. And I also think that that is the reason why this sprawling investigation of Trump has to have limits. Would it be fair to president Bernie Sanders if 2 months after he takes office an investigation into his entire life got under way where every dollar he has ever spent, every vote he has ever taken, every acquaintance he has ever made was put under the microscope of a team of prosecutors with unlimited budgets and unlimited power? No, of course not. But this is Trump so no one cares. Too many people, like the OP, want the investigation to continue until it finds something, anything that can bring Trump down. Thats not how a system of justice works. If Mueller finds no collusion with Russia, the investigation should end. You want Trump gone? There is an election in 21 months. Vote him out.

Dude politics do not play any role in this investigation or any other. That's not how the FBI works.

WHHHHATTTTT LOL..... Common.... dont pull my leg....

IRS found targeting conservative groups. Plead the 5th NO ONE paid for crimes
AG instructed everyone to call it matter not an investigation, AG meets with Target's Husband on Tarmac prior to meeting
AG Take the recommendation of the FBI rather then core prosecutors.
Fired Director LEAKS FBI memo's to Lawyer friend to release to media.....

I can go on and on and on..... Politics plays LOTS of Roles... in investigation...

one more for the hell of it.

Politics DEMANDS a 7th FBI investigation against a SCOTUS nominee after 6 prior investigations completed found NO credible evidence or sexual abuse....

POLITIC plays HEAVY in investigation's... To ignore that is seemingly hypocritical. NOW to be fair though there is equality...... Bengahzi hearing was a Show to discredit HRC' Presidential bid....I can admit that... But was very weird in its prosecutorial handling.

So that should be sufficient reason to keep this investigation going on through November of 2020 and, if necessary, probably through November 2024 as well.

It took Trump 10 months to submit written answer to questions. It's not logical for you to complain about the length of the investigation, especially when we are still seeing indictments being handed down.

I agree with you there. And I also think that that is the reason why this sprawling investigation of Trump has to have limits. Would it be fair to president Bernie Sanders if 2 months after he takes office an investigation into his entire life got under way where every dollar he has ever spent, every vote he has ever taken, every acquaintance he has ever made was put under the microscope of a team of prosecutors with unlimited budgets and unlimited power? No, of course not. But this is Trump so no one cares. Too many people, like the OP, want the investigation to continue until it finds something, anything that can bring Trump down. Thats not how a system of justice works. If Mueller finds no collusion with Russia, the investigation should end. You want Trump gone? There is an election in 21 months. Vote him out.

I, for one, have never called for Trump's impeachment. I also find it impossible that he will be removed from office before the next election and possibly even the one after that. I do, however, see "voluminous" evidence of potentially criminal behavior among most of Trump's associates and his campaign. I don't know if he himself allegedly did anything wrong because Mueller has kept that information, if any, secret, but I do find it suspicious that Trump has lied so, so, so much about these things. He might just be nuts or senile or both, but I know most of my lies have been employed to hide something I did wrong.

To be fair to Fletch's naivety, it could very well be Roger's phone sex hotline that he ran with Madam Davis and those businesses are always on the up and up. /s
Of the seven counts, I've seen a media person claim it was the Witness Tampering that figured predominately in the nature of the raid.

Stone was seemingly threatening the witness (Randy Credico) and his dog, for Chrissakes:

14. "On or about April 9, 2018, STONE wrote in an email to Person 2, 'You are a rat. A stoolie. You backstab your friends-run your mouth my lawyers are dying Rip you to shreds.' STONE also said he would 'take that dog away from you," referring to Person 2's dog. On or about the same day, STONE wrote to Person 2, 'I am so ready. Let's get it on. Prepare to die [expletive].'"

Source: (CNN) That time Roger Stone threatened a dog, and 13 other lines from the indictment

Back
Top Bottom