• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Monkeypox - homosexual over-representation percentage please. (1 Viewer)

Your reputation is shaped by what you decide to contribute to the forum. In your case, it is basically always looking for a reason to criticize black people and promote what I guess you see as "the white race".

I certainly don't need to promote the white race - the left does so every time they point out 'disparate outcomes'. The left has everyone jealous of the white male demographic, and for that I'm thankful.

Not with the homosexual part. However, it's highly likely that the MSM will mention, sooner or later, that there's a disparity in monkeypox treatment for Blacks because of the legacy of slavery.

So how are the Catholic priests and Southern Baptist preachers doing with all this?

Neither do I consider the OP to be anything other than asking for clarification.
So how are the Catholic priests and Southern Baptist preachers doing with all this? Just asking for clarification.

So how are the Catholic priests and Southern Baptist preachers doing with all this? Just asking for clarification.

I wouldn't know, since I'm neither Catholic or Southern Baptist. Stand by....

just checked my email, nothing from them yet.

Many thanks. Can you link to stories? My motivation here isn't anti-gay, but rather I'm against the MSM shrouding vital medical information. When Covid it, they knew it was basically hitting the elderly but they kept that as quiet as they could.
Where are you getting this ridiculous notion? The MSM reported that the elderly were at higher risk from the very start of the pandemic. And I just saw on CNN of all networks that monkey pox is primarily hitting the gay community and people with multiple sexual partners. Why do you think the "MSM is keeping it quiet?"

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/05/23/cdc...l-men-as-monkeypox-spreads-in-community-.html
https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/23/health/monkeypox-cdc/index.html
https://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireStory/portugal-finds-monkeypox-cases-men-outbreak-spreads-84803304

I've done some looking, and it looks like "men who have sex with men" are on the radar with this thing. What percent of gay men represent the current caseload?

I realize there's a social reason to keep this quiet, but we have a right to know what increases our risk.
Are you thinking of having sex with a man? I have seen no evidence that gay sex causes monkey pox, so go ahead.

Maybe conservatives are spreading Monkeypox intentionally to distract everyone from your thread.
Now I know why I don't spend time in the dungeon. Fear, raw fear.

Where are you getting this ridiculous notion? The MSM reported that the elderly were at higher risk from the very start of the pandemic. And I just saw on CNN of all networks that monkey pox is primarily hitting the gay community and people with multiple sexual partners. Why do you think the "MSM is keeping it quiet?"

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/05/23/cdc...l-men-as-monkeypox-spreads-in-community-.html
https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/23/health/monkeypox-cdc/index.html
https://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireStory/portugal-finds-monkeypox-cases-men-outbreak-spreads-84803304

They didn't quantify the risk difference between the young and old for Covid. Even today, most people will grossly over-estimate the portion of Covid deaths under 50 (6.8%) due to the sensationalism.

It's going to be similar for monkeypox: Are gays 10% more likely or 1000% percent more likely to get it? All we have is "higher risk" or "more likely". It's malpractice.

They didn't quantify the risk difference between the young and old for Covid. Even today, most people will grossly over-estimate the portion of Covid deaths under 50 (6.8%) due to the sensationalism.

It's going to be similar for monkeypox: Are gays 10% more likely or 1000% percent more likely to get it? All we have is "higher risk" or "more likely". It's malpractice.
What is malpractice is publicizing a number before you have all the information.

I heard on mainstream media (CNN I believe it was) that the risk of death to people under the age of 60 from the novel coronavirus was estimated to be close to 1% within the first week that they had identified the virus.

I've done some looking, and it looks like "men who have sex with men" are on the radar with this thing. What percent of gay men represent the current caseload?

I realize there's a social reason to keep this quiet, but we have a right to know what increases our risk.
Physical contact with someone infected, not necessarily intimate closeness.

It's a disease that spreads through close contact, and sexual intimacy is close contact. If it happens that a homosexual man carries it, it's more likely to spread to other homosexual men just becasue that's where the person carrying it will come in close contact. If the person carrying it happened to be straight it would spread the same way.

Does that include the sensationalism of reports denying COVID was the true cause or death or blaming vaccines for deaths rather than COVID? I think the risk of death (distinct from the risk of infection and transmission) being higher in older people (among other high risk groups) was clearly reported from the outset.

The mechanisms of monkeypox are already well known though and sexual orientation has literally zero direct impact on the infection risk. It has been clear for sometime that the source of the outbreak was probably a single event which happened to be attended by a large proportion of gay men, hence the disproportionate representation in early cases. That in itself is almost certainly coincidental and the risks of onward transmission will be directly related to any close contact with infected people, regardless of sexual orientation. The question you are asking has already been answered, you just don't seem to want to hear that answer.

So you're gay? Did not know that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom