• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

More Americans blame Trump for government shutdown

You misspelled “mantle.”

“You want to know something? I’ll take it,” he said at the time. “I will shut down the government. I am proud to shut down the government. I will take the mantle.”

Well, he already has the core, his core supporters. Maybe he can get the mantle as well.

mantle.jpg

If a thread creator posts something from an article, but supplies a link to said article, do you think omissions from the linked article equal something nefarious?

What's your next inane question?
The O/P is fully capable of answering for himself without your attempt to muddy the waters.

The O/P is fully capable of answering for himself without your attempt to muddy the waters.

And I did answer it it post 20:

Why would anyone blame the Congressional Republicans? They aren't the ones shutting down the government. Trump is the one to take the blame/praise for that one.

Did you notice that Trump is not the only one they blame?
It's not boding well for Trump or the congressional Democrats.
IOW, even though Trump accepts full responsibility for the shutdown, the American public sees it differently.

Which part of the American people? The 33% who blame Democrats? The 35% who believe that wall funding should be in CRs?

Ever notice this trend: the support for the things Trump supports often hover in the mid 30s. Just slightly less than Trump's approval numbers.

Now, who could the 30-40% of the people be....

Why is it inane? You felt the need to point out that the OP left something out, but yet the OP gave you the link to the article. I'm just wondering if you felt he had some nefarious motive for not sharing this information.

I'm fine with it... It's one of his election promises, and he's trying to follow through where others would have caved.

I don't care about government shut downs... we need the less spending anyway.

I'm fine with it... It's one of his election promises, and he's trying to follow through where others would have caved.

Eh, shutdowns cost the government money...

Why is it inane? You felt the need to point out that the OP left something out, but yet the OP gave you the link to the article. I'm just wondering if you felt he had some nefarious motive for not sharing this information.

The O/P did leave something out.
The premise of his thread while mostly accurate didn't show the entire picture.

I found it odd he left the part out about 1/3 of Americans blame the Democrats, which is what I said in my post. Odd does not mean nefarious.

The O/P did leave something out.
The premise of his thread while mostly accurate didn't show the entire picture.

I found it odd he left the part out about 1/3 of Americans blame the Democrats, which is what I said in my post. Odd does not mean nefarious.

OK, then why odd?

No one has been out there blaming Republicans in congress. The poll agrees with that. The whole focus has been on Trump vs the Democrats for the shut-down. The Rs are just reacting to Trump because he says he won't sign something unless it has what he wants, so why bother?

Eh, shutdowns cost the government money...

It's arguable. And congress can choose to not back-pay furloughed workers... but they often choose to anyway.

We've had many shutdowns before.... nothing happened, business as usual.

I think we should have a party/president with the balls to shutdown the government indefinitely, until we get our finances and spending in order.

It's arguable. And congress can choose to not back-pay furloughed workers... but they often choose to anyway.

We've had many shutdowns before.... nothing happened, business as usual.

I think we should have a party/president with the balls to shutdown the government indefinitely, until we get our finances and spending in order.

Funniest damn **** I've heard all day. :lamo

Oh, somehow I thought he said something differently.
"I would build a great wall, and nobody builds walls better than me. Believe me. And I'll build it very inexpensively. I'll build a great, great wall on our southern border and I will have Mexico pay for that wall. Mark my words," he said.

I guess he didn't cave in on that one.

'I'll Build a Wall and Mexico Will Pay for It': Watch Highlights of Trump's 2016 Address | Fox News Insider

Look, all Trump has to do is sign whatever they put in front of him and declare the Democrats 'caved' and gave him the funding for the wall. His base will cheer, and that's what he wants, right? Truth and reality are completely irrelevant.

He's already claimed that portions of the wall have already been built. His base believes him.

He told the troops that they had not gotten a raise in many years and that 'his' military raise was the biggest ever.

He declared that 'his' tax cut was the largest in the history of America.

Trump claimed he owns one of the largest wineries in the country.

I could go on for about 5,000 more examples, but what's the point?

Trump can just continue to MSU and it's all good. Trump can say whatever the F he wants and his base loves it.

Funniest damn **** I've heard all day. :lamo

Not saying it's realistic xD.... but something like that needs to happen.... it will happen eventually, because we will be forced to.

Of course this is all on Trump.

The trouble for Trump is that he has lied so much he can't remember what he said in the previous lie. First he said Mexico will pay for it then he said he was proud to take ownership of shutting the govt down. Now he said its the Dems fault.

And now he reveals that most of the Federal workers laid off are Dems so the doesn't give a rat's ass about any of them.

And how in hell does he know the political persuasions of Federal workers. Another stupid statement from Trump.

Back
Top Bottom