• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Monkeypox - homosexual over-representation percentage please.

Rickeroo

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
I've done some looking, and it looks like "men who have sex with men" are on the radar with this thing. What percent of gay men represent the current caseload?

I realize there's a social reason to keep this quiet, but we have a right to know what increases our risk.

I am surprised that the christians have not jumped on this and do the same bullshit they did with aids and claim it is gods will to punish homosexuality.

Possibly they learned a lesson on how not to sound like a bunch of morons. But I doubt it.

I've done some looking, and it looks like "men who have sex with men" are on the radar with this thing. What percent of gay men represent the current caseload?

I realize there's a social reason to keep this quiet, but we have a right to know what increases our risk.
I'm just not going to go there.

Our Canadian news is reporting factually and responsibly. This virus is spread from close contact over prolonged time and/or contact with body fluids. Most of the cases here have been identified in clinics specializing in sexually transmitted disease. I read one article that linked these cases to a gay convention of sorts in Spain. Our press is not sensationalizing this but neither is it burying it.

At least we can be absolutely sure that crt plays no role.

Not with the homosexual part. However, it's highly likely that the MSM will mention, sooner or later, that there's a disparity in monkeypox treatment for Blacks because of the legacy of slavery.

I suggest we immediately tune into any televangelist we can find, then haul everyone gay out of their homes and stone them to death.

That'll fix it.

Our Canadian news is reporting factually and responsibly. This virus is spread from close contact over prolonged time and/or contact with body fluids. Most of the cases here have been identified in clinics specializing in sexually transmitted disease. I read one article that linked these cases to a gay convention of sorts in Spain. Our press is not sensationalizing this but neither is it burying it.

Many thanks. Can you link to stories? My motivation here isn't anti-gay, but rather I'm against the MSM shrouding vital medical information. When Covid it, they knew it was basically hitting the elderly but they kept that as quiet as they could.

I suggest we immediately tune into any televangelist we can find, then haul everyone gay out of their homes and stone them to death.

That'll fix it.
This is a horrendous, terrible, inhuman idea. Suggesting we tune into televangelists should be an instant permanent ban.

@Helix can you take care of this please.

That'll fix it.
Stoning was a punishment favored by the Jews. The Romans preferred crucifixtion. Today we'd send them to those nice, Christian camps to be fixed. If that didn't work, then we would stone them. Unless Ginny has been talking to Thomas again, in that case crucifixtion is a good bet.

No basis in fact.

This turd should be flushed.

In England around the year 1800, it was common for gay men to be put in stocks as punishment, and good citizens would then throw dead cats and dogs at them. Reportedly, some of the gay prisoners were killed that way.

Of course, the Royal Navy at that time routinely hanged sailors guilty of gay relations.

In England around the year 1800, it was common for gay men to be put in stocks as punishment, and good citizens would then throw dead cats and dogs at them. Reportedly, some of the gay prisoners were killed that way.

Of course, the Royal Navy at that time routinely hanged sailors guilty of gay relations.
But the British progressed and changed their ways. After WWII they merely chemically castrated Alan Turing.

Why do you care? Do you have prolonged close contact or exchange bodily fluids with men?

The Royal Navy hanged sailors for all sorts of reasons. Well, they had all that rope sitting around.

Why do you care? Do you have prolonged close contact or exchange bodily fluids with men?

Whatever the gay over-representation turns out to be, I can ignore that portion as the MSM reports "Monkeypox cases are on the rise".

Here are a few. Important to note that in no way are these reports being accusatory or anti gay. It's just providing factual information. I would hate to see this turn into an anti gay thing! That would be wrong.

There was a news report of (if I recall correctly) a number of individuals of which only one was not a member of that community.

But there are a number of ways a human being can contract a disease.

Our skins are pretty good at preventing most forms of disease from entering the "risky bits." Then in most orifice's there are mucus membranes and in the mouth salivary glands which also help.

However, if the disease can get past those, while we still have our immune system reaction there may be some areas where this is not immediately effective.

I suspect (much like HIV) if the current subject fall into that community the problem might be linked to certain practices which, if not done "safely" may expose the intestines and other "orifices" to the virus,

However, that remains to be seen.

Regardless, we should not rush to label via creating another "Gay Disease" allegation.

Last edited:
Whatever the gay over-representation turns out to be, I can ignore that portion as the MSM reports "Monkeypox cases are on the rise".
So, no worries for you about the impact as long as it's just "the gays". Got it.

Here are a few. Important to note that in no way are these reports being accusatory or anti gay. It's just providing factual information. I would hate to see this turn into an anti gay thing! That would be wrong.
Yeap. The sample size is small and indicative of a cluster. It could have just as easily been swinging singles or Roger Stone's Bridge Club.

Many thanks. I understand people's trepidation here as I try to uncover the facts. I'll be the first to admit that whites are over-represented in mass shootings with 7 killed or more, as I found through my own research going back to 2017.

Back
Top Bottom