• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

More alarmism

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[h=1]An Example of AR4 WG2 False Alarmism[/h][FONT=&quot]This post is a lightly reworked last third of much longer essay No Bodies in ebook Blowing Smoke, foreword by Professor Judith Curry of Georgia Tech. It concerns the demonstrably misleading dishonesty of AR4 WG2 concerning climate change caused species extinctions, and the shoddy science behind the one paper AR4 ultimately relied upon. It is…
Continue reading →
[/FONT]

It's almost like none of these climate truthers ever actually read any of the IPCC reports they whine so much about?

The IPCC is a political body that picks and chooses the (pseudo?) science it bases its assertions on. Its all about controlling people not climate . It was set up by governments for governments because fear is control and control is power which thankfully has been on the wane since its peak over a decade ago.

590x384_05231951_73479_web.jpg

Its is interesting to note too that the poor countries that are claimed to be most affected by climate change are also the ones least concerned about it.

Go figure

MYWorld2015 Analytics

The IPCC is a political body that picks and chooses the (pseudo?) science it bases its assertions on....

I ran across this smart remark a day or two ago:

What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof?”

Apparently Flogger doesn't understand the irony there :lol:

Apparently Flogger doesn't understand the irony there :lol:

I get your point, but you don't have to look too far to find totally asinine claims from your side of the coin:

Doctors cite climate change for rise in animal bites...
NBC News

Might be better to update that as;

What can be asserted without evidence and just can't be dissised without absolute proof?

I get your point, but you don't have to look too far to find totally asinine claims from your side of the coin:

Doctors cite climate change for rise in animal bites...
NBC News

My side of the coin is accepting the overwhelming majority of scientists' conclusions as being by far the most reliable information and basis for policy available.

The IPCC itself has been very cautious in attributing specific observations to human causation, until the available evidence has become sufficiently compelling. So while there may well be some truth to rising temperatures increasing tick and mosquito activity - and the consequent increased risk of disease spreading is definitely one of the concerns for future warming - I'd be surprised if those doctors' views of current/specific attribution would be echoed by a body as rigorous as the IPCC.

[h=1]Grayling Brain Dead as a Dodo[/h]Posted on 17 Dec 18 by GEOFF CHAMBERS 13 Comments
Letters to the Guardian telling us we’re doomed are a dime a dozen, but this one is signed by some big names like Noam Chomsky, Rowan Williams, and Professor Grayling, Master of the New College of the Humanities, London. OK, it’s also signed by Caroline Lucas, Naomi Klein, Jonathon Porritt, and Dr Rupert Read, the … Continu

Back
Top Bottom