• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Morality and Belief in God

Incorrect....According to the KJV bible (Isaiah 45:7),the biblical god created evil.

Well, that would certainly be true for anyone who believes God is the creator of everything.

Incorrect....According to the KJV bible (Isaiah 45:7),the biblical god created evil.

Wrong...this has been discussed before just recently...sorry you missed it...

Well, that would certainly be true for anyone who believes God is the creator of everything.

You'd think,but apologetics can be pretty creative ...much like Trump's 'double negative' gaffe.

From where did Satan come?

All of Jehovah’s works are perfect; he is not the author of unrighteousness; so he did not create anyone wicked. (Deut. 32:4; Ps. 5:4) The one who became Satan was originally a perfect spirit son of God. When saying that the Devil “did not stand fast in the truth,” Jesus indicated that at one time that one was “in the truth.” (John 8:44) But, as is true of all of God’s intelligent creatures, this spirit son was endowed with free will. He abused his freedom of choice, allowed feelings of self-importance to develop in his heart, began to crave worship that belonged only to God, and so enticed Adam and Eve to listen to him rather than obey God. Thus by his course of action he made himself Satan, which means “adversary.”—Jas. 1:14, 15;

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1101989267

Wrong...this has been discussed before just recently...sorry you missed it...

pretty clear to me,but I understand different people have different takes on that verse and many others,not unlike so many other biblical verses. (hence the 1000's of various Christian denominations)...Nonetheless,thx for the civil discourse and have a nice night.

A theological concordance synonym for evil as used in that verse is 'calamity.' If evil is practiced, then calamity will eventually return to them.

In God's Kingdom there are blessings or curses, sowing and reaping, etc. - polar opposites. That's the idea in God creating evil / calamity. If evil is practiced, there's consequences.

A theological concordance synonym for evil as used in that verse is 'calamity.' If evil is practiced, then calamity will eventually return to them.

In God's Kingdom there are blessings or curses, sowing and reaping, etc. - polar opposites. That's the idea in God creating evil / calamity. If evil is practiced, there's consequences.

Citation for your god claims?

You called?

Not true...morals laws are the same as they always were with God...the laws you're talking about that have changed are not considered moral laws...

Name them all.

Name them all.

for the record,in Matthew 5:18,Christ declares ALL O.T.Laws 'are still in effect until the heavens and earth have passed.Clearly this has not happened,so per Christ directive,the O.T Laws are still to be enforced....Laws such as stoning disobedient children to death,for example.The verse states Christ declared 'not one iota' of the O.T. Laws are to be altered or tampered with.

Even lifelong "self-labeled" Christians, such as I, don't truly understand until they are filled with the Holy Spirit. I had an awakening a couple years ago and realized just how "off-base" I really was, even though I called myself Christian. I was just "going through the motions" instead of actually being filled with the Holy Spirit.

What you speak of is real; I've experienced it first hand.

I do not see any evidence that people who claim to be 'filled with the holy spirit' are actually filled with the holy spirit. In fact, many of them are much more arrogant, obnoxious , judgemental and vindictive than the average person. Those are symptoms that I would think would be the exact opposite of someone who is filled with the spirit of God. In the New Testament, there is a statement about 'by their fruits you will know them' (Matthew 7:16). The fruits of those tend to be quite rotten.

Since it seems to be the case that the really obnoxious ones whose actions and attitudes turn people off of Christianity very often are ones that claim that they are 'filled with the holy spirit', I can only assume that it is a false claim for everyone.

The term that is being translated as 'calamity' is from the Hebrew Ra' This is also used in genesis2 to describe the tree of Good and Evil (tov wa-ra). As such, 'calamity' was chosen by Christian translators because they didn't to deal with the theological implications... beside they came up with 'satan' as a fallen angel, a most pagan construct to cover that.. But, Ra still means evil.

The term that is being translated as 'calamity' is from the Hebrew Ra' This is also used in genesis2 to describe the tree of Good and Evil (tov wa-ra). As such, 'calamity' was chosen by Christian translators because they didn't to deal with the theological implications... beside they came up with 'satan' as a fallen angel, a most pagan construct to cover that.. But, Ra still means evil.

What would an atheist know about spiritual matters?

Nonsense. If they knew about the truth of the resurrection they wouldn't be atheists.

They know too much to fall for that nonsense. It’s like the kid who says his parents don’t believe him about the truth of the boogeyman under his bed because they have not experienced it like he has. That’s not why the parents don’t take the kids claims too seriously.

Nonsense. If they knew about the truth of the resurrection they wouldn't be atheists.

This is the truth of the resurrection. It didn't happen.

They know too much to fall for that nonsense. It’s like the kid who says his parents don’t believe him about the truth of the boogeyman under his bed because they have not experienced it like he has. That’s not why the parents don’t take the kids claims too seriously.

Nope. There's a lot more Christians who believe than there are atheists who don't. So the problem is on your end.

Atheists might comprise up to 5% of the population. You put that on a Bell Curve and it falls into the abnormal range of beliefs.

You do not understand Judaism.

Better than you. I've seen your arguments and they don't hold water.

Like the one you tried to foist on people where you claimed the Messiah had to be from a direct line of males down from Solomon. That was a real howler.

You don't have any credibility with that tripe.

I am sure you reject the truth, but that is the truth. You make claims, but I remember what is written in Jeremiah 23:16

Back
Top Bottom