• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Mossad in America

Cold Highway

Dispenser of Negativity
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Newburgh, New York and World 8: Dark Land
Political Leaning
Libertarian
Mossad officers sought to recruit Arab-Americans as sources willing to inform on their associates and neighbors. The approaches, which took place in New York and New Jersey, were reportedly handled clumsily, making the targets of the operation suspicious. These Arab-Americans turned down the requests for cooperation, and some of the contacts were eventually reported to the FBI, which has determined that at least two of the Mossad officers are, ironically, Israeli Arabs operating out of Israel’s mission to the United Nations in New York under cover as consular assistants.

In another bizarre case, U.S.S. Liberty survivor Phil Tourney was recently accosted in Southern California by a foreigner who eventually identified himself as an Israeli government representative. Tourney was taunted, and the Israeli threatened both him and journalist Mark Glenn, who has been reporting on the Liberty story. Tourney was approached in a hotel lounge, and it is not completely clear how the Israeli was able to identify him. But he knew exactly who Tourney was, as the official referred to the Liberty, saying that the people who had been killed on board had gotten what they deserved. There were a number of witnesses to the incident, including Tourney’s wife. The threat has been reported to the FBI, which is investigating, but Tourney and Glenn believe that the incident is not being taken seriously by the bureau.

Just because someone is a friend, doesnt mean that they have the right to spy on me.

The American Conservative » Mossad in America

I bet we have spies in Israel (or I hope we do at least). This news really isn't shocking. I bet Russia, Israel, UK, France, and some other nations have spies in the US. It's called international politics. It smells like bull****, it looks like bull****, and it is bull****.

I bet we have spies in Israel (or I hope we do at least). This news really isn't shocking. I bet Russia, Israel, UK, France, and some other nations have spies in the US. It's called international politics. It smells like bull****, it looks like bull****, and it is bull****.

Just because it happens doenst mean we as American citizens should tolerate it. Spying for another nation should result in immediate deportation after all the evidence is laid out.

Just because someone is a friend, doesnt mean that they have the right to spy on me.

The American Conservative » Mossad in America

You are an anti-semite!!!! for questioning Israel!

and on a more serious note.. nothing new. It is not many years ago a FBI agent or similar was caught spying for Israel. In fact there have been quite a number of cases. One recently barely got mentioned in the media and the guy got off with a slap on the wrist..

BBC NEWS | Americas | US man 'gave secrets to Israel'

So the price for treason depends on who you are selling your information too and what age you are... or so it seems.. he got fined 50 grand. But saying that, some Israeli spies have gotten harsh sentences.. like Pollard who got life, but most have gotten a decade in jail.

Just because it happens doenst mean we as American citizens should tolerate it. Spying for another nation should result in immediate deportation after all the evidence is laid out.
I wholeheartedly agree.

On the other hand, the United States NSA (No Such Agency) intrudes upon the privacy of foreign governments and citizens everyday by listening to private telephone conversations, reading private e-mails, tracking internet activity, and examining personal/corporate bank transfers, credit-card transactions and travel and telephone records.

National Security Agency - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This doesn't even touch on the activities of the 16 other major agencies in the US foreign intelligence/spying collective. There is a CIA section in every US embassy and consulate in the world. :shrug:

I wasn't saying we should tolerate it, I was just saying that this was a part of the Circus Show that is Internation Politics.

I wholeheartedly agree.

On the other hand, the United States NSA (No Such Agency) intrudes upon the privacy of foreign governments and citizens everyday by listening to private telephone conversations, reading private e-mails, tracking internet activity, and examining personal/corporate bank transfers, credit-card transactions and travel and telephone records.

National Security Agency - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This doesn't even touch on the activities of the 16 other major agencies in the US foreign intelligence/spying collective. There is a CIA section in every US embassy and consulate in the world. :shrug:

But we know for a fact they aren't spies......... the are cultural liaisons. :ssst:

Back
Top Bottom